Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

hard_rock

Salieri Family
The Ring - I dont call it a Horror movie. Its a mystery movie.
The Ring 2- Not too scary but few scenes are good.
House of Wax- Another survival genre movie (I like Elisha Cuthbert :) )
Hostel-2- Not good as Hostel-1, but this has nothing but Gore..gore..gore..
Cast Away- The Lost-in-island is the only part I liked. the way he talks with Wilson :)
The hills have eyes-2 -Another survival,thriller movie. Too much gore and Nasty things. Its not a surprise if you vomit after watching the movie.
Phir Herapheri- I like paresh Rawal's acting in this.

casual_gamer

In the zone
Afred Hitchcock's "North By Northwest" - The best movie i have seen in my life.

hard_rock said:
The wicker man - by Nicholas Cage, quite a different story..
Try to get the original 1975 version of this movie, its really good.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Had nothing to DL so I thought I'd cash in on "The world's fastest Indian" which has got an 8.1 rating at IMDB. Can't be a bad movie, I thought.

I wasn't proved wrong. Amazing movie with Anthony Hopkins giving a good performance (as usual).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Had nothing to DL so I thought I'd cash in on "The world's fastest Indian" which has got an 8.1 rating at IMDB. Can't be a bad movie, I thought.

I wasn't proved wrong. Amazing movie with Anthony Hopkins giving a good performance (as usual).
Finally! I wouldn't mind this one... ;)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
The Pink Panther ---9/10 starring Steve martin as Inspector Closseau..wat a zabardast comedy......very gud acting by Steve....especially the damburger ..hamburger ..scene..must watch :D :D :D

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
Sunshine (2006-07)
sci fi movie

nice movie
abt sun dieing in 2057 and what humans do to stop it by sending a spaceship

Pratyush

Broken In
PiRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL -

Starring Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley
Genre- Fantasy

a great movie. story's excellent.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
curse of yellow flower ... starring chow yun fat
house of flying daggers
seven swords
shadowless swords

tragedy movies ... and high flying chinese stuffs with emotional touch

slugger

Banned
Shawshank Redemption
October sky
Black Hawk Down
Die Hard 1,2,not3,4
Godfather 1,2
Matrix Trilogy
Lakshya

just watched CHAK DE INDIA yesterdy/dayb4 nice movie among my all time fave hindi

Last edited:

Phreezer

Broken In
Transformers - (Action / Adventure / Comedy / Sci-Fi / Thriller ) A war re-erupts on Earth between two robotic clans, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, leaving the fate of mankind hanging in the balance.

Windstruck (Chineese) - (Romance) The heart-warming romance story between Kyungjin and Myungwoo. Even though he has passed away, he will be always with Kyungwoo forever.

The Prestige - (Drama / Fantasy / Thriller) Robert and Alfred are rival magicians. When Alfred performs the ultimate magic trick, Robert tries desperately to find out the secret to the trick.

Final Fantasy Advent Children - (Fantasy / Action / Adventure / Animation / Sci-Fi ) An ex-mercenary is forced out of isolation when three mysterious men kidnap and brainwash the city's children afflicted with the Geostigma disease.

dark_side_of_the_moon

Right off the assembly line
Phreezer said:
Transformers - (Action / Adventure / Comedy / Sci-Fi / Thriller ) A war re-erupts on Earth between two robotic clans, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, leaving the fate of mankind hanging in the balance.
CAn someone tell me if Transformeres is worthRs.130/- for hall tickets. While imdb gave it 7.9/10 Rotten tomatoes gave it only 57% approval. So i'm kinda confuse.

faraaz

Evil Genius
If you are a fan of the series, don't watch, you will just get pissed off.

If you are not a big fan, go only if you want a masala movie. But paisa wasool?? I'd say yeah, maybe...its bloody long, so you definitely get value. :D

Phreezer

Broken In
Well dude, it is. I've already seen it though it's not released in India yet. But its worth every penny. Don't miss the opportunity..just go watch. Great action, special effects and stuff...and unlike spiderman3 & similar movies where action is just limited to only some part, this movie keeps you giving doses of action in between...and the final fight--it totally rocks!

dark_side_of_the_moon

Right off the assembly line
faraaz said:
If you are a fan of the series, don't watch, you will just get pissed off.

If you are not a big fan, go only if you want a masala movie. But paisa wasool?? I'd say yeah, maybe...its bloody long, so you definitely get value. :D
I didn't knew that Transformer was a series, beafore hearing about the film.So i guess i can watch it. Are scl effect bttr thn Spidey 3? and story?

faraaz

Evil Genius
Phreezer said:
Well dude, it is. I've already seen it though it's not released in India yet. But its worth every penny. Don't miss the opportunity..just go watch. Great action, special effects and stuff...and unlike spiderman3 & similar movies where action is just limited to only some part, this movie keeps you giving doses of action in between...and the final fight--it totally rocks!

But it makes no sense whatsoever...autobots? decepticons? Meh...

I didn't like it too much because the MAIN bad guy was only in there for like...10 mins...whereas in the 1986 movie and the cartoons, he is like the ultimate BADASS!!!

But Optimus Prime was pretty cool...even if I didn't like how they changed all the robots from how they were supposed to look.

And Bumblebee was supposed to be a Volkswagen, NOT A freakin Camaro! Damn you Michael BAY!

So yeah, that's a short summary of what I didn't like about it. And frankly, Spiderman 3 & Transformers both had equally cheesy action with a dumb plot. But Transformers' action is cooler...

Top Bottom