Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pratyush

Broken In
today at 8:30 p.m. on STAR GOLD watch Home Alone (Director: Chris Columbus Genre: Comedy/Mischief Running time: Till 11:00 p.m.)

At 7:00 p.m. Star MOVIES watch Baby's Day Out (Genre: Children Comedy/Mishief Running Time: Till 9:00 p.m.)

At 5:45 p.m. HBO watch Blade: TRINITY (Genre: Action Running Time: Till 8:00 p.m. Rated: UA)

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Movie: Shutter
Genre: HORROR
Language: Thai(Get subtitles to watch it)
Comments: Man, I was a mad guy to see this movie at night 2. Scared the hell out of me. Dint slept correctly that night.
You guys were right..Asian horror movies define TRUE MEANING of HORROR!!!

Plot Summary: A guy who is professional photographer starts getting some unwanted fog like things in his photo prints even though he took shots perfectly...Digging up the mystery he finds out the reason (Which I wont tell as it'll spoil the suspense)..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Proof

A must, if you liked A Beautiful Mind.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0377107/

Plot Outline:The daughter of a brilliant but mentally disturbed mathematician, recently deceased, tries to come to grips with her possible inheritance: his insanity. Complicating matters are one of her father's ex-students who wants to search through his papers and her estranged sister who shows up to help settle his affairs.

Freshcider

Broken In
chinmay said:
Its indeed surprising that no one has recommended this movie yet.

Movie: Requiem For A Dream
Language: English
Genre: Drugs

Yes, I agree. I think it's a cult movie as Trainspotting with awesome soundtrack.
Also I like are:
Knocking on heaven door (Germany)
Clockwork orange; Oh, lucky man with Malcolm McDowell (England)
Lock, stock and two smocking barrels (England)

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
Saw Happy Feet - Great animation and emotion the last quarter really touched me more than any movie i've seen.good story too.only a bit too melodical.
Rating 4/5

2.Euro Trip - Just another teen movie.Lame story and jokes will like only if your a teenager.Good soundtrack "Scotty doesn't know"
Rating 1.5/5

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Just saw CASH (Hindi movie..)
The story isn't that great but jayed khans style and ritesh's stunt scenes were cool.

My Rating will be 7/10.
A must watch only if you are a die hard hindi movie fan and liked Dhoom2.

chinmay

Journeyman
More recommended movies on drugs in no particular order :-

1. Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (made me a hardcore Johny Depp and Benicio Del Toro fan)

2. Traffic (Great acting by Michael Douglas and Benicio Del Toro)

3. Pulp Fiction (all time favourite)

4. Basketball Diaries ( I used to think Leornado De Caprio is a pussy, this movie proved me wrong)

5. Easy Rider (great classic)

6. Trainspotting (so much fun)

7. The Doors (On Jim Morrison, the Lizaed King)

8. Stoned (Movie on the band, The Rolling stones)

9. Blow

10. Up In Smoke

11. Drugstore Cowboy

12. How high

13. Scarface

My all time favourites in general :-

1. Schindler's list

2. A Clockwork Orange

3. Midnight Express

4. the Godfather Trilogy

5. Kill Bill I & II

6. the Shawshank Redemption

7. Casablanca

8. Psycho (and all other movies by Alfred Hitchcock. he simply kicks ass)

9. Sin City

10. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest

11. The Departed

12. Eternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind

13. To Kill A Mockingbird

14. Saving private Ryan

15. Saw I, II and III

16. Dr. Strangelove

17. Its A Wonderful Life

18. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

19. American Beauty

20. V For Vendetta

Last edited:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
Knocked Up
Genre: Comedy
8/10

funny as heck, bit vulgar though, must say one of the best funny movie i've seen in a while.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
ratedrsuperstar said:
Saw Happy Feet - Great animation and emotion the last quarter really touched me more than any movie i've seen.good story too.only a bit too melodical.
Rating 4/5

2.Euro Trip - Just another teen movie.Lame story and jokes will like only if your a teenager.Good soundtrack "Scotty doesn't know"
Rating 1.5/5

---------ditto---------

cynosure

UbuntuUser
What to say. I like most of the movies that I see.

Yesteday's Pick:
1) Next: 8/10. Movee couldve been a bit more intresting if they were to stretch it a lil bit.
2) Notting Hill: 9/10 Uber good movie. Really liked it.
3) Cars: 7/10: Bollywood drama type...:) But worth a watch.
4) Mr. Bean's Holiday: 9/10. Good one. Some scenes really made me ROFL types.:D

Some Days Ago:
1) Happy Feet: 8/10. Nice one. Cool Animation. A bit like Swades -> Hero against the stereotypes. End was good as sexy beast said.
2) FNF: Tokya Drift. 7/10 Nice but lacked the punch. I liked FNF2 more.
3)Hostel2: 3/10. Its really awful movie. Was bored to death before the the first half therefore saw only the first half.
4)Reno911: 3/10. Looks like a p0rn movie. No storyline, nothing worth watching.:(
5)Scary Movie 4: 8/10. Really liked this one. They have blended War of the worlds, Village and Grudge in a wonderful manner. The "Oprah Winfrey Show" and the "Million Dollar Baby" gags were also great.
6) Life in a... Metro: 8/10. Nice one. It might be telling a true tale but who knows. Story was good, songs were fine and Kangna looked fantastic.
7) Blood Diamond: 9/10. Told the story of african people (country I dont remember). How they are treated by other bad people who engage in exploting them. Worth a watch.
8 ) The Exorcist: 7/10. Was not able to relate the first 15 mins with the remaining story. But still the movie was good. Except for a few scenes, most were not able to send creeps down my spine.
Not ultra-horror movie as some people call it.

More Coming soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom