Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

slugger

Banned
^^where is comment box ?

was trying to edit template, to add among other things the dalog box just below the post.

something went wrong and then the post comment link stopped working completely. So disabled it temporarily till I fix it.

shud fix it in some time :)

slugger

Banned
musical preferences to be discussed here
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79274

this thread has got its own purpose

keshavasiva

Banned
The music I listen too is one that has capability to shake my frontal lobes to the cerebellum. It implies that it could be anything, Rock,Techno,Trance,Hip Hop..anything
AFA Rock is concerned my bands of preference are:

1. Linkin Park
  2. The Doors
  3. Rob Zombie
  4. Creedence
I have no definite choice, hell I don't even understand why some guys at my college go nuts for "Hotel California" but its MY CHOICE. On the movie front, give a shot to "2 Warlords" a Chinese flick featuring Jet Li, saw it subbed! 7/10 from my side.

Does Marilyn Manson Fit in somewhere .. I listened to some of his music and sounded great. System of a Down is also good.

I recently watched The Illutionist THe Holiday.. Kungfu panda... Mulholand Drive too
Exciting movies??? aren't they?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Does Marilyn Manson Fit in somewhere .. I listened to some of his music and sounded great. System of a Down is also good.

I recently watched The Illutionist THe Holiday.. Kungfu panda... Mulholand Drive too
Exciting movies??? aren't they?

Merilyn Manson fits SOMEWHERE in the Rock scene but its more inclined towards Metal :|.

System of a Down is rock and is good at it :D.

Linkin Park is Alternative/Hard Rock plus Nu-Metal :|.

anyways......
Slipknot - Mayhem Festivel 2008 (Live @ Seattle) 6/10 bcoz of shitty quality cam :|.

I have only watched one bollywood movie in a long time "Manorma 6 feet under" and though the story was some what off a rip-off it was pretty good.Acting performances were real good, the way story progressed was also good and lack of stupidity,something hard to find in our movies.

BTW I would like to state here that dhoom 2 is the biggest POS movie I ever remember watching :x.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
hey friends.. .in my college the cultural club of my college is organising a fund raising event by showing a movie in the seminar hall of my college..

please recommend some movies which meets the following limits::
1. NO HEAVY VIOLENCE (BLOOD ETC)
2. NO ROMANTIC SCENES, yes u read it right..
3. Should have a meaningful story so that people come and watches the film...

i am waiting frnds..

thanx in advance..
SUDE

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Shawshank Redemption :)

Any Sergio Leone Movie

12 Angry Men (it's b/w , but one of the best I have seen....what a script!!!)

Basic Instinct ..................... NOT!!!

Memento , if you want to make their head spin!!!

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
hey friends.. .in my college the cultural club of my college is organising a fund raising event by showing a movie in the seminar hall of my college..

please recommend some movies which meets the following limits::
1. NO HEAVY VIOLENCE (BLOOD ETC)
2. NO ROMANTIC SCENES, yes u read it right..
3. Should have a meaningful story so that people come and watches the film...

i am waiting frnds..

thanx in advance..
SUDE

Shawshank Redemption :)

Any Sergio Leone Movie

12 Angry Men (it's b/w , but one of the best I have seen....what a script!!!)

Basic Instinct ..................... NOT!!!

Memento , if you want to make their head spin!!!
Quite good options......
I would recommend.........Green Mile........
would've recommended Forest Gump but........
ummmm..........may be "Catch me if u can"

if urs a tech college.............u may think of going offbeat.......
Pirates of silicon valley
Steal this film

b/w +100 for 12 Angry Men (it has been remade in bollywood named Ek Ruka Hua Faisala, very good acting by all participant)

karmanya

Journeyman
Harold and Kumar escape from guantanamo bay.
EEw, only give this movie a 2/10. The only nice thing in the movie was Danneel Harris, and even thats pushing it.
Finally finished The Departed(i've had roughly 40 minutes to watch since like forever. 9.5/10, amazing movie.

Rahim

Married!
Just saw Der Untergang and was impressed with the depiction of the human-side of The Nazis (quite similar to what my belief is of them), a complete departure from what the World is forced to believe as if they were some evil extra terrestrial.

@rahimveron:
(quite similar to what my belief is of them), a complete departure from what the World is forced to believe
WTF Nazi's were scum of the earth who butchered countless innocents and you need to have a reality check.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downfall_(film)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@rahimveron
people are good but power and desire corrupts them. Take away these two things and we see again a good person.

In fact there were quite a no. of innocent Germans died in war without any knowledge of what was happening. See "Spring,Summer,Winter,Fall and Spring" too - its a cinematography masterpiece. You will understand few important answers to the questions that you always wanted to.

@rahimveron:
WTF Nazi's were scum of the earth who butchered countless innocents
yes almighty as you wish !

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
@rahimveron:
Nazi's were scum of the earth who butchered countless innocents and you need to have a reality check.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downfall_(film)

Maybe i should start worshipping Americans of what they are doing in Middle East? I dont see any difference between the two :p

@T159: I am watching it ;) now

keshavasiva

Banned
Movie Name: Forest Gump

Movie Name: The Longest Day
Language:English
Genre:Action, Drama, History, WWII
On the Normandy Invasion of Allied forces. 2 Oscars.

Dood... really....The Longest Day is *** good... I think that old flick right?? or is that the new version..... Long Movie tho!

Top Bottom