MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
What's the price?

GE60 1LP+ (though I still have hope that it'll fall down after initial launch but then again :( )
highly disappointed..all for that single fan version?

Also, chkout P34G V2 (CF2) now I would recommend this to anyone going in for $1400-$1700 USD AND for those who can import/buy it directly from abroad (heard somebody praising #lowyat in KL,malaysia :D )

Last edited:
OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
only if MSI could revise/rethink/redo their price range it'd really be a "top choice"..
moving on>>

Well, worldwide if talking about gaming laptops, MSI is already one of the best.
Here's a link to PC Mag's top 10 gaming laptops, and only MSI gaming laptops have 4 on the list!

The 10 Best Gaming Laptops | PCMag.com

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10447748_285292764976817_5315724388159371892_n.jpg

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well, worldwide if talking about gaming laptops, MSI is already one of the best.
Here's a link to PC Mag's top 10 gaming laptops, and only MSI gaming laptops have 4 on the list!

The 10 Best Gaming Laptops | PCMag.com

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10447748_285292764976817_5315724388159371892_n.jpg

I don't think he is doubting MSI laptops' performance but instead MSI laptops' price and that too only in India.

PS:I am still buying the next iteration of MSI GS 60 ghost pro. :))

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Reading so much buzz about the MSi's Ghost/Ghost Pro series... I just couldn't hide my queries...So here it goes..

1.) Which is better ?(Ghost or GhostPro),
2.) Rough/Tentative Tech Specs (for both, if possible),
3.) Approximate Price in INR incl. approx.Tax(es) (although it has not yet been launched).

Cheers n e-peace....

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
I don't think he is doubting MSI laptops' performance but instead MSI laptops' price and that too only in India.

PS:I am still buying the next iteration of MSI GS 60 ghost pro. :))

:|

ditto. It's not the performance I am comparing/saying abt..it's the friggin indian launch price:-x

I had my eyes set on GS60 but seeing/knowing the launch price of a GE40.. my dream went *puft*:-(

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]
reg. GE40:
it's not the perf. but temps(current/future OC'ing potential depends heavily on single/dual fan & board's design (yes i consider it as a viable factor:-D )) vs launch price factor.

perf is in no way a deal breaker. period. :)

I have quite a few friends in th/my who are pro gamers and they too had advised me to go eyes closed for an MSI notebook but that was a GS60 :(

Last edited:
OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Reading so much buzz about the MSi's Ghost/Ghost Pro series... I just couldn't hide my queries...So here it goes..

1.) Which is better ?(Ghost or GhostPro),
2.) Rough/Tentative Tech Specs (for both, if possible),
3.) Approximate Price in INR incl. approx.Tax(es) (although it has not yet been launched).

Cheers n e-peace....

Here goes a quick info bites of GS60:
(1-2) Ghost Pro is better than Ghost --> Biggest difference in naming is the graphic cards suited in. Ghost Pro has GTX870M and Ghost has GTX860M/GTX850M

For more technical info : Ghost Pro (MSI Dragon Army Site | Gaming Motherboard, Notebook, Graphics card, AIO) and Ghost (MSI Dragon Army Site | Gaming Motherboard, Notebook, Graphics card, AIO)

(3) Pricing in India will be announced once everything is settled. Please stay tuned..

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]
reg. GE40:
it's not the perf. but temps(current/future OC'ing potential depends heavily on single/dual fan & board's design (yes i consider it as a viable factor:-D )) vs launch price factor.

perf is in no way a deal breaker. period. :)

I have quite a few friends in th/my who are pro gamers and they too had advised me to go eyes closed for an MSI notebook but that was a GS60 :(

Actually, if you compare GS60 with their peers of slim gaming notebook group, it's quite reasonable for something of an engineering marvel. Of the bunch, GS60 has the lowest price for similar specification. (the group includes a small elite brands of MSI, Razer, Aorus)

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Here goes a quick info bites of GS60:
(1-2) Ghost Pro is better than Ghost --> Biggest difference in naming is the graphic cards suited in. Ghost Pro has GTX870M and Ghost has GTX860M/GTX850M

For more technical info : Ghost Pro (MSI Dragon Army Site | Gaming Motherboard, Notebook, Graphics card, AIO) and Ghost (MSI Dragon Army Site | Gaming Motherboard, Notebook, Graphics card, AIO)

(3) Pricing in India will be announced once everything is settled. Please stay tuned..

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, if you compare GS60 with their peers of slim gaming notebook group, it's quite reasonable for something of an engineering marvel. Of the bunch, GS60 has the lowest price for similar specification. (the group includes a small elite brands of MSI, Razer, Aorus)

that is true..GS60 does performs well but I am sure it'd out of my budget even after 1-2months after launch

vineetpratik

Broken In
Y50 already been launched at an aggressive pricing, MSI needs to come out sooner if it has to provide us a serious alternative , we are already waiting for a long time ..

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

ditto.
sooner..? yes.
change in pricing required..? yes. yes.

Of course! Lenovo is only offering ONE model in their packaged entertainment series under gaming. MSI will provide the better range as this is our comparative advantage in this segment. Gaming Laptops = MSI Gaming.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Of course! Lenovo is only offering ONE model in their packaged entertainment series under gaming. MSI will provide the better range as this is our comparative advantage in this segment. Gaming Laptops = MSI Gaming.

The Q. Is when???
We are eagerly waiting for it!
Specifically liked the GE60 and if it launches for 80-90 k it's definitely a steal!

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Dream on......
You can get core i5M+GTX 840m at 60k.

That is the dream, but GS60 will be over 90k. It's a gaming laptop in an ultrabook body! Stay tuned next week, we will have a BIG announcement coming.

paragshinde

Right off the assembly line
That is the dream, but GS60 will be over 90k. It's a gaming laptop in an ultrabook body! Stay tuned next week, we will have a BIG announcement coming.

Next week, Does that mean the process with authorities is complete?
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION], please provide clarification on warranty? will we get 2 years India warranty or standard 1 year global.
(I m considering importing GT70 Dominator - 895 which has 1 year global warranty. Is it possible to get conversion to 2 year India warranty like u get 2 year warranty in US. Or can i get warranty extension)

U mentioned above Mrig and Acro can help getting these models. Please provide contacts as i cannot find their websites.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Next week, Does that mean the process with authorities is complete?
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION], please provide clarification on warranty? will we get 2 years India warranty or standard 1 year global.
(I m considering importing GT70 Dominator - 895 which has 1 year global warranty. Is it possible to get conversion to 2 year India warranty like u get 2 year warranty in US. Or can i get warranty extension)

U mentioned above Mrig and Acro can help getting these models. Please provide contacts as i cannot find their websites.

Please wait for the announcement next week together with where to buy.

As for international warranty claims, please read the thread for some explanations. To put it simply, no international warranty can be claimed in India because of our contract with the third party service partner. Warranty cannot be converted or extended either in India for something bought elsewhere.

Top Bottom