Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
Thani Oruvan (2015) 7/10
U | 160 min | Action, Thriller | 28 August 2015 (India)
Saw this last week. A different take on the types of Action-Thriller which exists in Kollywood. Though i feel the movie would've been a great success if some A-listed-actor acted in the place of Jayam Ravi.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The man from U.N.C.L.E 6.5/10

The movie is boring saving few scenes.
There are few good one liners and genuine comic moments. Chase sequences are good too but few and far netween.

Seemed incoherent to me.

One time watch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I watched Frequencies last night, the much debated movie a few pages back here.
I didn't find it hard to follow. It was a good watch with some nice metaphysical concepts. Last movie which made me feel like what Frequencies did was Mr Nobody, but Mr Nobody surpasses a lot in that terms and have high bar, so Frequencies was just ok in comparison.

I also got to know about the movie "Upside Down" which also seems good. On my watchlist.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Now days, all Indian directors copy core script of Korean Movies and made as per indian culture.., Made well rich and fame.,

Assumption is the mother of all f..ps

Before that, you must watch both movies...and then review..!!!
Buddy All means generalizing. I'm not sure why bashing hindi movies is a trend sometimes by some folks here.
I understand that most of the Hindi movies/Indian movies are not good or have been lifted from some language.
But that doesn't mean everybody does that.
There are quite a number of movies made in English which were originally either Korean or other language.
That doesn't mean all English movies makers do copy.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Happening (2008) - 8/10

Plot Summary:A science teacher, his wife, and a young girl struggle to survive a plague that causes those infected to commit suicide.

Unbreakable (2000) -8/10

Plot Summary:A man learns something extraordinary about himself after a devastating accident.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So I watched Frequencies last night, the much debated movie a few pages back here.
I didn't find it hard to follow. It was a good watch with some nice metaphysical concepts. Last movie which made me feel like what Frequencies did was Mr Nobody, but Mr Nobody surpasses a lot in that terms and have high bar, so Frequencies was just ok in comparison.

I also got to know about the movie "Upside Down" which also seems good. On my watchlist.

Watch Pontypool.

Upside Down got Sigur Ros music. Good stuff. I will keep it in queue.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean all English movies makers do copy.

The only difference is that English movie makers give credit to the original Korean, Japanese, Thai etc movies.

Not the same with Indian movie makers. They just blatantly copy and pretend that they doled out some original masterpiece.

- - - Updated - - -

The man from U.N.C.L.E 6.5/10

The movie is boring saving few scenes.
There are few good one liners and genuine comic moments. Chase sequences are good too but few and far netween.

Seemed incoherent to me.

One time watch.

That cheesy title is a deterrent.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I watched all the SAW movies
SAW I - 9/10
SAW II - 8/10
SAW III - 6/10
SAW IV - 5/10
SAW V - 7/10
SAW VI - 8/10
SAW VII - 7/10
Good series overall.

R2K

In the Zone
Limitless
Nightcrawler

Both are really inspiring and motivational but characters don't give a rat's a$$ about ethics and morality when it comes to reaching their goals.
But again really inspiring and motivational.

Top Bottom