Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
I watched Prison Break series only..Any other TV-Series (Completed) better to watch like good thrill and tense..!!!

Loads of TV series, head back to the TV series discuession thread, I keep posting there all worth TV series I have watched

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
One movie i missed to watched..
Her (2013)
Anybody watched it?? Sci fi love story. Do watch it. I watched its review when film released in 2013, on regional news channel.

It's a beautiful movie. Music, cinematography, story, acting...everything is excellent. There are not many movies where you feel everything is done excellently.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched Moon (2009). Great movie. Gave me Black Mirror like vibes. Definitely recommended to any sci-fi fans.

One of my fav movie.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Life is Beautiful - 7/10

Beautiful acting and cinematography.
I have no idea why this movie is tagged as a Comedy in popular movie review sites.
While overall a very sweet and simple movie, I would term this as a tragedy with elements of comedy.

Can anyone please explain why so many people would have termed this as a comedy? I would like to have a constructive argument about the same.

Raman Raghav 2.0 - 6/10

World class, awe inducing acting by Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Direction is good, typical Anurag Kashyap style. Story is okayish.
There are some true cringe inducing moments.

One time watch.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Pretty average flick with some irritating moments. Only for people who have not seen much war movies.

Well I have watched like truc loads of gazzliens or war movies, .... and I lovd it ....MY TAKE ..... you boat couldnt float ,..YOUR TAKE ... :D :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've few movies off late...I'll come back with more details later.

Till then leave you here with this.

Mastram 5.5/10

As per IMDB "Mastram is a 2014 Bollywood "fictional biography" film"

The movie released in 2014 and since then I was looking for a good print. The DVD never released and the copy I got was poorly edited.
At times did not have any sound. Not even hall print I'm sure of it.

A good concept ruined by poor editing (at least the copy I saw). The conflict was predictable but they did not pay much importance to the resolution. Had a good scope of drama there.
Commendable job by lead actor Rahul Bagga and whoever acted as his friend.

kundalus

Broken In
Akira - 4/10

Predictable plot, slow movie, needed more strong characters in lead roles, Anurag Kashyap at his best. Felt the message is lost by the time movie ends. Direction is OK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shreeux

Movie Buff
Akira - 4/10

Predictable plot, slow movie, needed more strong characters in lead roles, Anurag Kashyap at his best. Felt the message is lost by the time movie ends. Direction is OK.

Its remake of the Tamil sleeper hit Mouna Guru (2011) . This movie has already been remade in Kannada and Telugu.
Director Murugadoss take risk switch leading role to Hindi was a woman-oriented played by Sonakshi...Instead of hero oriented subject buy Arulnidhi’s role.

Still not watched Akira..!!!

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Conjuring 2 7.5/10

Has some good "My house" moment! apart from climax scene was at per with first part.

There is a scene where the demon appears in Ed's study. It closes all doors, all windows, then appears from a shadow. Walks all walls and merges with the portrait that Ed had drawn earlier. This is such a well crafted scene and creates a environment of horror perfectly.
The very next scene spoiled it for me.
Then the ghost holds the portrait with both of it's hands infront of it's face and runs towards Lorraine. This felt stupid for me. Felt like those MEMEs where dogs gets stuck with a frame or cone and start running fanatically here and there.
I would have preferred the ghost emerges from the portrait with the face that ED had drawn and ran towards Lorraine.

The Absent One 7/10

Everything was going good until Kimmie just showed up at climax. A bollywood cliched ending.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1
and
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2

7/10 for each. Good execution. Batman vs Superman action was better handled than the live action movie.

London has fallen 5/10

Avoid if you can. Nothing special.

Suicide Squad 6/10

The most incoherent movie of all times may be. Joker is just wasted. A good opportunity is wasted.

The whole movie was made taking audience for granted. This is comparable to "No-man's sky" game. Only problem is that none are going to give us back our money.

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Absent One 7/10

Everything was going good until Kimmie just showed up at climax. A bollywood cliched ending.

Don't miss the prequel movie "The Keeper of Lost Causes (2013)" and final release "A Conspiracy of Faith (2016)". If not watched.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Kill Command - one of those very well made low budget sci fi movie... Has a predatorish feel to it. Also District 9ish. Good entertainer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom