My Net Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartripple

In the zone
Hey guys
today I have tried to check the speed of my net.
I went to www.speedtest.net
and tested my speed.

the result I got is here. [URL=*www.speedtest.net]*www.speedtest.net/result/436534837.png[/URL]

Take a look at that and tell me is it correct or something else?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The BSNL Home 500 is rated for 2 Mb/s, that's 2048 Kb/s download, and 256 Kb/s upload. Your test results are considerably higher than that. If you're getting those figures consistently, either the test is not accurate or BSNL is not regulating their connection speed carefully.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
*www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=test+internet+speed&btnG=Google+Search&aq=0&oq=test+inte

[url=*www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk]*www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/03347751.png[/URL]
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
[`[*Test Results from <a href="*www.ozspeedtest.com">Oz Broadband Speed Test</a>*]`] [(---------------------------------- Test run on [*26/03/2009*] @ [*11:52 AM*])] [(Mirror: [*Australian Internet Solutions (VIC)*] Data: [*600 KB*] Test Time: [*10.78 secs*])] [(Your line speed is [*453 kbps*] (0.45 Mbps). Your download speed is [*57 KB/s*] (0.06 MB/s). )]

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
What do you think of my speed?

*img216.imageshack.us/img216/8571/fakespeedtest.gif

Ha! This is an old joke. Probably known to many forum members, but also probably unknown to many others. The BSNL speed test can be tricked into showing any speed you like. This is a genuine screenshot, not a painted image.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Your results are not weird. Downloading from a fast site in good line conditions, I often get actual download speeds of >200 KB/s.

Don't confuse bits (b) and bytes (B). Your connection is 2 Megabits/sec (Mb/s). That's 256 kilobytes/sec (kB/s). I often get a sustained download speed of more than 200 kB/s with occasional peaks of 270-300 kB/s.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Ya...I too got around 3.1 Mbps one night when I was surfing late in the night...I was so shocked.....

@ Pimpom...Bsnl site can be hacked by anybody, even by noobs....just like Ankit Fadia does to show himself how he is a geek....:p

Arnab boss

In the zone
Bsnl broadband speed can b changed.i.e one of my friend has a Bsnl 500 home plan,his speed is 512 kb/s but he showed me how 2 hack in and the speed goes 2 1 mbps / 2mbps, not a joke I saw it and he downloaded a movie within half an hour, so its good to have more speed and pay less...?
Posted again:
Bsnl broadband speed can b changed.i.e one of my friend has a Bsnl 500 home plan,his speed is 512 kb/s but he showed me how 2 hack in and the speed goes 2 1 mbps / 2mbps, not a joke I saw it and he downloaded a movie within half an hour, so its good to have more speed and pay less...?
Posted again:
Posted again:

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
BSNL Home 500 is 2 Mbps, not 512 Kbps. No hacking needed to get 2 Mbps. Your friend might have been pulling your leg.

To be precise, what they say on their tariff page is that the Home 500 plan is 256 Kbps upto 2 Mbps wherever technically feasible. It is unlikely that they give 512 Kbps in a city like Kolkata. I live in a much smaller city and have been enjoying 2 Mbps from the start.

It will be interesting to hear what other subscribers of the Home 500 in Kolkata have to say.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@ Pimpom...Bsnl site can be hacked by anybody, even by noobs....just like Ankit Fadia does to show himself how he is a geek....
Out of all the names you had to say Ankit Fadia.

shaunak

Tux Fan
@ Original Poster: Your speeds are just fine. A 10% +- is not unheard of. As long as it doesn't drop to less than 75% of the promised line speed, you have no need to worry.

Any one who claims to have 'hacked' is probably kidding. The guys at BSNL might be irritating, <insert adjectives here> but they arent exactly *Dumb*.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
@ Original Poster: Your speeds are just fine. A 10% +- is not unheard of. As long as it doesn't drop to less than 75% of the promised line speed, you have no need to worry.

Any one who claims to have 'hacked' is probably kidding. The guys at BSNL might be irritating, <insert adjectives here> but they arent exactly *Dumb*.

I was not worried.........
mujhe to bahot khushi ho ahi thi :-D:-D:-D:-D
I thought my net is so much faster

shaunak

Tux Fan
Yup.
Some times mine jumps to 300Kbps too. But practically, its of no use because those bursts are for very short durations and most of the time the speed stays below the promised levels. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom