Mr. Robot: An ongoing cyberpunk–thriller drama television series

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Following post may contain mild spoiler for the Episode 10 of Mr Robot...

Wow man. I was finally able to rewatch pending 3 episodes, before watching the series finale. The finale episode lost it's technical side, but remember tech was just a tool in the show while the actual story was more about the economy of America and also the psychology of the main protagonist, the hacker, who lead the hacks.
Also remember they already finished planning whatever they had to plan till ninth episode. So this finale was only about the aftermath of the final attack, aka The Execution.

The show assumed that the final attack went through smoothly and continued to tell the story of Elliott, who supposedly had another amnesia attack.

There's nothing supernatural about the show, although one scene where Elliott was talking to the wife of Tyrell, gave me a little scare. Her eyes had some kind of hypnotizing effect. She looked like she was trying to mesmerize Elliott. But she was only fooling herself as Elliott proved too smart not to fall for her fishing attack.

The end, the after credit scene, lay the premise of second season, and I think it's very open ended to whatever would come ahead. My geeky mind thinks that Mr Robot would be going to become no less than a hero, while the evil people of Evil Corp tries to ruin the city through economics. (Remember his dialogue from the conclusion of previous episode? "I just want to save the world").

Damn, this show have potential given a good script. I would be waiting for next season for whatever the hell happened to Tyrell, as he was too important a character to just disappear from the show. (I do think the person who knocked the door in the end was Tyrell.)

Now I need sleep ...

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
You are the first guy here with positive review of finale... :)

I actually goes with [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] where they missed lots of things.. and created new bigger twist.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
-> Eliot slowly turns into an antihero or a villain by the end of the series because of his hallucinations
-> Tyrel slowly turns into a protagonist after he realises his sexy sexy wife was manipulating him

If the show's creators manage to pull this off, id be impressed as fook

Hrishi

The biggest possibility is that the Data is still intact with the Red Dragon's army and they are plotting a huge thing on the map. Elliot is just a part of the game.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And that quote ... that quote in the end.. with that tempo of the music... damn..

Is any of it real? I mean, look at this. Look at it! A world built on fantasy. Synthetic emotions in the form of pills. Psychological warfare in the form of advertising. Mind-altering chemicals in the form of... food! Brainwashing seminars in the form of media. Controlled isolated bubbles in the form of social networks. Real? You want to talk about reality? We haven't lived in anything remotely close to it since the turn of the century. We turned it off, took out the batteries, snacked on a bag of GMOs while we tossed the remnants in the ever-expanding Dumpster of the human condition. We live in branded houses trademarked by corporations built on bipolar numbers jumping up and down on digital displays, hypnotizing us into the biggest slumber mankind has ever seen. You have to dig pretty deep, kiddo, before you can find anything real. We live in a kingdom of bulls**t, a kingdom you've lived in for far too long. So don't tell me about not being real.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Esmail talks to Reddit guys about how was the series. *www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/3jjeat/so_what_did_you_think/

I think lots of people liked he finale. As someone rightly said in some comment, not every season have to end in a Grand way.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's what I realized today when in the midst of some work at my job, I suddenly happen to remember it.

And then I googled, and first video in the result was:

Hrishi

In the first few episodes it displays a very real picture of what the world looks from the perspective of an anti-social Geek. A good geek.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
For those looking for soundtrack, well it's not officially released yet, but some videos on this playlist have a good collection:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJ-VcvDR6A&list=RD4CJ-VcvDR6A&index=1

newprouser

Right off the assembly line
Got hooked to this show the moment they showed using super su instead of typing random words to hack into computers! I never understood the role\purpose of tyrell's wife and her veiled threat to tyrell, can anyone enlighten me?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Got hooked to this show the moment they showed using super su instead of typing random words to hack into computers! I never understood the role\purpose of tyrell's wife and her veiled threat to tyrell, can anyone enlighten me?
Same here. Not a clue about that whole subplot.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The lady was manipulating Tyrell this whole time. You can say her wife was the reason why Tyrell was so obsessed with getting power in the form of position as CEO.
Will post in detail later.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lust for power and money.. what else.

Exactly. It was revealed slowly that as much as Tyrell Wellick was hungry for power, her wife Joanna Wellick was more of a driving factor behind it.

Spoilers from here:
When Tyrell was unable to intimidate Sharon Knowles (at the dinner party) she mocked Tyrell. After some detectives came to investigate Tyrell about Sharon, Joanna distracts them by breaking her water (she was pregnant) using a fork (very risky thing to do). When he was fired from E Corp, Joanna says Tyrell that he is not welcome in her life unless he fixes it.
In the very end episode, Joanna literally threatens Elliot saying "If you have done something to him (Tyrell), I’ll kill you". But she says that in Danish, which Elliot didn't understand.

All of this tells that Joanna is more than what meets our eyes.

And you joined just to make comment here.. !

That's the power of this show! :D

Top Bottom