Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Joker - 6/10

i agree. the screenplay has been fetched to some extent where things have become ugly and not enjoyable. looked like crime psychopath drug/tobacco addiction films based on hard lives of some real life psychopaths and the comic aspect is missing.

also missing the charms of previous joker, the dramatic uncertain tone, tension build ups and the attitude where he actually looked liked he is scheming things and enjoying.

o well - i questioned myself, why are people rating this dull boring film so high and why are they spending hundreds to see it like that.

Anything censored or cut from the film by CBFC?
after watching the movie, you won't be asking such silly questions i guess. :rofl: but nothing below waist is shown. :razz:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Joker - 6/10

i agree. the screenplay has been fetched to some extent where things have become ugly and not enjoyable. looked like crime psychopath drug/tobacco addiction films based on hard lives of some real life psychopaths and the comic aspect is missing.

also missing the charms of previous joker, the dramatic uncertain tone, tension build ups and the attitude where he actually looked liked he is scheming things and enjoying.

o well - i questioned myself, why are people rating this dull boring film so high and why are they spending hundreds to see it like that.

after watching the movie, you won't be asking such silly questions i guess. :rofl: but nothing below waist is shown. :razz:
Yeah, it's not a story of Joker, the DC villain and more like the story of Arthur Fleck the common man.

Ameypawase

Broken In
Joker - 6/10

So I went to watch Joker with very high expectations. It's the motherloving Joker, one of the most iconic DC villians and it's played by Joaquin Phoenix. While Joaquin Phoenix played the role splendidly, the story leaves much to be desired. The whole movie revolves around Arthur Fleck before he becomes the Joker and chronicles him spiraling into violence. While the story is not bad on it's own, the presentation however is not as good. Overall, it's not a very memorable movie with no quotable dialogues or memorable scenes. Some dialogues are cringy but I think these are deliberately so. The climactic confrontation between the Joker and Robert De Niro's character could have been the turning point of the movie, but even it sadly lacked the punch.

If I were to compare this, I'd say this movie is a cross between Taxi Driver and The Machinist with some scenes appear to be ripped straight from Taxi Driver, while Arthur Fleck's behaviour vaguely resembles that of Trevor Reznik from The Machinist.

Overall I'd say it's a one time watch, only because it's Joaquin Phoenix playing the Joker, but I think they could have done better.

Also, it ends with Bruce's parents getting shot in an alley by some guy in a joker mask. I know I should put this in a spoiler tag, but this scene has been done to death in so many movies and in so many variations that I don't think anyone would care if I spoil it.

compare to spiderverse movie is this worth a watch ? , also was there a certain word censored out of the movie by CBFC ? also compare it to taxi driver

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Tenki No Ko / Weathering With You - 7.5

very nicely told and detailed anime with good enough story line. those everyday stuff and everything happening in the surrounding are such nicely depicted along with the story propagation. it was such enjoyable, that felt the movie kinda running multiple layers in every scenes. However, the story is kinda at the abstract level, and dialogues are a bit on the whining side, which are quite typical in japanese style self story telling dramas / animes. another thing is, not sure how censor board could assign an U certificate to it, should have been U/A anyways, lol.

and, lastly, those who liked the new Joker film, may not like it. at least my friend did not like it. just telling.

really i am happy to see anime movies in multiplexes these days.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Joker - 6/10

So I went to watch Joker with very high expectations. It's the motherloving Joker, one of the most iconic DC villians and it's played by Joaquin Phoenix. While Joaquin Phoenix played the role splendidly, the story leaves much to be desired. The whole movie revolves around Arthur Fleck before he becomes the Joker and chronicles him spiraling into violence. While the story is not bad on it's own, the presentation however is not as good. Overall, it's not a very memorable movie with no quotable dialogues or memorable scenes. Some dialogues are cringy but I think these are deliberately so. The climactic confrontation between the Joker and Robert De Niro's character could have been the turning point of the movie, but even it sadly lacked the punch.

If I were to compare this, I'd say this movie is a cross between Taxi Driver and The Machinist with some scenes appear to be ripped straight from Taxi Driver, while Arthur Fleck's behaviour vaguely resembles that of Trevor Reznik from The Machinist.

Overall I'd say it's a one time watch, only because it's Joaquin Phoenix playing the Joker, but I think they could have done better.

Also, it ends with Bruce's parents getting shot in an alley by some guy in a joker mask. I know I should put this in a spoiler tag, but this scene has been done to death in so many movies and in so many variations that I don't think anyone would care if I spoil it.

Very simple it's Festival Movie or Pure Cinema rather than commercial.
Winner in Venice Film Festival 2019, That's why overrated.
Who knows may win Oscar also.,

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Tenki No Ko / Weathering With You - 7.5

very nicely told and detailed anime with good enough story line. those everyday stuff and everything happening in the surrounding are such nicely depicted along with the story propagation. it was such enjoyable, that felt the movie kinda running multiple layers in every scenes. However, the story is kinda at the abstract level, and dialogues are a bit on the whining side, which are quite typical in japanese style self story telling dramas / animes. another thing is, not sure how censor board could assign an U certificate to it, should have been U/A anyways, lol.

and, lastly, those who liked the new Joker film, may not like it. at least my friend did not like it. just telling.

really i am happy to see anime movies in multiplexes these days.
Damn I didn't they released Anime movies in Indian theatres. This is great!!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This is wow. Kimetsu No Yaiba movie will be epic on big screen!
Apparently the DBZ movie which had battle with Brolly was released in Delhi movie theaters. If any Delhi person can confirm this then it took lot of time for us to know about this information of anime movies in Indian theaters.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This is wow. Kimetsu No Yaiba movie will be epic on big screen!
Apparently the DBZ movie which had battle with Brolly was released in Delhi movie theaters. If any Delhi person can confirm this then it took lot of time for us to know about this information of anime movies in Indian theaters.
My home town is full of dubbed movies but Delhi walas are better in all aspects. They have the pleasure of being the Capital.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched some movies lately. I don't think I mentioned here.

Mission Mangal 5/10 (Hotstar)

This guy R Balki, never met a NASA scientist or even tried to meet any scientist at all. Approach was to remake "Armageddon" in Hindi with lots of "Deshbhakti". Cheezy, cringeworthy and pathetic.
Chernobyl, yes everyone should take lesson from that series on how to make scientific jargons/events into a compelling story.

Brighturn 6/10 (Prime)

Was James Gunn angry with DC? Seemed so.

Coco 7/10 (Hotstar)

Good animation movie

Durgeshgarer Guptodhan 7.5/10 (Bengali, Hoichoi)

Made on the backdrop of bengal's history.
Has a historian protagonist named "Sonada". Imagine him as bengal's "Robert Langdon".
A really well made movie (bad CGI though). A better sequel.

Rainbow Jelly 6/10 (Bengali, Netflix)

Novel concept, ruined by the climax.
The lead actor is really good.

Barnaporichoy 3/10 (Bengali, Prime)

A crappy serial killer movie. Has big names but did not land.

Imitation Game 8/10 (Hotstar)

Good movie. Good acting by Benedict Cumb@#$%^

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Watched some movies lately. I don't think I mentioned here.

Mission Mangal 5/10 (Hotstar)

This guy R Balki, never met a NASA scientist or even tried to meet any scientist at all. Approach was to remake "Armageddon" in Hindi with lots of "Deshbhakti". Cheezy, cringeworthy and pathetic.
Chernobyl, yes everyone should take lesson from that series on how to make scientific jargons/events into a compelling story.

Brighturn 6/10 (Prime)

Was James Gunn angry with DC? Seemed so.

Coco 7/10 (Hotstar)

Good animation movie

Durgeshgarer Guptodhan 7.5/10 (Bengali, Hoichoi)

Made on the backdrop of bengal's history.
Has a historian protagonist named "Sonada". Imagine him as bengal's "Robert Langdon".
A really well made movie (bad CGI though). A better sequel.

Rainbow Jelly 6/10 (Bengali, Netflix)

Novel concept, ruined by the climax.
The lead actor is really good.

Barnaporichoy 3/10 (Bengali, Prime)

A crappy serial killer movie. Has big names but did not land.

Imitation Game 8/10 (Hotstar)

Good movie. Good acting by Benedict Cumb@#$%^
Of the above I like Coco, Mission Mangal and Imitation Game.

I like Inception very much
But none can come against Matrix Trilogy.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom