Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Spiderman: Homecoming 7.5/10

Suppose you've not watched Spiderman of Tobey Maguire then this is a treat for you, BUT, but if you had you would find uncanny similarities between the former and this.

Most key events, few scenes why did they really need to recreate I'm not sure.
But, above all Tom Holland is great replacement for the role of Spiderman since Tobey. Andrew Garfield was simply annoying.

As a stand-alone movie this is really enjoyable. Go for it, you won't regret.

Oh, b/w the climax fight sequence...should have been better. Really underwhelming.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched already...:emoji_confused:
Ok, assuming you've understood the concept, I've sme doubts.

The concept as I understood.

Volmer is the baron. Hannah is his daughter.
Volmer found the cure for mortality and kep himself and his daughter alive and was able to ignore the effect of time on body.
He did only this to marry his daughter when she's fertile. But Hannah wasn't becoming fertile for nearly a century (the photograh in his office where he's seen holding her hand shows date as 1912). With arrival of Lockhart she (somehow) became fertile and Volmer married her to continue pure bloodline.

The mortality is achieved by making people drink the Eels and somehow this process extracts the 'Cure' that we see in the blue bottles.

Questions: -
  • Volmer. How was his face mutilated?
  • The cure. It only cures mortality or age progression too? Seems age progression too.
  • Eels. What is their role in the cure. How they impact anything?
  • The cure and it's side effect. Seems mind control is one of them. How does Volmer control the minds of the patients. Never seem him doing any gestures to move the crowd.
  • The initial accident. Did it happen or not? Driver seems bruised in a later scene in the Bar but Lockhart was intact apart from the false broken leg.
  • Lockhart was seen force fed the eels. What happened to the eels when they enter human body.
  • Was ther anything in the water? Was the mindcontrol drug in the water?
  • The sauna room scene where the walls kept appearing or disappearing. Was that only illusions of Lockhart or there are any dark magic involved?

Anyway, the movie is conceptualized only on the idea "what if the events in Shutter Island were real?" or "Let's create an alternate universe of Shutter Island wehre things are real".

A very nice concept coupled with beautiful cinematography makes it a must watch. Being a thriller this should have been at least 10-15 min short. Nonetheless a must watch material.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Ok, assuming you've understood the concept, I've some doubts.

While watching this movie there is no fixed genre...The plot was jumping one to another like...(Thriller, Mysticism, Asylum, Horror) with many holes not covered until the end.

Final verdict...Worth to Watch without thinking.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Tonight she comes - One fcukd up horror comedy. Lots of gore and nudity. Very weird movie. Very unlike you must have seen earlier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Tonight she comes - One fcukd up horror comedy. Lots of gore and nudity. Very weird movie. Very unlike you must have seen earlier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Added to the list.
is it in the WTF movies list ?

I remember "Pink Flamingos" being one the cult movies in WTF

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Critics can be #@$% at times. I don't understand the low ratings. This is a nice atmospheric horror/thriller movie & thanks for suggesting it.

Glad that you liked this movie.
Now that you've seen the movie, may be you can share your opinion on the doubts I had mentioned in below post.

Ok, assuming you've understood the concept, I've sme doubts.

The concept as I understood.

Volmer is the baron. Hannah is his daughter.
Volmer found the cure for mortality and kep himself and his daughter alive and was able to ignore the effect of time on body.
He did only this to marry his daughter when she's fertile. But Hannah wasn't becoming fertile for nearly a century (the photograh in his office where he's seen holding her hand shows date as 1912). With arrival of Lockhart she (somehow) became fertile and Volmer married her to continue pure bloodline.

The mortality is achieved by making people drink the Eels and somehow this process extracts the 'Cure' that we see in the blue bottles.

Questions: -
  • Volmer. How was his face mutilated?
  • The cure. It only cures mortality or age progression too? Seems age progression too.
  • Eels. What is their role in the cure. How they impact anything?
  • The cure and it's side effect. Seems mind control is one of them. How does Volmer control the minds of the patients. Never seem him doing any gestures to move the crowd.
  • The initial accident. Did it happen or not? Driver seems bruised in a later scene in the Bar but Lockhart was intact apart from the false broken leg.
  • Lockhart was seen force fed the eels. What happened to the eels when they enter human body.
  • Was ther anything in the water? Was the mindcontrol drug in the water?
  • The sauna room scene where the walls kept appearing or disappearing. Was that only illusions of Lockhart or there are any dark magic involved?

Anyway, the movie is conceptualized only on the idea "what if the events in Shutter Island were real?" or "Let's create an alternate universe of Shutter Island wehre things are real".

A very nice concept coupled with beautiful cinematography makes it a must watch. Being a thriller this should have been at least 10-15 min short. Nonetheless a must watch material.

Top Bottom