My core i7-920 and MSI x58 ECLIPSE review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
btw, the dealer (lamington road, mumbai) told me tat UD5 is Rs.21K and Extreme is Rs.25K (b4 the stocks were out) lets see wat price he quotes now (on 18th feb,09) wen the so called stockes are available..

I have already ordered UD5 for 18k from lynx....Im still cursing MSI for bad product quality...and top it all only their boards are readilly available here :(.....Asus board is not very VFM at 22k....My exams are coming up so im not gaming anyway so I guess I can w8 for UD5

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Gautham: well ya, rightly said buddy.. :)

@amitash: So, has tat UD5 reached u? and how u made the payment (ICICI bank a/c transfer)? if i dnt get a UD5 till 18th feb, i may well buy it from lynx... lets see.. :(

Btw, ur siggy tells tat u hv Extreme, so wats up with that ?? did that blow out too ??
------------

Also, any recommendations on my prev posted query ??wherein i said the following :confused:
is TX750 enough for 2 gtx280 on SLi ??(if i plan to add tat extra card in future) or shud i go for HX1000 ??

also, wat VA/watt rating UPS shud i hv ?? will a 1100VA UPS from APC (model BS1100) wil do ?? for a core i7 920+UD5+ single (and in future a Sli) gtx280 along with the PSU (be it either tx750 or hx1000) ??

^^^ Phenom II is already available in Kolkata, though that vendor is charging insane prices for P II 920.

How much ?

@ashu: I think the BEST purchasing time will be this april. The govt is bringing in a lot of tax cuts because they want to look good before the elections. Luckily for me, thats EXACTLY the time when I will be making my upgrade :D

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
@amitash: So, has tat UD5 reached u? and how u made the payment (ICICI bank a/c transfer)? if i dnt get a UD5 till 18th feb, i may well buy it from lynx... lets see..

Btw, ur siggy tells tat u hv Extreme, so wats up with that ?? did that blow out too ??

Nope UD5 still not reached...even lynx ppl are delaying and I am making payment via ICICI bank transfer.

My siggy tells I have extreme because I had ordered that...just today changed to UD5 and I still have to update :D

As for psu TX750 should just be enough but I think it will be safer for you to get HX1000

Btw anyone know for sure price of gtx295?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
How much ?

@ashu: I think the BEST purchasing time will be this april. The govt is bringing in a lot of tax cuts because they want to look good before the elections. Luckily for me, thats EXACTLY the time when I will be making my upgrade :D
If tats true (wich i so dearly wish, abt the tax cut) then even i'll wait for it, well i hope so (tat i wait) :D

Also, looks like u are a die hard AMD+ATi fan haan !! wat say ?? everywhere u recommend those stuff only.lolzz. :D

Im a fan of nVIDIA though :D
Nope UD5 still not reached...even lynx ppl are delaying and I am making payment via ICICI bank transfer.
Oh ok, thanx for the update.. :)
My siggy tells I have extreme because I had ordered that...just today changed to UD5 and I still have to update :D

As for psu TX750 should just be enough but I think it will be safer for you to get HX1000

Btw anyone know for sure price of gtx295?
Ooh i see..(so even the lynx ppl are delaying ur order of UD5 ??) hmm...looks like none of the dealers or online shops hv it.. :( lets see, my dealer told me to wait till 18thfeb till the stock arrives..

Yup, i'll go for HX1000 :)

The price of eVGA's gtx 280 (1GB DDR3) SSC (super super clocked) as given on theitwares.com (and i also had a talk with Rahul, the site's owner) and he quoted me the price of gtx280 SSC as Rs.22750/-

I'll go for tat one..(maybe later)... :)
------------------

Btw, Amitash... u are waiting only for ur mobo rite ?? rest ll components u hv with u ?
lynx quoted Rs.16K for the UD5...and my dealer (@$$h0**) told me Rs.21K:mad:

I wud rather buy it from lynx (but only after u hv received it) :D so tat im sure tat the mobo u are using is good.. :D
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

If tats true (wich i so dearly wish, abt the tax cut) then even i'll wait for it, well i hope so (tat i wait) :D

Also, looks like u are a die hard AMD+ATi fan haan !! wat say ?? everywhere u recommend those stuff only.lolzz. :D

Nope. I just feel that if performance is equal, I need to support AMD because they are the ones who are really DOWN in the market.

In this case, I think AMD actually performs *better* because they have the best mid range to high end gaming GPUs while their Phenom II ties with Core2 in gaming.

Personally speaking, I am mostly going to buy a 9600GT with a basic quad core because AMD has nothing in the 5.5K segment for GPUs which can challenge 9600GT.

Can there be by any chance a price cut in Core i7 965 extreme by April? I'll be upgrading in April and have no idea what I should be buying.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
Nice deal on the GTX280 there...

I obviously have all the other components with me...Otherwise i couldnt have written this review :D...Ill tell you once i get the mobo but I dont expect it anytime soon.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Can there be by any chance a price cut in Core i7 965 extreme by April? I'll be upgrading in April and have no idea what I should be buying.

WEll, tat same thing (core i7 965) is luring me to delay my purchase buddy,.. :D provided the prices really, and i mean really come down (say by 2.5K on i7 920, 5to7K on i7 945 and by 12-15K on 965) :D:D

I knw these are never believable prices, but still, if the prices are NOT down by tat amt (or anything closer to that) then i will be really sad by the budget.. :( and the tax cut by the govt.. :(

no one knows wat the prices really will be buddy, as NOT many ppl want the core i7.. :(

but still if any1 has this kinda idea then plz post it here..even i'd love to hear :D

Nice deal on the GTX280 there...

I obviously have all the other components with me...Otherwise i couldnt have written this review :D...Ill tell you once i get the mobo but I dont expect it anytime soon.
Yup, rite, but plz as soon as u hv tat UD5, do tell us here. i'll be watching this thread till that time.. :)

As, i hv finalised my system (core i7 920+UD5+gtx280+hx1000 etc..) but jus for the mobo only im kept waiting.. :)

If u get the mobo from luny (any time in future) then i'll also order it from there.. as here those dealers are charging21K for UD5 whereas lynx is at 16K...
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

^^
LOLUWUT? Amitash you don't wanna pay that much for a card that's gonna get outdated in no time. Do you? Waiting for GT3xx might be a better decision.

Last edited:
OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^GT3xx is coming out only 2 months later(If the rumurs are to be blieved)...and I dont think GTX295 is going to get outdated anytime soon...take my 3870x2 for example...Untill december last year I was able to run all games at the highest settings with atleast 8x aa (xept crysis) at 1920x1080...Only now, after a year after I bought it am I feeling its not got enough power to handle everything...The gtx295 is much more powerfull..Its Too powerfull for todays games so I might go for it and get a DX11 card Q2 next year when the games start rolling.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

nope, no idea here either.. but i guess it will be more than 25K..

Y not go for gtx280 SSC and then later wen the prices drop, u can add another in SLi (mind u, not many games as of now support SLi) and even if sum do support, there is NO significant increase in fps till u add another gtx in 3 way SLi... :)
-----------------

Cheers n e-peace...

==============

Edit: hey Amitash: see this link for gtx295, herein in post#293 (by topgear) says this...
Palit GTX 295 with 1792 MB DDR3 Rs. 34800
:)

Last edited:
OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^Well Im raelly undecided about what to do...guess I will wait a week or so before chosing a gtx295 or waitin for gt3xx...

Anyway the lynx dude told me that the gigabyte x58 extreme itself will be available this week so im getting that...so no need to change my siggy :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys Asus P6T deluxe X58 Mobo is available for Rs. 20800.

It has support for both SLI & CF.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've posted it coz asus mobos are readily available in most places but gigabyate mobos are hard to find & many people swear by asus :p

Though I know Gigabyte UD5 is the best x58 VFM mobo out there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It's already available in here :
*www.theitwares.com/motherboards/motherboards.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom