Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I follow this site.
Scripts | F.i.g.h.t C.l.u.b
They have movie screenplay for only those movies that they like.
Thanks for the link Rhitwick. Yeah seems like all those are reviewer's movies. I was expecting popular actors (SRK, Aamir, Hrithik) movies. And the collection is about a handful of movies.
But finally got something, I doubted if I ever find one.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys... I have been trying to remember a movie, but so far unsuccessful. Please help.

I saw this movie years ago, so I remember nothing, except a little premise of the story. The movie was about a man and his father. Throughout his life the father use to tell his son incredible stories. And son use to listen them with awe. Then one day the son started doubting over his stories and thereby starts a quest to find the reality of the stories.
I don't actually remember what happens in the end, but I guess it doesn't become clear whether the stories were real or not. But the son does get a satisfactory answer.

Does any of it rings any bell?

Sounds like the movie "Big Fish" directed by Tim Burton. *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I remember this movies which I watched long back when I was in school.
A sister and her young brother will be there and she will have a step mother.
All of sudden something starts coming from their walls some kind of ghosts and their step mother is involved in it.
They guy who is with step mother will be back of the girl.

Any idea which movie could this be?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sounds like the movie "Big Fish" directed by Tim Burton. *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish

Oh Yes!! That's it. Thanks man.
Got to watch this soon.

On more offtopic note, TVF Pitchers is a damn good web series deserved to be watched by everyone here. It's about people who quit their well paying job to do their own startup.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Spooks:The Greater Good (2015) - 10/10

"The good ones tends not to last well, We have to protect them" is one line I like most in the movie.

Plot Summary:When a terrorist escapes custody during a routine handover, Will Holloway must team with disgraced MI5 Intelligence Chief Harry Pearce to track him down before an imminent terrorist attack on London.

PS: The Director is an Indian by name Bharat Nalluri...

quan chi

mortal kombat
Iqbal
Highly overrated movie in IMDB. Compared to chak de this movie is almost an average. Character development is poor for some characters, characters don't connect properly, average dialogues & the thrill moment is missing which is an essential part of a sports movie. Things are happening in this movie just for the sake of happening.
Overall this is somewhere between average & good.

ashs1

Padawan
A time to kill - 6.5/10
The movie is based on John grisham's novel.( same name). So as far as plot goes, it is decent, though the book is much better due to incredible and perfect detailing by the author.
I felt the pace of the book was a bit better..
In the acting dept, it scores greatly..consists of Matthew McConaughey, Samuel Jackson, Sandra Bullock and Kevin spacey..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Lakshmi 7/10

Verdict: This is one movie for which Nagesh Kukunoor should be remembered. Shocking, brutal but at times plain bland fact. Not for weak hearted.

Full review posted here
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-5.html#post2258115

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - 8/10 - Loved this movie. There is time travel. But the execution takes the cake. And it just keeps on holding viewer's attention. You can note down a list of things which makes a movie right.

Patema Inverted - 6.7/10 - Could have been an absolutely great movie but feels like something is missing. There are parts where you will be completely in awe. Two worlds with opposite gravity.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dracula Reborn (2015) - 2/10

Plot Summary:Three journalists travel from Vancouver to Transylvania to uncover the truth about Dracula. The trio's determination end up costing them their lives.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys, need help

I have got this movie The Pool
but having tough time getting the English subtitles.

the movie is in Dutch language.

Top Bottom