Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rewatched Infinity war and Endgame in a single seating. Just to understand the flow.
Infinity war is better made movie than Endgame.

Endgame is slow, mellow and unnecessary long.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Rewatched Infinity war and Endgame in a single seating. Just to understand the flow.

There was a news earlier that End game was going to be released again with new content on July. Did you watch the new version or the old one?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

Another rare occasion I totally agree. I LOVED Infinity War. ... End Game was just ok for me.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched two movies this weekend.

Green Book 8/10
BlacKkKlansman 7/10

Both the movies happened to be on similar theme. Whereas the former felt like better made and later a bit over dramatic.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hereditary (2018) - 7/10
A Sadistic horror movie, excellent sound effects and good mystery.
First is slow on pace, but Story take the grip from second half.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Saaho(Hindi, 2D, non-IMAX) 3/10

WTF was that!

What you need to know is, this would come in Netflix. Wait till that. Please don't waste your money going to theater.

Zangetsu

Get Out (2017) - 8.5/10
What a Movie!!! Excellent horror and also won Oscar. Brilliant acting by Daniel.
The Climax, Plot everything was perfect in this movie.

There are 6 alternate endings ;)

Saaho(Hindi, 2D, non-IMAX) 3/10

WTF was that!

What you need to know is, this would come in Netflix. Wait till that. Please don't waste your money going to theater.
Saaho made ₹130 crore (US$19 million) on its opening day worldwide, the second highest-ever for an Indian film, surpassing 2.0's opening of ₹117 crore, but lower than Prabhas's previous film Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (₹212 crore), which hold the record for the highest-opening Indian film

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Saaho made ₹130 crore (US$19 million) on its opening day worldwide, the second highest-ever for an Indian film, surpassing 2.0's opening of ₹117 crore, but lower than Prabhas's previous film Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (₹212 crore), which hold the record for the highest-opening Indian film
And the point you want to make?

This figure is solely from first 3 days sale. Where majority is from advance booking.
Wait for figures from second week.

Zangetsu

And the point you want to make?

This figure is solely from first 3 days sale. Where majority is from advance booking.
Wait for figures from second week.
The movie already reached its break-even point :D
Getting low footfalls now. Still not a movie to watch in Theaters

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Some actors shared that it is "The biggest blockbuster worldwide in 2019" and it somehow ended up in my twitter feed. :facepalm:
Do they even check outside the bubble known as Bollywood?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The movie already reached its break-even point :D
Getting low footfalls now. Still not a movie to watch in Theaters
No, it did not.

There are news of it making less every passing day.
It did not sell it's satellite rights and now no channel wants to buy it (at least in the price they quoted earlier nor even the half of it). Global collection was not considered for business. Then every SRK movie would be a superhit as his movies did better numbers outside India always.

I would wait and watch it to break even in India i.e. do 300+ crore in Indian theaters.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
WAR 7/10

A typical action movie. Don't expect anything else.
Even the heroine appears post interval for a 20 min role including a song. With this song, the movie has total two songs.
The makers were this sure to make it a action movie, that they have cut down on such usual flabs of the movie.

+Hrithik, scorches the screen any moment he's on it and the camera sure loves having him in focus. Tiger kinda fades infront of him in charisma.

Final word: A typical action movie with inspiration from MI and F&F movies. There, those are the spoilers for this movie ;)

Zangetsu

WAR 7/10

A typical action movie. Don't expect anything else.
Even the heroine appears post interval for a 20 min role including a song. With this song, the movie has total two songs.
The makers were this sure to make it a action movie, that they have cut down on such usual flabs of the movie.

+Hrithik, scorches the screen any moment he's on it and the camera sure loves having him in focus. Tiger kinda fades infront of him in charisma.

Final word: A typical action movie with inspiration from MI and F&F movies. There, those are the spoilers for this movie ;)
7 is quite high rating for this Movie.
Apart from Hrithik nothing shines in this Movie. My friends were complaining of High Ticket rates of 350/- even for a Morning 8 show.
YashRaj know this will go down after 1 week.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Joker - 6/10

So I went to watch Joker with very high expectations. It's the motherloving Joker, one of the most iconic DC villians and it's played by Joaquin Phoenix. While Joaquin Phoenix played the role splendidly, the story leaves much to be desired. The whole movie revolves around Arthur Fleck before he becomes the Joker and chronicles him spiraling into violence. While the story is not bad on it's own, the presentation however is not as good. Overall, it's not a very memorable movie with no quotable dialogues or memorable scenes. Some dialogues are cringy but I think these are deliberately so. The climactic confrontation between the Joker and Robert De Niro's character could have been the turning point of the movie, but even it sadly lacked the punch.

If I were to compare this, I'd say this movie is a cross between Taxi Driver and The Machinist with some scenes appear to be ripped straight from Taxi Driver, while Arthur Fleck's behaviour vaguely resembles that of Trevor Reznik from The Machinist.

Overall I'd say it's a one time watch, only because it's Joaquin Phoenix playing the Joker, but I think they could have done better.

Also, it ends with Bruce's parents getting shot in an alley by some guy in a joker mask. I know I should put this in a spoiler tag, but this scene has been done to death in so many movies and in so many variations that I don't think anyone would care if I spoil it.

Top Bottom