Mr. Robot: An ongoing cyberpunk–thriller drama television series

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, Ricky its hard to find such good shows. It's going to be a classic down the line. And that frame (with the man with glasses) was really hard to find. It's just one frame! But yes, this does seems to foreshadow arrival of a new character.
[MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION]: It would be helpful if you can get together some names of Animes in similar genre as Mr Robot.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, Ricky its hard to find such good shows. It's going to be a classic down the line. And that frame (with the man with glasses) was really hard to find. It's just one frame! But yes, this does seems to foreshadow arrival of a new character.
[MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION]: It would be helpful if you can get together some names of Animes in similar genre as Mr Robot.

It could be that Elliot is not Elliot at all ie. the face we see, btw online discussion about that fame says its SAM ISMAIL , just goof up for audience..

- - - Updated - - -

No but i was expecting the 10% to be at-least 50%. I'll stick to watching anime. Japanese knows its target audience properly.

Exactly.. Mr. Robot has different kind of audience.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
has there ever been a cyberpunk TV Show besides this ? I Think the rarity of this genre is the reason why Mr Robot feels so awesoe

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
has there ever been a cyberpunk TV Show besides this ? I Think the rarity of this genre is the reason why Mr Robot feels so awesoe
^ this.

There aren't anime that are similar to Mr. Robot but the point is that anime are much more focused on topic like Ghost in the Shell or even Steins Gate. And Steins Gate is fully logical and reasonable

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh I loved Steins;Gate and it's one of my favourite anime.
And yes there haven't been much cyber punk t.v. shows. Only animated ones code comes in mind. Like Johnny Quest, which was amazing.

But Mr Robot is just one of its kind.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So after seeing all the praise, I gave it a shot to complete it all from where I left, and I must say, I don't regret.

Ep 8 owned'em all.

PS: I must also say that I got to learn many things from this show about cyber security. It might be trivial or already known to some of you, but for me anything I learn is important. For eg, I learned what a honeypot is from ep 8. I pause all the screens and read all the code even if it sometimes doesn't make any sense. :)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Omg. I am yet to pause all the code screens and understand all of them deeply.
I have left that to second viewing which I will do this weekend for all the episodes, before the finale of next week.

- - - Updated - - -

A good analysis of Mr Robot's portrayal of mostly accurate way of hacks.
Mr. Robot - GeekWire

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A good analysis of Mr Robot's portrayal of mostly accurate way of hacks.
Mr. Robot - GeekWire

Thanks for the share, really good analysis.

I too had suspicion about MMS bombing thing. Some of the things are just easier said than done.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
So this episode was more like revelation,
as assumed MR. Robot is Elliot himself. So Elliot now know secret of Tyrell (the murder) and Tyrell knows about Fsociety ..
The most shocking thing is that E-Corp wants Angela to take place of Tyrel.. ? Building plot to make Elliot and Angela rivals, means there won't be data hack as Angela will stop Elliot this season ?

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
So this episode was more like revelation, as assumed MR. Robot is Elliot himself. So Elliot now know secret of Tyrell (the murder) and Tyrell knows about Fsociety ..
The most shocking thing is that E-Corp wants Angela to take place of Tyrel.. ? Building plot to make Elliot and Angela rivals, means there won't be data hack as Angela will stop Elliot this season ?
From which episode did you get this information?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am not reading above few posts since I afraid spoiler tags are not being used where necessary. Kindly use those.

setanjan123

In the zone
Started watching the show yesterday. Gobbling episode after episode. Kinda skipped college today just to watch this. And yeah the attention to detail is great. They maintain the right balance imo showing the hacking. Not too dull not too glamorous.

setanjan123

In the zone
Just finished episode 9. Holy ****. What a revelation. Although I did expect something similar but still the writers did a good job in ****ing with our minds

Top Bottom