MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
There is a new review for MSI GP60 Leopard 010 in 'Notebookcheck'. If this laptop will be released at around 50K without OS, it would have been great.......This model is available in US at around $850 in NEWEGG and XOTICPC with OS and 2 years warranty.

Model here is with Nvidia 700 series, it's EOL now. Models to be released in India will be up par with international standards of release. Unlike other competitors who still offer 1 or 2 generations back, MSI will only offer the latest ones.

Please wait for the official release as BIS is in its final stages now. We will announce the final product line up and prices thereafter.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I've heard worse ideas than this from MBA grads even from upper tier colleges, usually associating a product with some celebrity. Some ads work in some parts of the continent, some doesn't. Some make some ads for the lulz. Having an ad that displays your main MSI-oriented features and then talking about z-axis height has better impact over genuine customers.

Just to give an idea, most part of this ad is more helpful.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Are you guys planning to launch anything in the 50k range? or just 70k+?

Yes, just keep us posted as re-launching is not an easy task, we have a lot of issues to take care of.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard worse ideas than this from MBA grads even from upper tier colleges, usually associating a product with some celebrity. Some ads work in some parts of the continent, some doesn't. Some make some ads for the lulz. Having an ad that displays your main MSI-oriented features and then talking about z-axis height has better impact over genuine customers.

Just to give an idea, most part of this ad is more helpful.

MKT is not easy as the world now is so much engulfed with so many ads everywhere. Honestly speaking, laptops are not very new devices and thinking of a better ad is next to impossible. MSI has a video somewhat the same as the link provided. For more MSI videos, please check our official Youtube page MSI Dragon Army - YouTube

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ rhyansy

Hey Buddy... I am looking for ASUS UX301LA or UX302 Ultrabook... Can you please tell me what is the exact configuration and approx.Price for both (for Indian Market)..?

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ohh..sorry.... My bad.... lolz....:banghead::banghead:
Neways.... since I am embarassed now.. lolz.... It's better if u guys can suggest me Ultrabook from MSi...
I am on a Survey Spree right now before I make a buying decision in the next 2 months...

edit: Btw guys...any idea for the same i.e. for ASUS UX301LA or UX302 Ultrabook

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
rhyansy is from MSI not Asus lol.

Haha! This just say something about Taiwanese brands. BUT please take remember that MSI is the real gaming brand for laptops. In other aspects, you can count on Asus.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh..sorry.... My bad.... lolz....:banghead::banghead:
Neways.... since I am embarassed now.. lolz.... It's better if u guys can suggest me Ultrabook from MSi...
I am on a Survey Spree right now before I make a buying decision in the next 2 months...

edit: Btw guys...any idea for the same i.e. for ASUS UX301LA or UX302 Ultrabook

It's alright. With the relaunching of MSI in India, our new slim gaming might be your choice, the GS60 Ghost Pro and Ghost.
As BIS issues in the final stages, we are optimistic to bring our best in India soon.

For more info about the neat offering, check on Linus Tech for most objective review.

- - - Updated - - -

Eagerly awaiting the launch of the models with pricing. [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION], please update the thread when you have more details :)

Please be patient everyone, will make a BIG BIG BIG announcement once everything is confirmed. Thank you for the support!

gsk

Right off the assembly line
Date HS Code Description Origin Country Port of Discharge Unit Quantity Value (INR) Per Unit (INR)
18-Jul-2013 84713010 LAPTOP MSI GE60-I7 KILLERNET South Korea Banglore Air Cargo NOS 1 108,869 108,869

source: *www.zauba.com/import-msi-ge-60-hs-code.html

gsk

Date HS Code Description Country Port of Discharge Unit Quantity Value (INR) Per Unit (INR)
18-Jul-2013 84713010 LAPTOP MSI GE60-I7 KILLERNET South Korea Banglore Air Cargo NOS 1 108,869 108,869

jainsunil091983@gmail.com

New to this forum
Appreciate your rough calculations. You forgot to add the warranty inclusion of about US$150 Amazon is charging for 2 year warranty. India models will include 1 year international and 1 year local warranty.

Guys this is Sunil from Mrig Technologies Pvt Ltd and the representative of MSI in India. Request you all to add 10% transportation charges and 14% Vat because MRP inclusive of vat. 20 % operating cost and etc.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Guys this is Sunil from Mrig Technologies Pvt Ltd and the representative of MSI in India. Request you all to add 10% transportation charges and 14% Vat because MRP inclusive of vat. 20 % operating cost and etc.

Feel free to contact with Sunil. He's legit from Mrig Technologies, MSI's partner in India.

TheGUNNER

Broken In
Feel free to contact with Sunil. He's legit from Mrig Technologies, MSI's partner in India.

a question to both, if I buy from USA (my relatives coming in a few months), some model which is released in India, will I get warranty from MSI in india?

thanks.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

UPDATE : Announcing that the EST July re-launching of MSI Notebooks will be delayed to August, 2014 because of unresolved matters regarding BIS certification. It has been going very slow and out of our control. Thank you for understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

a question to both, if I buy from USA (my relatives coming in a few months), some model which is released in India, will I get warranty from MSI in india?

thanks.

Yes, our authorized service partner in India, Aforeserve.com, will be able to serve RMA but with charge. Thank you for understanding that different countries have different contracts with third party service partners.

TheGUNNER

Broken In
UPDATE : Announcing that the EST July re-launching of MSI Notebooks will be delayed to August, 2014 because of unresolved matters regarding BIS certification. It has been going very slow and out of our control. Thank you for understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, our authorized service partner in India, Aforeserve.com, will be able to serve RMA but with charge. Thank you for understanding that different countries have different contracts with third party service partners.

thats too bad, if I have warranty I should be allowed to claim it for free.
Also I had a chat with Lenovo, they are saying they will provide free service for a laptop which though bought in USA has been released in India.

paragshinde

An extension of TheGUNNER's question......
Will I get warranty support for MSI model not to be released India like (GT70/GT60). If yes, who will provide it? and contact of the service provider so I can get the cost structure beore making the purchase?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

thats too bad, if I have warranty I should be allowed to claim it for free.
Also I had a chat with Lenovo, they are saying they will provide free service for a laptop which though bought in USA has been released in India.

As we are just relauching again in India, the fact that there is no service center set-up prior to this, buying from USA was a risk itself.
We suggest you buy locally products that will be made available to avoid such hassle and problem.

Unless this model is not to be released in India, you can still contact our official distributors mentioned above (Mrig Technologies and Acro Engineering) for special order.

- - - Updated - - -

An extension of TheGUNNER's question......
Will I get warranty support for MSI model not to be released India like (GT70/GT60). If yes, who will provide it? and contact of the service provider so I can get the cost structure beore making the purchase?

To avoid all these hassles, we suggest to contact our Indian partners (Mrig and Acro) for special order of models not released in India.
All after service will be done thru our official service partner, Aforeserve.com.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone, please be patient for the release of instructions, products, prices, after service procedures. Once BIS certification is completed, we will start with the campaign.

Top Bottom