Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Its official remake of The Invisible Guest (2016)
You may watch Original Version.
Watched Both versions...The winner is The Invisible Guest.,
In fact I got so annoyed while watching Badla after I had watched Invisible Guest. So poor acting, by that actress (sorry don't know who that is), so fake like. Though I only cared to watch because of Sr. Bachchan and as usual he was worth it. But overall Badla lacks so many things the original movie The Invisible Guest didn't. Sorry to say 8.0 is an insanely over rating for the movie.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In fact I got so annoyed while watching Badla after I had watched Invisible Guest. So poor acting, by that actress (sorry don't know who that is), so fake like. Though I only cared to watch because of Sr. Bachchan and as usual he was worth it. But overall Badla lacks so many things the original movie The Invisible Guest didn't. Sorry to say 8.0 is an insanely over rating for the movie.
The only movie I have ever seen that justifies an Indian adaptation is this Ek Ruka Hua Faisla (TV Movie 1986) - IMDb the best adaptation of a hollywood classic(12 Angry Men (1957) - IMDb) done by bollywood till date in my opinion.

shreeux

Movie Buff

Yes, They always missed the original essence...In India, they target money only so add some commercial elements as per Indian culture spoil the original core contents.

If you checked the no of voting also high 84k for 8/10...So everyone liked it.

His previous movies also good The Body (2012), Julia's Eyes (2010) (screenplay)

His latest one is a little bit complicated time travel movie Mirage (2018)...Need the patience to sit tight till the end for more twist.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gully Boy - 8.5/10
Songs a great.. would like to see more stuff like this in future.
MC sher stole the show, Siddhant Chaturvedi improved alot from inside edge.. portrayed better than Ranveer Singh, who is rapper in real and rapped already in Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.
Overall great movie.. happy ending..

A direct sequel and a spin-off on the Mc Sher is planned already!

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

Well, if somebody haven't watched the Invisible Guest, he/she ought to like Badla because they wouldn't be comparing it with the original one. Plus no songs and bollywood tadka. I haven't watched the original one so I quite liked Badla (especially because of brilliant performance by Amitabh Bacchan)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Badla (2019) - 7.5/10
Adapted from the Invisible Guest, but Amitabh Bacchan acting is fantastic. Tapse Pannu needs more refining.
Good thriller and ending was excellent.

Anybody watched Godzilla (2019) ?

Last edited:

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent

aw man, that's harsh! On its own, without any comparisons to the original, badla is the best hindi movie in recent times for me.

no godzilla anyone ?
milking milking too much.
If I ever open a tabela. I will name it terminatoring godzilla cows.

Zangetsu

Sonchiriya (2019) - 8/10
Another Gem from bollywood, after Paan Singh Tomar I would say one of the best movies on Dacoits, Good Screenplay, Story, Dialogues and Acting.
Sushant Singh & Ravir Shorey have done excellent job, and No-doubt Ashutosh Rana.

P.S : Use of Subtitles is recommended due to Bundelkhandi dialogues

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Anthropoid... A powerhouse of a movie after a long time. A true story of Operation Anthropoid, the WWII mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich. I enjoy WW movies, coz I love war history and eager to know, learn more of that era. So I am always on a lookout for serious cinema that depicts stories of that era.

Anthropoid is once such movie, nothing is short of spectacular in the depiction of the mission to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich. Performances are top notch, the direction is grim and serious, but the last one hour of the movie will leave you with your fists clenched and jaw dropped in admiration of what these Czech soldiers had to go through during this mission. I would not give any plot lines, and if you have not read about the mission on the internet ...then dont ...see the movie and then read as I did and came to know a lot about the fate of 7 soldiers who fought like true soldiers for their country. Highly recommended movie ...... especially if you are WWII movie fan .... 7.5/10 for this one

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The only movie I have ever seen that justifies an Indian adaptation is this Ek Ruka Hua Faisla (TV Movie 1986) - IMDb the best adaptation of a hollywood classic(12 Angry Men (1957) - IMDb) done by bollywood till date in my opinion.

For me, it would be Bheja Fry even though it is not a Hollywood adaptation, its THE best adaptation by an Indian movie of a non Bollywood script. It was heavily inspired by french movie Le Diner De Cons. Even Hollywood took the french movie and adapted to a mediocore movie called "Dinner with Schmucks"
Ek ruka hua faisala was also great though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Article 15 8/10

It's not perfect rather essential movie.

As a movie this has it's flaws, loopholes and a bit slow. But, then again Pink too lacked logic at times. BUT, both these films are important and essential for now.
Includes some good performance from the leads.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Spiderman Far From Home 5/10
Tbh all these solo Marvel movies are getting very predictable and formulaic. This movie has a few good moments and some cool action scenes but in the end I did not have a lot of fun.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Spiderman : Far from home 6/10

Felt like a long long end credit scene for Endgame.

The movie is unnecessarily long. Should have wrapped up by 2Hrs or less. At times felt dragging.

Zangetsu

Super 30 - 7.5/10
Excellent movie and superb performance by Hrithik. 1st half is much better than 2nd. Some minor flaws buts its alright.
Many of the people didn't like the Holi Scene which I liked.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Super 30 6/10

Too cheezy for my taste. [Imagine Dominos Cheeze Burst Pizza. Now imagine double cheeze burst, then imagine quadruple cheeze burst. That does not exist but, if there were any Super 30 is that cheezy)

Yes, first half is good. Second half, disappointing.

//Offtopic, all these movies, they never touch Chemistry I noticed. May be it's not easy to show a chemistry formula or calculation as gloriously on screen as possible with Math.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Judgemental hai kaya 6/10

Original title was apt, when that was denied they should have gone for something else.

This is a very interesting concept but too long, Should have ended by 90min.
Kangna is awesome, Rajkumar Rao's role felt like an extended cameo (recall SRK's role in Billu Barber ?)
The story focuses more on how Kangna deals with the world around her rather the mystery itself.

Again, had the potential to be an apt thriller but fell short of it.