Status
Not open for further replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
I hv got a CelD 2.66, 256mb, 80GB pc runing XP SP2. My pc doesn`t give the usual startup N shutdown sounds. This happened after installing the Autopatcher XP 4m Digit CD.
Plz help...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ashfame

Padawan
CA50 said:
I hv got a CelD 2.66, 256mb, 80GB pc runing XP SP2. My pc doesn`t give the usual startup N shutdown sounds. This happened after installing the Autopatcher XP 4m Digit CD.
Plz help...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
add them again via control panel

ashfame

Padawan
Start -> control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> sound
In program events, choose :
start windows n select the sound file u want to played
exit windows n select the sound file u want to played

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
ashfame said:
Start -> control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> sound
In program events, choose :
start windows n select the sound file u want to played
exit windows n select the sound file u want to played

TESTED ERROR--NO FRUITS:cry: :cry:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
choose "windows defualt" may be that will work... give it a try

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i749466_untitled.JPG

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
vish786 said:
choose "windows defualt" may be that will work... give it a try

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i749466_untitled.JPG

TESTED ERROR DETECTED --NO FRUITS:( :( :( :(

vish786

"The Gentleman"
CA50 said:
Simple i am not getting the startup and shutdown sounds:mad: :) :eek: :D :( :p ;) :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool: :wink: :cool: :lol: :-

check whether " windows startup.wav" and "windows shutdown.wav"

is not deleted in c:\windows\media folder.

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
prasad_den said:
Check as vish has told...!! Also try setting the sound scheme to Windows Default..!

These files are in their place. I played them too.:twisted:

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
2day I reinstalled XP and also autopatcherfeb07 updates 4m digit may07 dvd
And encountered the same pro no sound PLZ HELP

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
what exactly does this "Autopatcher XP 4m Digit CD" do? what is it for? also on the audio tab of your sound properties I take it it does show your correct playback device? did you check for an updated driver? or device manager to see that it is functioning correctly? are there any unknown devices is device manager? Wait you said you reinstalled windows, did you then install the chipset driver, then the audio driver? how old is the computer and and is it a laptop?, does your keyboard have a volume control/mute on it?

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Liggy said:
what exactly does this "Autopatcher XP 4m Digit CD" do? what is it for? also on the audio tab of your sound properties I take it it does show your correct playback device? did you check for an updated driver? or device manager to see that it is functioning correctly? are there any unknown devices is device manager? Wait you said you reinstalled windows, did you then install the chipset driver, then the audio driver? how old is the computer and and is it a laptop?, does your keyboard have a volume control/mute on it?

SO many Qs! Autopatcher xp updates win xp and removes its security problems, bugs etc. After installing XP i installed all the drivers 4 my mobo (the latesty 4 my mobo 4m its website) My pc is 5 yrs old and it doesn`t hv any volume control/mute on the keyboard. See it is a complex prob. All the sounds except the startup and shutdown sound are working normally. I am waiting 4 ur solution...;) ;) ;)

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
stupid question here but you did get all you MS updates, I remember a update going out not to long ago that fixes certain audio problems... if you change the startup/shutdown music to a different file same thing (no sound)? Your computer is possessed....:twisted:

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Liggy said:
stupid question here but you did get all you MS updates, I remember a update going out not to long ago that fixes certain audio problems... if you change the startup/shutdown music to a different file same thing (no sound)? Your computer is possessed....:twisted:

sorry 2 say i didn`t get 2 the point plz xplain the thing :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom