Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
*********SPOILERS**************

Right man.....I havent seen there will be blood but if you are comparing it with this one I got to see it .....definately next movie on my list.
Yeah, but keep it mind that its a slow movie, unlike NCFOM..........

And yeah, I do agree Chigurh has to be the best cold blooded murdered I have seen. I mean, WOW , for Javier Bardem , that man has acted so well. But I have the same issues with the films as you have

***SPOILED ALERT***1)Why isn't Llewelyn 's murder shown!!! Why??? and 2)Sheriff is actually the main character.

***SPOILER ENDS***

He he..... And enjoy THERE WILL BE BLOOD, if you enjoy epic movies....its a 100% satisfying movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Yeah, but keep it mind that its a slow movie, unlike NCFOM..........

And yeah, I do agree Chigurh has to be the best cold blooded murdered I have seen. I mean, WOW , for Javier Bardem , that man has acted so well.

I didn't realise he was Javier Bardem until I read this post! Ending of NCFOM pi$$ed me off. I didn't even bother imdbing it cause of disappointment.

TWBB is good but too slow.

By the way, I personally think Javier Bardem was even better in Mar adentro (The Sea Inside) as Ramon Sampedro, a quadriplegic for 25 yrs demanding euthanasia....It remains to be one of my all time favorite movies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Omkara!!

Finally got to see this movie to watch,the wait was well worth every bit!

Amazing amazing movie,saif ali khan in a a career defining role,The whole 150mins are amazing(Though it becomes a lil sloppy in the end for me,:p).The finer details are so well taken care of.

Dipen01

Youngling
Friday Night Lights - Decent movie.. But i was slightly disappointed as i was expecting too much having watched both season of its TV-Series "Friday Night Lights"

Definitely, Maybe - Watchable at an extent. May be only due to Ryan Reynolds.. His acting is pretty good..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
To me Omkara was oustanding! The one who is acquainted with the lingua enjoys it even more.

One of my fav quotes :-

Sali hum dono ki kismat gadhe ke l*** se likhi gayi hai

:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
In descending order of preference:
October Sky (Inspiring movie)
The Cinderella Man (Inspiring Movie)
Die Hard 4 (action movie)

ajaybc

Youngling
Any one here saw Kamal Hassan's Dashavatharam?
How is it?
Is it worth watching?
I am planning to see it on monday with my frnds.

ajayritik

Technomancer
every Hindi movie gets 1/10 frm me. stay while u can from them :| >:)
This is definitely a prejudice! Either you have watched only Mithun movies or the B Grade Hindi movies to conclude that every hindi movie gets 1/10. Looks like you are more into English movies but still that doesn't give you a liberty to make the above conclusions.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^last 15 minutes is the only thing great about it.
Aish acting sucks, Abhishek losses out on depth, amitabh did the good acting, Rao shaeb was superb

a_medico

Chillum Baba
This is definitely a prejudice! Either you have watched only Mithun movies or the B Grade Hindi movies to conclude that every hindi movie gets 1/10. Looks like you are more into English movies but still that doesn't give you a liberty to make the above conclusions.

Mithunda has nothing to do with B grade movies. He is the legend. Man, watch your words! Mithunda to his fans mean a lot more than what Rajni-da and Kamal-da combined to their fans. You could be sued.

The guy has given us legendary movies like Yamraaj, Millitary Raaj, Gunda, Hitler, Loha, Shapath, Jallad, Ravan Raaj, Cheetah, Truckdriver Suraj etc. Watch them to decide whether they belong to B grade or A+ !

The media praised Aamir like hell!! To me it was just above average. Music was good, so was the camerawork. Should have been more brisk. Reminded me of Phonebooth. The movie is good but not extraordinary as it has been praised. The movie is out on dvds too ;)

Query - Have you ever seen anybody use dark red suitcase? That was so striking, especially considering the circumstances.

Next on my list is Sarkar Raj. Probably tomorrow. Did I say I am cutting down upon my movies?? Or maybe I am! Atleast I am not watching 3 movies per day these days.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I highly recomend The Man From Earth , its one of the best movie I have ever seen. what a breath of fresh air. :),

Top Bottom