Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-Extreme:

eVGA x58

1. Ultra Durable 3 Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature

N/A

2. Supports the newest Intel® Core™ i7 processors in socket LGA1366 with QPI 6.4 GT/s

Yes

3. Revolution energy saving design with DES Advanced featuring hardware based Dynamic 6-Gear switching

N/A

4. Supports 3 channel DDR3 2100+ memory by 6 DIMMs

Support for only upto 1600Mhz

5. Scalable ability to both 3 way CrossFireX and 3 way SLI support for ultimate graphics performance

Yes

6. Advanced 12+2+2 power phase design with VRD 11.1 support

N/A

7. New Hybrid Silent-Pipe 2 design provides unequalled heat conductivity

N/A

8. Unique hardware control IC to provide more precision voltage control

Although no precision hardware is present, evga has Vdroop controll

9. 100% 50,000 hour lifespan Japanese solid capacitors design

Yes

10. Onboard Debug LED display simplifies motherboard troubleshooting

Yes

11. Patented DualBIOS with dual hardware BIOS protection

N/A

12. 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN with Teaming functionality

Yes

13. Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to create a stunning surround sound listening experience

N/A

14. Power/reset/Clr CMOS onboard button for easily operation on the workbench

Yes

15. Blu-ray playback outputs supported by high quality 106dB SNR ALC889A HD audio

N/A... Has eVGA's regular 8ch audio chip

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
thanx for the update buddy.. :)
----------

But is there any positive and CONFIRMD news abt the availability of either the UD5 or the Extreme GB's mobo ??

Here the dealer says it will arrive MAYBE by 28th of Feb... :( (but they still doubt it)

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
well even im supposed to get it before end of this month.... If its not available before the month end even i will go for evga.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Some more details: *www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2957

@amitash: Thanks for letting me know about this Mobo ;)

Did you got this mobo already?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
the mobo is NOT available still in the Indian MArket, every1's saying tat it SHUD arrive by the end of this feb month, if not then he (amitash) will go for the Evga x58 mobo.. :)
------------

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^Yup I will go for eVGA if i dont get an assured delivery from gigabyte by month end (actually I can wait longer as i cant assemble it now anyway cus of boards).... I just spoke to lynx and they said the mobo has arrived in india... I should no by tomo when it will come.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
oh i called up local Bangalore SP road shop yesterday. They told i7 with some intel Mobo pack should arrive by April and cost as 37K. that's too much LOL

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, was that core i7 a 920, 940 ??

Coz a Core i7 920 (2.66 Ghz) Will cost --------------> Rs. 15K
and a
Core i7 940 (2.93 GHz) will cost --------------------> Rs. 25K
------------

I guess, he must be telling u abt a core i7 940+any mobo combo wich will be (Rs.25K+the rest for the mobo)

PROVIDED, if the prices fall after the budget, wich is very unlikely, as in yst'day's Times of India, the Govt. will provide jus a 2-2.5% rebate on PC's, Laptops, LCDs. etc.... wich is NOT tat much... :grrr...:

^^

well, was that core i7 a 920, 940 ??

Coz a Core i7 920 (2.66 Ghz) Will cost --------------> Rs. 15K
and a
Core i7 940 (2.93 GHz) will cost --------------------> Rs. 25K
------------

I guess, he must be telling u abt a core i7 940+any mobo combo wich will be (Rs.25K+the rest for the mobo)

PROVIDED, if the prices fall after the budget, wich is very unlikely, as in yst'day's Times of India, the Govt. will provide jus a 2-2.5% rebate on PC's, Laptops, LCDs. etc.... wich is NOT tat much... :grrr...:
JUST 2-2.5% rebates ? Quite less :-x
But look at the brighter side, its still cheaper than yesterday :D

Anyway, IF i7 Motherboards really DO hit 10K, then I suppose AMD would hardly have anything to cheer about. Not with DDR3 1333 MHz prices already at Rs. 3000 for 2GB.

AMD needs to bring in 5K range 790GX AM3 CrossFireX motherboards if they want to have any chance of lasting in the higher end market.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^Amd isnt released for the high end market... a "high end" system includes the latest and fastest equipment (core i7) a mid-range or mainstream market includes components that give great performance for a great price (phenom 2).

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
JUST 2-2.5% rebates ? Quite less :-x
But look at the brighter side, its still cheaper than yesterday :D
Yup, right u are..that 2-2.5% figure really suck$ big time :evil:
lets see, the budget will be out on coming Tuesday...then the prices will be clear..:-|

===========

btw, amitash, any update on the GB mobo from lynx ? :)

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Man I'll post my config review in April here pakka, but I think that will be a Phenom II X4 instead of a Core i7. But still, will review.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ amitash : No buddy, i hv NOT purchased the Evga mobo..even me still waiting to see wats the status of the GB mobo..as i'll get the UD5 (if at all its out by march 1st week) else will go for that Evga (next week..).. :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
thank u very much vikranth... I cant seem to get in touch with him...phones always busy.

Just updating, I can get the gigabyte extreme or ud5 mobo by next friday but I just ordered the evga x58 SLI from theitwares...reasons:
1.evga can overclock the i7-920 more... that too with the eleet tool you can OC from windows as well as u can in the bios.
2.evga actually runs cooler than the extreme, even with its mamoth heatsink as it has a fan
3.Im getting a creative x-fi audio card so HD audio is not a problem
4.evga has a bios update so it can support 1800+ mhz of ram (this was the main reason i didnt want it before)
5.Evga's vdroop and voltage control system is actually better than gigabytes.
6.Evga has something in its bios called dummy OC...Just enable it and your i7-920 runs at 3.2Ghz, just by one change in bios.
5.It just looks so much more sexier.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

so wen did u order the EVGA mobo ?? today ? ?and at wat price ??
------------

Also, do u hv any plans tat wen the GB UD5 or Extreme mobo is out, u will return(sell) this Evga mobo and then go for the UD5 or Extreme ??
------------

I told u first only tat i was impressed with the Evga mobo and hence i asked u wat are the qualities tat GB support wich the EVGA lacks.....but u said u will go for GB...neways Congrats on ur purchase...
--------------

I will see by monday, if i dnt get it, im for sure 110% goin for the Evga mobo..

Btw, PLZ D/load the new BIOS update from Evga's site for tat X58 mobo, that Bios update is jus 1.5 MB ISO file, so burn it onto a CD and boot with it.. (more instructions on the Evga Site) .. :)

Here is the new bios (wich is recommended to install for the X58 mobo) ---> *www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom