Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Third Eye

gooby pls
Sweeney Todd: The demon barber of fleet street

Great movie. Cinematography was awesome so does the story. Too much music and gore though.
A must watch.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^yeah, i agree it seems crude coz (A) its based on a real life incident and (b) the robbery was a long time back when security wasn't as sophisticated, so they didn't need to do too intricate planning

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Sweeney Todd: The demon barber of fleet street

Great movie. Cinematography was awesome so does the story. Too much music and gore though.
A must watch.
from hell is more gory and has same setting as Sweeney Todd
Based on the notorious serial killer Jack The Ripper

I feel it might have appeared crude coz it was based on actual events and not actually crafted to perfection to give the ultimate crime get away feeling(as was the case with inside man)............ for that matter oceans 11 could also suffice the critaria. Another movie The Score also was really well crafted under the same genre..........

But to think The bank job was actuall planed in reality makes me watch and rate the movie from a different perspective in the Heist genre.
Bank Job is awesome, +1 for Jason, +1 for starting track, +1 for good drama

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw Iron Man.A really good attempt to introduce a new Marvel character on screen for the first time.Had that 'cool superhero' factor going on & RDJ fitted the role of Iron Man perfectly.Sequel FTW!

Now time for Indy 4 & The Dark Knight.:D

prasad_den

Padawan
Don't know if this was recommended earlier.. but watch The Last King of Scotland. Its loosely based on the events surrounding the dictatorship of Idi Amin, although I came to know thro google that the lead character in the film, Dr.Nicholas Garrigan, is fictional. Yet the film represents Amin's rule realistically, and Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin is simply superb..

Excellent movie.. My rating - 8.5 / 10
Warning: Some scenes of nudity

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well .. Just finished watching There will be blood ... I reckon its a pathetically boring movie .. Three hours wasted .. There was some good acting though ..

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Well .. Just finished watching There will be blood ... I reckon its a pathetically boring movie .. Three hours wasted .. There was some good acting though ..

I thought it was great. Slow-Yes!! But Great Character Study.....Less on entertainment factor though!!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Oldboy - My expectations were high. But it didn't quite impress me. Maybe I'd have liked it few years back.

Audition - Couple of scary moments. But boring.

The Host - Few good moments but thats it.

Dead Silence *www.imdb.com/title/tt0455760/
Saw it 6 mons back. Good for one time watch, with a decent twist in the end.

House of sand and fog - Worth a watch for Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly

The Devil Wears Prada - Ok I agree its a girlish movie. But it ain't bad either. Worth a watch and nice ost too. Good performances.

Next on my list is Mimoh's Jimmy. Waiting for its dvd.

Last edited:

Freshcider

Broken In
last time I watched:
What Happens in Vegas- funny comedy for watching in good friend's company.
Iron Man
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Interesting movie,but previous Tim Burton's movies I like more than this ;)

anniyan

Texan
Waiting for the following DVDs :D . I will get all these three tomorrow through Netflix

Wait until Dark
P.S. I Love you
Tombstone

I selected all three based on the ratings. Excellent ratings i must say

karmanya

Journeyman
I saw "the bucket list" it was simply amazing, Really really amazing

Charlie Wilson's war, Michael Clayton, and American Gangster were nice too

If you can get them watch "remember the titans" and "glory road", they've come on TV a couple of times and I really liked em.

Devil wears prada, is a movie you have to watch with a girlfriend or a friend-who's a girl, not a solo movie.

Top Bottom