MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Let's not deviate from Thread's topic.
Sometimes parts are not available/international warranty isn't covered properly by some companies so that's just abt it:)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Just on a side note, if anyone ever decides to get the GTX 860m then he should know that it can be safely overclocked upto GTX 780m level of performance without much rise in temperature. This is why Maxwell is awesome!

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
Great news!!! MSI Gaming NBs will also be available with Acro Engineering! As for BIS status, it is right now in India testing phase. It's also disappointing in our part as it is taking so long...

Welcome to Acro Engineering

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Great news!!! MSI Gaming NBs will also be available with Acro Engineering! As for BIS status, it is right now in India testing phase. It's also disappointing in our part as it is taking so long...

Welcome to Acro Engineering

what time-frame for launch are we looking at rhyansy?:)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ it would be great if two or more online shops (flipkart AND Snapdeal/Amazon) are included for initial launch as sometimes flipkart refuses to deliver in certain areas.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
We're looking at July EST for launching if everything went smoothly. Will go for online shops first for availability (Flipkart / Snapdeal)

erm..EST?:-?

I'd take it as mid July then:)

Asus has launched the G56JR and it is competitively priced with freebies too.
can you pls shed some light on MSI's pricing again with latest updates?
pls:-D (PM?)

Last edited:

neelsama

Broken In
hey any update on launch date or price?
Actually I am in dilemma right now as I will be leaving for germany in August for my masters and my old dell inspiron is almost dead.. :p
Anyway I need to purchase a laptop ASAP and budget 75 K.
Other wise I have to go for either Dell 3537 i7 variant or Y510P i5 ( not a fan of Lenovo at all)!!

So guys please suggest.

@[rhyansy] will you honour international warranty in Germany if I buy it from India?

neelsama

Broken In
Hey thx for your reply.

Actually as my old lappy is as good as dead I have no option other than to buy one immediately for my pending assignments and work. I still have more than two months left for Germany.

Also there are some problem with money transfer as for students I have to create a blocked account there and deposit 8040 euro only there and can withdraw 670 euro per month. Making other bank account and then making deposit is cumbersome as per EU regulations.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

^ it would be great if two or more online shops (flipkart AND Snapdeal/Amazon) are included for initial launch as sometimes flipkart refuses to deliver in certain areas.

Yes, we will expand gradually. Hope you can understand that relaunching is not easy...

- - - Updated - - -

erm..EST?:-?

I'd take it as mid July then:)

Asus has launched the G56JR and it is competitively priced with freebies too.
can you pls shed some light on MSI's pricing again with latest updates?
pls:-D (PM?)

We will provide further updates as soon as government has approved the BIS certification which has been taking so much time...

- - - Updated - - -

hey any update on launch date or price?
Actually I am in dilemma right now as I will be leaving for germany in August for my masters and my old dell inspiron is almost dead.. :p
Anyway I need to purchase a laptop ASAP and budget 75 K.
Other wise I have to go for either Dell 3537 i7 variant or Y510P i5 ( not a fan of Lenovo at all)!!

So guys please suggest.

@[rhyansy] will you honour international warranty in Germany if I buy it from India?

Please buy in Germany, that IT channel there is much more organized and service is better.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
To lighten up the thread, here is a teaser from MSI, slim and sexy...

I think you should revise your Advertising standards because here in India your this teaser won't work!
People like frank advertising with sober design!
& comparing the girl !

Gosh you should hire MBA marketing from Indian B-Schools

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^+1, if this is nearly a gaming laptop, show off the prowess in appropriate manner, gamers dont give a shite about slim and sexy, they care about the stuff under the hood.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Slim and Sexy are attractive for "OMG you got an iPhone, which android version it runs on" type of customers. For serious techies and gamers at least please elaborate the specifications.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

any updates on launching date or price ?

Will update as soon as we can..sorry for the delays...

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should revise your Advertising standards because here in India your this teaser won't work!
People like frank advertising with sober design!
& comparing the girl !

Gosh you should hire MBA marketing from Indian B-Schools

Sorry about this...our HQ has released this teaser already. We will take note and improve in the future. Thank you so much for the honest reply.

ARP

Broken In
There is a new review for MSI GP60 Leopard 010 in 'Notebookcheck'. If this laptop will be released at around 50K without OS, it would have been great.......This model is available in US at around $850 in NEWEGG and XOTICPC with OS and 2 years warranty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom