Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ashs1

Padawan
NH 10 : 7/10
Atlast, i saw this movie yesterday.. a lot of people were praising this movie & i can see why.. Plot is terrifying, yet simple : couple get entangled with unwanted persons who were involved in honour killing. Their survival is the plot. The first 60 mins was gripping, but it slightly slowed after that..Nevertheless, Wonderful movie. Thankfully, not a lot of songs in this movie :p

I wonder if situations are really this bad in the haryana villages or was this bada chada k dikhana ???

Superman vs the Elite : 5.5/10
very predictable story... The group elite is inspired by superman & wants to save the world, but their moral thinking is different than superman, which causes differences between them.

Superman Unbound : 5.8/10
This one was marginally better than the above movie due to the superior voice acting( personal choice..my friends didn't like them though :).. Plot-wise, Superman-brainiac made it average..one time watch perhaps.. Animation was extremely good though. :)

Next on the List :

Justice league : Wars
Son of Batman
Justice league : throne of atlantis
Batman : assualt on arkham

ashs1

Padawan
Add "Batman Vs Robin" too.

Oh yeah..that as well..that was the latest one right ??

Hi ashs1,

Its combination of Eden Lake (2008) and Wolf Creek (2005)

Pls watch this movies..if not...,

Added on my list bro.. will watch them. :)

Justice League : War - 8/10

A new storyline showing the initial formation of JLA. Plot is simple with no unpredictable twists..
The best thing about this movie :

1. The Humour - This was the first JLA movie where i had a few chuckles. Green Lantern( Justin kirk) was incredibly good...almost as good as fillion( maybe even better )..
2. Animation : Probably the best animated movie of JLA i've seen so far..Much better than Superman unbound...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Avengers : Age of Ultron 7/10

It was better co-ordinated that last movie. More action less drama but climax action is not satisfactory.

I thought Ultron would fight back one more time with more power but meh!

And, what happened to Banner's own gf. They never touched on that side in avengers storyline?

- - - Updated - - -

More over, some core contents of movie...like Korean Movies...

"Sympathy for Mr. vengeance" is the name you are looking for.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Age of Ultron
really liked it, including the ending. Is my favorite avengers movie.
Watch in 3D. This was the first time where the parallax effect was more than what the human eyes could see, but it was not distracting (In Hobbit it was). Only thing is there was a little bit of mental pressure as your eyes adjusted to going wider apart and coming closer together if there was a sudden cut from wide angle to close up.
The diorama at the end was awesome. Hope they sell it, or at least someone should make a 3d printed version. Donno who the new avengers were. Whole theater spasmed when Vision casually picked up the Hammer. Was hoping that they would put quicksilver together again :( The twins never confronted Stark, so that was another thing I was hoping for. The action sequence at the start was epic. To me Hawkeye was the hero of this film, he held it together, and really liked that he was given the footage.

They never touched on that side in avengers storyline?

They kind of did
Veronica was for Betty
'Hunter' - 7/10 Songs are nice, a good watch

yup, it's a Marathi movie made in Hindi. Or at least, the whole cast and crew were from Marathi movies.
thing is, they could have tweaked it jusst a little bit and made it kid friendly as well.

ashs1

Padawan
Watched son of batman yesterday.. Was ok for most part.. Mostly predictable..imo, They showed deathstroke very weak.

&btw, talia looked
Son of batman : 5.8/10

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Running Scared - 5.8/10

I thought the movie had a great premise and would had been much better if it was kept a little realistic and not too much happening. Paul Walker is quite good in this.

abhidev

Human Spambot
yup, it's a Marathi movie made in Hindi. Or at least, the whole cast and crew were from Marathi movies.
thing is, they could have tweaked it jusst a little bit and made it kid friendly as well.

what's the name of the Marathi movie? Agreed, it could have been a bit kid friendly but the character itself demanded that :D

A

amit.tiger12

hunterrr is not Marathi movie...
it's hindi movie made by Marathi people... :)
Most cast and crew were Marathi... made in Maharashtra.. :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
what's the name of the Marathi movie? Agreed, it could have been a bit kid friendly but the character itself demanded that :D

hunterrr is not Marathi movie...
it's hindi movie made by Marathi people... :)
Most cast and crew were Marathi... made in Maharashtra.. :)

^yup. Sure it is a sex comedy, but it is never sleazy or cheap, so I think it is still kid friendly, and that it got an A rating only for theme.

Saw Avengers Age of Ultron Again

Think it was pretty clear by the end what sides everyone would be on in Civil War. Whatever happens in Civil War, Ultron showed enough times that Iron Man and Cpt America had a little bit of a bromance going.

So Hulk and Thor are AWOL

Tony Stark, Hawkeye, on one side. Think Black Panther and Crossbones will be on this side just to even things out.

Falcon, Cpt America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and War Machine on one side

going by what little we have seen of Vision, I think he will not be choosing a side

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
London, Paris, New York 6/10

Ali Zafar looked pretentious with his weird way of dialog delivery in the whole movie apart from the last outburst scene. He just killed that scene with right amount of emotion, anger, frustration, sadness....in all brilliant. Well that is the only part I felt he could have future in acting at all.

Aditi Rao Hydari can't act to save her life.

The story is not realistic, well no bollywood love story ever felt realistic. What am I even complaining. But still, 3 days and you break your marriage?!!
Well good for you but being an ardent fan of bollywood version of rom-coms and SRK branded love stories, even that was hard to swallow for me.

Only plus point I would say is the dialogues, very casual and light and keeps things in ground reality.

Ghost Town 7.3/10

This is the original of the awful hindi remake "Hum Tum aur Ghost" which I happened to see earlier (Yeah, I do such misadventures in my life that I'm not proud about).
I've always came upon on this title in my "Horror" folder and skipped it remembering how bad the hindi movie was and also the fact that I already knew about this movie. Today, I was bored and thought of giving this a try.
And, I was surprised how good and refreshing it was. A bit sincerity and staying honest with your story just brings out different outcome . I don't know what happens to Indian movie thieves who shamelessly copy foreign movies and insult them by trying to do better. They think by making them shiny, smart, classy they are making a better movie, but no, you're not.
This is a good romantic movie, borrows few ideas from "Sixth Sense" but with different execution. Certainly does not deserve to be in my "horror" folder!

Top Bottom