My core i7-920 and MSI x58 ECLIPSE review

Status
Not open for further replies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Intel is now ready to launch another corei7 processor model in march with 1600FSB and 3.5ghz

buying intel processor is like drinking coca cola , digest very soon , frequent updating

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^source??
I doubt its true...first of all 1600fsb!?!...theres no such thing as FSB in the core i7 series...FSB died with core2, the main clock speed in core i7 is derived from baseclock*multiplier

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ damngoodman999 - Read this
*www.intel.com/products/processor/corei7/index.htm
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_3

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hey,

I was wondering whether newegg provide service in India?

I mean if your any part gets spoiled before warranty then How would you replace it?I mean would you go to united states to replace the part?Or is there any sort of service being provided by them here?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ u need to courier that part back to them in the US.only then shall u get warranty.
i'm buying it locally though prices r a bit high.

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Wow!! Price are very high as compared to outside India (I.e US)

Well I hope the price to come down.
I was even preparing Core i7 PC but the Price difference got me down.

Welll Nice review.
And congrates for Core i7.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
Core i7 920 -> 18k + taxes
MSI X58 Eclipse -> 24.5k + taxes
BOY thats xpensive...i paid a little less than that for everything including RAM
2 questions:
1.What RAM are you getting and wats the price quoted for it (Tripple channel is the way to go for core i7)
2.What cooler are you planning to use?
AND some advice:
The first thing you ought to do once you set everything up is to get into the cell menu, manually set RAM ratio and clocks AND most important of them all dont forget to change vcore and QPI voltage from auto to +[0.0]...(i actually undervolted mine to 1.8v (1.6 with vdrop)) at 3.2Ghz.....will try to get u bios pics

UPDATE:
Here they are:
*img505.imageshack.us/img505/6625/image163jz8.th.jpg

*img505.imageshack.us/img505/3900/image164di1.th.jpg

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/1775/image165yk5.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^i think you were talkin about the GFLOPs not MOPS...A dual core stands no chance in sandra against a core i7 AFAIK...i get 67Gflops

toofan

Technomancer
Congrats Man. You would be among very few Indians in India having there own i7.
Just one query Do you really need to overclock the fastest processor?:D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ Transcend 3*1GB DDR3 1066MHz each costing 2.6k
running outa cash so cudnt get Corsair which wud hav cost me 18k for Triple ch kit (1333MHz)
getting them all 2night.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^^The Low end RAM is going to hamper your overclock results quite badly as increases the baseclock increases everything from the qpi speed to the RAM speed...set your multiplier as low as possible and tell me your modified RAM speed then.

cooldude1

Broken In
I am selling these at these prices

* MSI X58 Eclipse - Rs. 23900/- (All inclusive) + Shipping
* MSI X58 Platinum - Rs. 16800/- (All inclusive) + Shipping

Also i7 920 i am sure i'll be able to give it around 17k all inclusive

vivek404

Broken In
if ur thinking of selling ur TRUE, u might consider buying a Coolermaster V8 fot that monster of a CPU. it even comes with brackets for LGA 1366 for i7 support as per the
Manufacturers' Response ---> *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom