MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

vineetpratik

Broken In
what could be expected price of 15.6 inch msi laptop with i7+gtx 850 or gtx 860 base model(most basic configuration).
need to know it to decide whether i should wait for MSI/y50 or not ,coz i need a lappy in first week of june.
can we expect any gaming laptop in y510p price range.?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
what could be expected price of 15.6 inch msi laptop with i7+gtx 850 or gtx 860 base model(most basic configuration).
need to know it to decide whether i should wait for MSI/y50 or not ,coz i need a lappy in first week of june.
can we expect any gaming laptop in y510p price range.?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, prices will be relative to worldwide prices (take into consideration Indian taxes, shipping cost, warranty) Final pricing is not yet out because of BIS certification still pending and will be released once it's settled.

If basing on US prices which have 0% import taxes and 12% VAT and no warranty included (India will have 1 year included).

Hope you can make a decision not basing everything with price but also the value of the gaming laptop or whatever you will purchase. Hope you understand what i mean.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Let's play the predication game.

MSI GE 60 with GTX 850m
US price=1200$.
Raw Indian price=72k
Adding ~16.85% import duties.
Importing final price=84132.
Adding 5k for BIS BS+Vat etc so
Actual Final Price: ~90,000

MSI GE 60 Pro with GTX 860m.
This should cost 5k more.

MSI GS60 Ghost
US price:1700$
Raw Indian price:1,02,000
After Import duties:1,19,187
BS BIS=8k more
Actual Final Price: ~1,28,000

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro with GTX 870m.
This should cost 10k more.
~1,40,000

Expecting the price of GT 70 Dominator Pro with core i7 4700MQ+GTX 880m to be equal to Ghost Pro ~1,40,000.

I am really hoping that my prediction will be false and at least the GE 60 falls below 80k.

PS:I don't know the exact value of import duties but I believe it to be somewhere in the late 20s. Also I think VAT here is more than in US.
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] if my prediction post offends MSI AND/OR seems unnecessary AND/OR deviates from the actual launch price by a big margin then I will remove the post as soon as you say the word.

Last edited:

vineetpratik

Broken In
www.labnol.org/india/custom-import-duties/19306/

it states Laptop 16.85% , but dont know whether its reliable source or not.

i understand its this heavy tax that makes things costly in india.

anyways hope that bis certification is cleared out asap. as in may engg entrance exms end and in july aspirants starts seeking admission in colleges , and many gamers among them would be searching for right choices. (includes me too) :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
www.labnol.org/india/custom-import-duties/19306/

it states Laptop 16.85% , but dont know whether its reliable source or not.

i understand its this heavy tax that makes things costly in india.

anyways hope that bis certification is cleared out asap. as in may engg entrance exms end and in july aspirants starts seeking admission in colleges , and many gamers among them would be searching for right choices. (includes me too) :p

edited.

Got admission anywhere yet? :))

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
Let's play the predication game.

MSI GE 60 with GTX 850m
US price=1200$.
Raw Indian price=72k
Adding ~16.85% import duties.
Importing final price=84132.
Adding 5k for BIS BS+Vat etc so
Actual Final Price: ~90,000

MSI GE 60 Pro with GTX 860m.
This should cost 5k more.

MSI GS60 Ghost
US price:1700$
Raw Indian price:1,02,000
After Import duties:1,19,187
BS BIS=8k more
Actual Final Price: ~1,28,000

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro with GTX 870m.
This should cost 10k more.
~1,40,000

Expecting the price of GT 70 Dominator Pro with core i7 4700MQ+GTX 880m to be equal to Ghost Pro ~1,40,000.

I am really hoping that my prediction will be false and at least the GE 60 falls below 80k.

PS:I don't know the exact value of import duties but I believe it to be somewhere in the late 20s. Also I think VAT here is more than in US.
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] if my prediction post offends MSI AND/OR seems unnecessary AND/OR deviates from the actual launch price by a big margin then I will remove the post as soon as you say the word.

Appreciate your rough calculations. You forgot to add the warranty inclusion of about US$150 Amazon is charging for 2 year warranty. India models will include 1 year international and 1 year local warranty.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
bumpty..bump :|

May's coming to an end
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] time to rise 'n shine :-D

humble req.: jst don't let your lowest model for launch go over 75k INR because that would be a real competitor to y510p..you know what i mean?:)

Update:
hmm...75k INR should be good enough for an MSI GTX 8xx 2GB variant but
if it's a 4GB variant and under 79.99k INR:-D am game.

Last edited:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Will MSI provide service in india for laptops bought from outside india? eg USA (locallly or from website)

it's already been answered..somewhere in the forums by Rhyansy.

Yes, the laptop can be serviced in India (by MSI's authorized partner) but for a price if it's not a desi purchase:-D

All MSI laptop(s) purchased within India will get standard warranty just like in US but it's just that those purchased in India can be serviced for free in US if under warranty but that's not valid for the opposite..

TheGUNNER

Broken In
then its not worth it, because if any damage it would cost min of rs 5000 to repair it.
I had a chat with lenovo rep, he said servicing and warranty extension is both valid in india if bought in usa.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
then its not worth it, because if any damage it would cost min of rs 5000 to repair it.
I had a chat with lenovo rep, he said servicing and warranty extension is both valid in india if bought in usa.

yes and yes.

But be advised: I wouldn't trust much on *any* company's cust. rep. for International warranty matters better if you check it specifically for a particular lenovo model from their International warranty Check page.

Moreover there is absolutely no guarantee that a particular part no. is available in India of the model is brought in from US.
So, better confirm them first; I too was/am tempted but let's see..

Top Bottom