Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^the mermaid was stupid movie, I wasted time watching it.
where? in which country they are highest grosser? is it overall?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Get Out 8/10

Now that is clean piece of horror after a long time. Sets the tone and environment right and holds it till the very end.

Concept: In the line of "Wicker Man" with happy ending.

+ve:
-->Background music. Reminded me of "Witch" soundtrack from "Suspiria" but it was really good. Special addition is the "Run Rabbit" soundtrack
-->Acting: Everyone was perfect. The 'grandma' and 'grandfather' acted really well in the short role they got.
-->Attention to detail. The director created some nice little moments throughout the movie. Take the scene where the police officer asked for Chris's license when they hit a deer on the road. Rose fight's with the officer so that Chris doesn't need to show his license. That wasn't just for standing up to the authority for right cause!
-->Violence: Once again this movie proved that without showing a head getting chopped off or a hand getting torn apart shocks still can be provided to audience.

-ve: -
-->May be the climax. I get it, such movies can have only two types ending, a happy or shocking. And We saw the happy one. Why not explore the options a bit and try something new?
-->

icebags

Technomancer
Aascharya Maheela - 7.75

This movie certainly raised some unanswered questions :

# what happened to the big ship ?
# how did Einstein make atom bomb, if the formula whisperer died years ago ?

But, they will probably not be answered in the next movie in the franchisee either.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Aascharya Maheela - 7.75

This movie certainly raised some unanswered questions :

# what happened to the big ship ?
# how did Einstein make atom bomb, if the formula whisperer died years ago ?

But, they will probably not be answered in the next movie in the franchisee either.
You watched the Hindi version?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Has anyone watched the movie called into the wild?. Has got good rating in imdb. How is it?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Has anyone watched the movie called into the wild?. Has got good rating in imdb. How is it?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
That one beautiful movie. Beautifully shot and at the same time kept it real.

That is the kind of movie due to which this thread was earlier named "Must Watch movies..."

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tubelight 4/10

Had to go due to a friend of mine who's a Salman fan. According to him "Prem Ratan Dhan Payo" was better than this.
Guess, this tells enough about this movie.

quan chi

mortal kombat
KONG : SKULL ISLAND.
This movie has almost everything to be a summer blockbuster but something is missing. Perhaps it was the pace? it was too fast? Nonetheless Its still very enjoyable & a good watch. Overall its good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Don't Breathe (2016) - 8/10
Excellent Thriller and Horror moments, and a very nice Plot...must watch for all Thriller/Horror fans

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Don't Breathe (2016) - 8/10
Excellent Thriller and Horror moments, and a very nice Plot...must watch for all Thriller/Horror fans
This is such a nice movie I can't express my love for it enough.
This really grows with time, characters too unfold new emotions and sides of them. Te horror/thriller angle such nicely blended.

A learning lesson for all upcoming thriller makers.

Power Rangers 4/10

Its bad.

Top Bottom