Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quagmire

Allllright !
Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - 6/10

VFX - 9/10 - Impressive, you can really see the Marvel universe VFX grow.. Little less or on par with Doctor Strange..
3D - 8/10 - Some scenes really shine. Dark (low light) scenes are a pain to watch in 3D
Story, Screenplay, Direction - 5/10 - Template story, Screenplay of convenience, repetitive jokes, average direction
Audio and SFX - 8/10 - Awesome Mix is lit.. "Space explosions" are particularly good ironically.

jasku

In the zone
Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - 6/10

VFX - 9/10 - Impressive, you can really see the Marvel universe VFX grow.. Little less or on par with Doctor Strange..
3D - 8/10 - Some scenes really shine. Dark (low light) scenes are a pain to watch in 3D
Story, Screenplay, Direction - 5/10 - Template story, Screenplay of convenience, repetitive jokes, average direction
Audio and SFX - 8/10 - Awesome Mix is lit.. "Space explosions" are particularly good ironically.
Bro averaging your ratings, overall should be 7.5?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bahubali 1 and Bahubali 2
8/10

This is India's Avatar. A 2 page story converted to two large scale movies. Should be watched only for the visuals.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Guardians of The Galaxy 2 5/10
Although the VFX are amazing and baby Groot is super adorable the film just lacks the fun quotient the first one had. Jokes feel forced most of the time and story is average to say the least.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Completely agree. Also for those who have basic knowledge of Marvel main characters,the main villain's back story & origin are completely different from comic books & was a big turnoff.I just hope they don't mess up like this with Avengers Infinity War movies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Joker 9/10

Only the duration made me deduct one point. Go watch it.
First time in my life I listened to tamil songs willingly only because of the beautiful tune.

Nothing in this movie is unnecessary or out of place. Just perfect.

icebags

Technomancer
Alien covenant - 7.5/10

creepy and gory, but very much well made for the sequel of Prometheus. would have been better if gore was a bit less, it was kinda shocking at some aspects. otherwise must watch for alien watchers.
watched this, over guardians of the galaxy this week end. much enjoyable on a serious note.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Alien covenant - 7.5/10

creepy and gory, but very much well made for the sequel of Prometheus. would have been better if gore was a bit less, it was kinda shocking at some aspects. otherwise must watch for alien watchers.
watched this, over guardians of the galaxy this week end. much enjoyable on a serious note.
Gore....Hmm added to my List

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Alien covenant - 7.5/10

creepy and gory, looks like this is the movie prometheus should have been, its in my watch list now, when ever the Bluray comes out

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Back after a long time. The forum looks different now and hopefully for the better. I kinda personally liked the previous design as it was more simplistic but maybe in time I'll get used to it. It looks better on phone though.

Watched Personal Shopper recently. Not your average horror movie. So don't go in expecting jump scares or gory scenes and as such. It's one of those genre mash up films; a horror mystery thriller drama about a girl who's a medium, trying to contact her dead brother who was also a medium, because of a promise they made to each other that whoever dies first would contact the other from the other side :p. It's not for everyone. I found the genre mashup to be very well executed at times, at times confusing and overwhelming, sometimes even boring but ultimately a satisfying experience. The film has an overall creepy feel to it and I also found it to be weirdly disturbing at times. There was especially one scene that I think was probably one of the most well executed horror movie scenes in recent memory. You know it's coming but it still gives you the chills regardless. Also, Kristen Stewart does a fantastic job and absolutely sells her character. You may or may not like it but still worth a look. 7 / 10.

Top Bottom