Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Just Watched "Superman ieotdeon sanai (A man who was superman)" :D Its a very good Korean Movie.

The Plot is that "SONG Soo-jung is a producer going on her third year at a small company. Her specialty is human interest stories. She is driven to produce these shallow stories for the sake of her ambition of one day becoming Korea’s own Oprah Winfrey. However, she is reaching the end of what’s left of her pride. One day, after months of not getting paid, she leaves her office with the company camera to produce a story on a lion apparently refusing to eat its meal. On her way, however, she comes across a robber, but she is saved somehow by Superman in a Hawaiian shirt. “Superman” claims he’s unable to tap into his supernatural powers as the bad guys have placed kryptonite inside his head. However, he doesn’t let that get in his way from helping others, from saving the world from global warming to saving a lost puppy. Soo-jung can see this will make a good story and, with a little tweaking and a little fabricating, she produces the Superman Saves the World documentary which goes on to be a ratings hit. However, the true story behind this “Superman,” including the bullet and not the kryptonite that is lodged in his brain, helps the frosty, calculating Soo-jung to awaken to what’s truly important in life."

Must Watch!
Rating = 9.1/10.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
@Quizmaster::: Wowie ,, u watched superman ......it was a great movie ..... the story was superb though i felt that it stretched at places ......

Just watched The Primer,,, highly overrated movie due to the low budget ... though one of the few movies i thoroughly enjoyed .... 8.5/10 ...

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
My recommendations:
1) Saving Private Ryan
2) Sunshine 2007
3) Requim for a dream
4) Trainspotting
5) You dont mess with the Zohan
6) Hunt for the Red October (Old but must watch)
7) PS: I love you.

jal_desai

In the zone
Journey to the centre of the earth - 6.5/10

The Mist - 2.5/10 (worst horror ever) (stephen king's novels not so good on-screen)

GameAddict

In the zone
The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover-8/10. Disgusting stuff played by some of the finest British actors. Goes into my list of recommended movies...seriously.

GA

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Which one the 80's flick or the recent ones? I haven't seen the oldies but the recent one is pretty good. Want my advice grab Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Beginning. It has ample gore & of course Diora *DROOL* Baird . :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^ooooo another gore movie :|. Anyways, I m getting the old one. Nearly got it. Will get the new one too soon ! Thanks for the info.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Clerks2 -------->5.5/10

Its a s so movie about frndship and love and sex-comedy. U can watch it, if not watched yet u have not missed anything.:cool:

Top Bottom