Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

A

amit.tiger12

hunterrr is not Marathi movie...
it's hindi movie made by Marathi people... :)
Most cast and crew were Marathi... made in Maharashtra.. :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
what's the name of the Marathi movie? Agreed, it could have been a bit kid friendly but the character itself demanded that :D

hunterrr is not Marathi movie...
it's hindi movie made by Marathi people... :)
Most cast and crew were Marathi... made in Maharashtra.. :)

^yup. Sure it is a sex comedy, but it is never sleazy or cheap, so I think it is still kid friendly, and that it got an A rating only for theme.

Saw Avengers Age of Ultron Again

Think it was pretty clear by the end what sides everyone would be on in Civil War. Whatever happens in Civil War, Ultron showed enough times that Iron Man and Cpt America had a little bit of a bromance going.

So Hulk and Thor are AWOL

Tony Stark, Hawkeye, on one side. Think Black Panther and Crossbones will be on this side just to even things out.

Falcon, Cpt America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and War Machine on one side

going by what little we have seen of Vision, I think he will not be choosing a side

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
London, Paris, New York 6/10

Ali Zafar looked pretentious with his weird way of dialog delivery in the whole movie apart from the last outburst scene. He just killed that scene with right amount of emotion, anger, frustration, sadness....in all brilliant. Well that is the only part I felt he could have future in acting at all.

Aditi Rao Hydari can't act to save her life.

The story is not realistic, well no bollywood love story ever felt realistic. What am I even complaining. But still, 3 days and you break your marriage?!!
Well good for you but being an ardent fan of bollywood version of rom-coms and SRK branded love stories, even that was hard to swallow for me.

Only plus point I would say is the dialogues, very casual and light and keeps things in ground reality.

Ghost Town 7.3/10

This is the original of the awful hindi remake "Hum Tum aur Ghost" which I happened to see earlier (Yeah, I do such misadventures in my life that I'm not proud about).
I've always came upon on this title in my "Horror" folder and skipped it remembering how bad the hindi movie was and also the fact that I already knew about this movie. Today, I was bored and thought of giving this a try.
And, I was surprised how good and refreshing it was. A bit sincerity and staying honest with your story just brings out different outcome . I don't know what happens to Indian movie thieves who shamelessly copy foreign movies and insult them by trying to do better. They think by making them shiny, smart, classy they are making a better movie, but no, you're not.
This is a good romantic movie, borrows few ideas from "Sixth Sense" but with different execution. Certainly does not deserve to be in my "horror" folder!

A

amit.tiger12

Anything good playing now apart from Age of Ultron?

now showing
Hot Pursuit (2015)
Piku (2015)
Timepass 2 (2015) (marathi)

upcoming movies this week & month

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
Tomorrowland (2015)
San Andreas (2015)
Welcome to Karachi (2015)
Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015)
Aga Bai Arechyaa 2 (2015) (marathi)
Siddhant (2015) (marathi)
A Paying Ghost (2015) (marathi)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Piku - 8/10

A wonderful film after a long time. There is so much to meaningful in the movie. And the acting is top notch.

A must watch.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Piku - 8/10

A wonderful film after a long time. There is so much to meaningful in the movie. And the acting is top notch.

A must watch.

A brief synopsis about the movie would be of help!

- - - Updated - - -

Guys any good suggestions for whodunnit theme movies?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=134188]shreeux[/MENTION]

Do you keep a list of the movies you watched ? If so, please share.

ashs1

Padawan
The fugitive - 7/10

Worth a watch for Tommy Lee Jones's wonderful acting..
Plot is simple.. Harrison Ford gets convicted for a crime he didn't commit.. What happens next is the story.

Batman : assault on Arkham - 9/10
What a great flick!!! Its a sequel of the famous game batman : Arkham city. Animations and graphics are very similar to the game. Those who have played the game will immediately recognize the similarities.

Must must must watch.!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Batman : assault on Arkham - 9/10
What a great flick!!! Its a sequel of the famous game batman : Arkham city. Animations and graphics are very similar to the game. Those who have played the game will immediately recognize the similarities.

Must must must watch.!!

Thanks. Gonna watch it next. :thumbs:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
A brief synopsis about the movie would be of help!

im bad at synopsis. so im just going to copy pasta imdb here:
A quirky comedy about the relationship between ageing father and his young daughter, living in a cosmopolitan city, dealing with each other's conflicting ideologies while being fully aware that they are each other's only emotional support.

Top Bottom