MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
And no,I was expecting no warranty from MSI, since it's based on barebones the warranty lies with the custom laptop manufacturer. I only hoped that MSI would service it at least at a price..

If there should be issues, please bring it to SmartLink, the ASP of MSI in India. They will service you for a fee as you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

The only minus I thought were that, when I tried to open the monitor the wiring were not properly arranged, lots of loose cables not properly placed, but for normal use that never had any problem. I stumbled upon this when I was exploring the device.

I would 100% back you to go for Msi. Never needed a servicing till date.
When i bought the MSI I was too concerned about servicing and stuff and took a gamble and have not regretted yet. Also there are few outsourced servicing centers in India but not so widespread.

Thank you for the positive comments. MSI laptops, especially our gaming laptops are built for quality and worldwide RMA issues are really minimal, almost non-existent. So rest assured that our products can be maximized with its ideal lifespan (3-4 years) without any issues.
BTW, we don't really recommend experimenting on the laptop. Exploring the inside of the device is not something users should be doing. You know what i mean.

- - - Updated - - -

After BIS certification is approved, I will share the model list here for reference. As of now, the product range intended for release should cover all the price range of MSI gaming laptops. So don't worry! We hope every Indian gamer will have their preference served!

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

rhyansy what will be your products start price range?
Will you offer customization ?

Sorry for late reply, it seems for the past few days im not receiving the notifications from the forum. as mentioned earlier in the forum, customization will be in the form of a bigger product range with different prices for everyone's needs. As of now, certain to be released is GT70 series, GE60 series and GP60 series!

That's right, GP60 has been added to the re-launching models!

- - - Updated - - -

If the laptops are launched , can we expect more service centres in India? I would love to own a GE60.

We will take note of all these concerns once re-launching is certain, hopefully BIS certification will not delay us any longer.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Sorry for late reply, it seems for the past few days im not receiving the notifications from the forum. as mentioned earlier in the forum, customization will be in the form of a bigger product range with different prices for everyone's needs. As of now, certain to be released is GT70 series, GE60 series and GP60 series!

That's right, GP60 has been added to the re-launching models!

- - - Updated - - -

We will take note of all these concerns once re-launching is certain, hopefully BIS certification will not delay us any longer.
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION],

I've been looking around to get an MSI GT60 2OC (- 022US) from US. Since you're here I got some queries:-D:

- GT70/GP60/GE60 will be launched but is there credible info regarding launching of GT60 series?
- if launched how much $ range are we looking into? :-D my max budget is $1200 ~$100 +/-

- granted the BIS is all BS:-D but can you pls tell us more abt the launching models/dates/approx price range in INR etc via PM? :-D

oh if there's an online pre-order form i can do that stuff right away; I would've done that for ebay/amazon.com too but the import duties and any damage done is only what's stopping me from doing so :-?

am just raring to get my hands on a gaming machine; if you guys can deliver it before end of july..I can wait to be the first MSI India re-launch customer. If you have any contact details worthy of mentioning here/PM? pls do it :-D *garfield stare [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]*

Last edited:
OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION],

I've been looking around to get an MSI GT60 2OC (- 022US) from US. Since you're here I got some queries:-D:

- GT70/GP60/GE60 will be launched but is there credible info regarding launching of GT60 series?
- if launched how much $ range are we looking into? :-D my max budget is $1200 ~$100 +/-

- granted the BIS is all BS:-D but can you pls tell us more abt the launching models/dates/approx price range in INR etc via PM? :-D

oh if there's an online pre-order form i can do that stuff right away; I would've done that for ebay/amazon.com too but the import duties and any damage done is only what's stopping me from doing so :-?

am just raring to get my hands on a gaming machine; if you guys can deliver it before end of july..I can wait to be the first MSI India re-launch customer. If you have any contact details worthy of mentioning here/PM? pls do it :-D *garfield stare [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]*

(1) GT series will eventually follow but for now, GT70 is the initial relaunching model. (only screen size difference)
(2) If without delay, MSI re-launching will happen in June.
(3) As for price range, please take note of taxes, shipping costs, and warranty inclusion, many US online retailers don't offer the last one. Buying locally is still better than importing oneself.
(4) Just PM me or like our FB page for updated info: *www.facebook.com/MsiIndiaClub

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
(1) GT series will eventually follow but for now, GT70 is the initial relaunching model. (only screen size difference)
(3) As for price range, please take note of taxes, shipping costs, and warranty inclusion, many US online retailers don't offer the last one. Buying locally is still better than importing oneself.
(4) Just PM me or like our FB page for updated info: *www.facebook.com/MsiIndiaClub

that. was. fast.

PM'ed :)

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

I too have same budget!
Hope you release laptops with a competitive price range!!!

Pmed you

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] Hold your horses, my laptop still dishes out 5.2k 3D Mark 11 score.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Feel free to ask me anything regarding MSI's gaming notebooks re-launching in India. For shy people, you're welcome to PM me too!

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Still in BIS application stage, most optimistic time schedule for re-launching will be on June if all things fall in to place.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Hi there everyone! Some update regarding MSI laptop relaunching in India second half of 2014.

Great news: GS60 will be included! Whoever is interested in pre-ordering, please PM me your details so that I can forward it to Mrig Technologies, our new MSI gaming laptop partner in India.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Hi there everyone! Some update regarding MSI laptop relaunching in India second half of 2014.

Great news: GS60 will be included! Whoever is interested in pre-ordering, please PM me your details so that I can forward it to Mrig Technologies, our new MSI gaming laptop partner in India.

PM'ed :-D

sMACiya

New to this forum

What is the situation now ? Are you guys cleared with those BSI norms ? When can we expect GS60 Ghost ? I'm interested in the Pro model with 870M (1080p)

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

What is the situation now ? Are you guys cleared with those BSI norms ? When can we expect GS60 Ghost ? I'm interested in the Pro model with 870M (1080p)

BIS application is still pending...I wish this did not exist so we can offer at once...
As for GS60 configuration I will update it later on for the full spec, but it's sure to have GTX870M and GTX860M, same with what's being offered in US and other countries.

Top Bottom