Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
The ads were made to make people aware of this basic things which people learn in their primary standard textbook. Unfortunately like you said govt only shows the ad & considers the job done. Strict rules should be made for maintaining hygiene all over the city. Behaving good with foreigners. If you see the history you will find many instances where people behaved bad even with our fellow neighbours like chinese & the japnese.

Its not that only most of the people in this country are bad. people in other countries are bad too but may not be to this extent. Why don't we open a thread & people who have experience on foreign travels share their experience there.

good idea, create something called "Digitians overseas travel thread" or something like that, i think many ppl here would love to share their exp. and i will read instead, since have no such exp. :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gone Girl 8/10

I've thought about the movie in different ways; thought from Amy's perspective, from Nick's perspective.
Tried to think of a closure, tried to think of a perfect get-back but couldn't.
And, this makes me angry, from anger I then start finding loopholes and discontinuity in the movie.

It starts slow, like really S L O W. Then it picks up the pace post intermission (I guessed it, might be just mid of movie)

I've few questions most would go into spoiler but one I can leave open...

Why such realistic ending to such non-realistic plot? I mean, look at Amy's story and then consider Nicks fate at end of movie.
I mean, I've few of my own answers for that but lets hear what you all have to say

1> She actually planned to kill herself!!! I mean, is that even a good plan? She plotted the whole thing for almost 1.5 years ago (remember what she told when mentioning about insurance renewal? She did it 1.5 years ago and that was part of her plan. She had put enough evidence to put him in jail. How about cutting few fingers and hide it in some search-able places? I think thats better than "kill self" plan!!!

2> How did she become pregnant? I can clearly recall he told he did not even touch her let alone fcuk, then he demanded DNA test, blood test, paternity test and in reply to that she said "I love tests"!!! And he just accepts the baby as his?!!! Why? What did she actually meant when she said "I love tests". Am I missing something.

3> Why did Nick let go of the lawyer? He could have asked him to trace her footsteps. She said to check the CCTV footages from the house but they would sure miss her first one week. They required to corroborate her story with things that found....

I'm basically angry that Nick could not take revenge on her, and my questions reflect that :(

quan chi

mortal kombat
A good sequel to 2001: a space odyssey. Unfortunately it has been slightly underrated. Its well above average even if we compare it to the original. Even If you have not liked the original then chances are you may like this one. Overall its good, interesting & must watch if you liked 2001 or if you like similar kind of movies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A walk among tombstones 5.5/10

This movie serves nothing new to you. Not a good thriller, not a good action movie, not noir and unnecessary slow-mo and collage of cityscape.

Chef 6/10

A decent light movie. Can check it out.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gone Girl 8/10

I've thought about the movie in different ways; thought from Amy's perspective, from Nick's perspective.
Tried to think of a closure, tried to think of a perfect get-back but couldn't.
And, this makes me angry, from anger I then start finding loopholes and discontinuity in the movie.

It starts slow, like really S L O W. Then it picks up the pace post intermission (I guessed it, might be just mid of movie)

I've few questions most would go into spoiler but one I can leave open...

Why such realistic ending to such non-realistic plot? I mean, look at Amy's story and then consider Nicks fate at end of movie.
I mean, I've few of my own answers for that but lets hear what you all have to say

1> She actually planned to kill herself!!! I mean, is that even a good plan? She plotted the whole thing for almost 1.5 years ago (remember what she told when mentioning about insurance renewal? She did it 1.5 years ago and that was part of her plan. She had put enough evidence to put him in jail. How about cutting few fingers and hide it in some search-able places? I think thats better than "kill self" plan!!!

2> How did she become pregnant? I can clearly recall he told he did not even touch her let alone fcuk, then he demanded DNA test, blood test, paternity test and in reply to that she said "I love tests"!!! And he just accepts the baby as his?!!! Why? What did she actually meant when she said "I love tests". Am I missing something.

3> Why did Nick let go of the lawyer? He could have asked him to trace her footsteps. She said to check the CCTV footages from the house but they would sure miss her first one week. They required to corroborate her story with things that found....

I'm basically angry that Nick could not take revenge on her, and my questions reflect that :(
Time to read the book! :)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Solaris (2002)
unfortunately I saw this remake, however its not a must not watch film. Its not good either. You may see it once if you are curious.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
PK 5/10 - movie does not have anything new, if you have seen Oh My God (which was much better than this one) then this movie has nothing great to give.

Its not upto the standard of 3 Idiots or Munnabhai MBBS. Movie only focuses on superstition in Hinduism, however Islam and Christianity also has many superstitions which they have not shown,

Overall movie has nothing to offer apart from few occasional laughs

- - - Updated - - -

Predestination 8/10 - very good movie must watch

- - - Updated - - -

Linga 7/10 - I saw this only for Rajnikant, and he still does a wonderful work in his roles, good movie and after watchiing i came to know that the worlds first dam was built by a king Kalikaran Cholan on Kaveri river, and it is still working after a thousand year,

ajayritik

Technomancer
Linga 7/10 - I saw this only for Rajnikant, and he still does a wonderful work in his roles, good movie and after watchiing i came to know that the worlds first dam was built by a king Kalikaran Cholan on Kaveri river, and it is still working after a thousand year,
Seriously? Are you a Rajnikanth fan?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Seriously? Are you a Rajnikanth fan?

i dont understand any south indian language, i am from western part of india, but i believe the best movies in india are made by people in South India,

and i like south movies, i am not a die hard fan but i like Kamal Hasan and Rajnikant, They both are great actors and great human beings

ajayritik

Technomancer
i dont understand any south indian language, i am from western part of india, but i believe the best movies in india are made by people in South India,

and i like south movies, i am not a die hard fan but i like Kamal Hasan and Rajnikant, They both are great actors and great human beings
I have heard the movie is not that great and also it's flopped miserably at box office.
I personally feel both the actors had some great movies as well as performances in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think either of them hav any great movie that released in the recent past.

Flash

Lost in speed
Main reason of Linga flop:
The Climax flight. Even Rajini fans regrets Rajini acting in that stunt sequence.

Top Bottom