My New Blog - The Smaller Bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
Nice..When there are hundreds of thems(templates) available for free,you could have gone for a better one..

Nice..When there are hundreds of thems(templates) available for free,you could have gone for a better one..
I have NO idea where to get good templates. Most of the templates on the internet leave a thick strip free on both sides, and this I hate.

New

Padawan
Right..That was the real problem for me too..Finally I got one which has minimal strip on both the sides.Have a look here..

Take a look at my latest post guys:

The Swordsman who fights with a Paper Sword - Me and My PC

This one I get a bit personal, but hey... its still something.:)

goobimama

 Macboy
I have NO idea where to get good templates. Most of the templates on the internet leave a thick strip free on both sides, and this I hate.
Well I would highly suggest you use a fixed width layout, that is, the thick strip on the sides. Sometimes my browser uses all of the screen space and it becomes really hard to read loooooong lines of text (as in your blog). Keep your text width a maximum of 600px, although 500 px would be still better.

Secondly, there is very little contrast throughout your colour scheme. Some contrasting elements have to be introduced. Or at least lighten the blue background...

Well I would highly suggest you use a fixed width layout, that is, the thick strip on the sides. Sometimes my browser uses all of the screen space and it becomes really hard to read loooooong lines of text (as in your blog). Keep your text width a maximum of 600px, although 500 px would be still better.

Secondly, there is very little contrast throughout your colour scheme. Some contrasting elements have to be introduced. Or at least lighten the blue background...
The problem is that the site looks ugly on my computer at 1024x768 as I normally view it. Also, a majority of internet surfers surf the web at that resolution. Since neither I nor are most of my audience having high resolution monitors, I chose that theme.

This is only a standby theme, because currently nothing looks ugly as it is. Everything is fine now although a bit old fashioned looking. So I am keeping this till I figure out how to get myself something better.

Hey guys, My current blog, on wordpress, *thesmallerbang.wordpress.com made it on google search and googling for the smaller bang wordpress gives my blog as the first item. :D

I am happy at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom