Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is it ok to watch with family?
Come on... It's an Indian film, it would be more like PG or PG-13 equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't poop next day in disgust :|
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess everyone have rated some movies with a major difference from the general consensus.
Yes, there were movies which are highly rated buy I didn't find them that impressive, like The Godfather, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... And there are movies I really hate to watch it, Fight Club, Mulholland Dr., Lost Highway... And there is this movie, I gone sick (yes really gone sick) after few minutes of watching it, Cloverfield. This is only movie I remember I walked out in the mid way.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Yeah 4/10 for wall-e ? Die pls.

lol .. Die really ?
Does your taste in movies completely conforms with the imdb ratings ?

Then a million other Indians should die as well, Jab Tak Hai Jaan or that crap got 8+ rating on IMDB and I watched it because of that. I couldn't poop next day in disgust :|

I haven't watched that movie, But you can't take imdb or any other persons rating and hope that you'll like it as much as they did unless you know that person has exact taste in movie as you.

I see many people hate The Godfather, but come one you can't really blame anyone.

He Gave Forrest Gump 4/10 :-o

Is there any movie in the imdb rated 8 or above that you'd rate 4 or low ? or vice versa ?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Highway 6/10
I had zero expectations from this movie. Was expecting some kind of boring documentary type movie. But I had a pleasant surprise.
Pretty Good movie I should say.Liked the setup etc. Performances were good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Then a million other Indians should die as well, Jab Tak Hai Jaan or that crap got 8+ rating on IMDB and I watched it because of that. I couldn't poop next day in disgust :|

Only Second movie in my history of watching movies at theater that made me sleep in the theater. I would blame my wife for that and not IMDB.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I haven't watched that movie, But you can't take imdb or any other persons rating and hope that you'll like it as much as they did unless you know that person has exact taste in movie as you.
I or anyone can take IMDB ratings as a reference. It's not a vote of one person, not two, not three but a lot of persons!

Taste might differ but there should be a minimum amount of generalisation, especially when you're in the stage of watching a movie and then go to IMDB to rate it. This is not Superman vs Batman thing that you're a fan of one and hate the other.

PS : I see that JTHJ's rating has been fallen to 7.1, it's a very good thing to see people are getting tasteful.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ *www.bunnyrace.com/public/image/smiley/surprise.png 1500 films.... Including Hindi movies and other regional language movies, right?

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I have rated 1,121 .... Though I am sure I must have seen close to 1500 movies, there are still couple of 100 movies I have no rated coz IMDB did not exist at that time and I started tracking my movies at quite a later stage.

*www.imdb.com/user/ur2782572/ratings?ref_=nv_usr_rt_4

That's a huge load of movies & only one movie with perfect 10.... cool

It sucks that you can't sort the list by the users rating. The best way is to download the excel & then sort.
Thanks for sharing. Looking at your list & ratings, I'm interested in watching "The Killer" now.

^ *www.bunnyrace.com/public/image/smiley/surprise.png 1500 films.... Including Hindi movies and other regional language movies, right?

I don't think so. He has only English movies in there. Atleast I didn't find any in there.

icebags

Technomancer

all english & foreign. to say, i think i have seen near about 1k films in last 15 years also.

15-20 films in theatre in a year easily makes 250 in there ..... wait, does that min i have spent 250x100=25k just to watch films in theatre ? :chinscratch:

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Bloody hell! I just rated 54 movies, must have watched over 300. Should rate more :|

*www.imdb.com/user/ur22610034/ratings?ref_=nv_usr_rt_4

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
2states- 5/10
Ragini mms 2-3.5/10
Captain america tws-7/10
paranormal activity marked ones-7/10
Thor the dark world-6/10

- - - Updated - - -

2states- 5/10
Ragini mms 2-3.5/10(sry must be in non-recommended)
Captain america tws-7/10
paranormal activity marked ones-7/10
American Hustle-6.5/10
Thor the dark world-6/10

TheHumanBot

Padawan
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1687247/ Life In A Day 10/10 must watch from me. has all the emotional elements.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304 Tree of life Another 10/10 from me. awesome visuals.

how much The Shawshank Redemption (1994) deserves ? i rated 6 :p

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Yes you can sort, u have to be a registered user. When you have the list opened, on the right side it gives you sort by.
Just choose "Your rating" and the list will be sorted per users rating, else tell me how did you manage to find my 10 rated movie ..???
Did you use the excel method,,??

Yes, I saved it to excel & then sorted by your rating.

I meant you cannot sort other peoples list by their ratings. (I can sort my list by my rating but I can't sort your list by your rating) . Not sure if there is a way.

Make sure you have original print with proper 5.1 sound and as much big screen ... :), else this might turn up like just another action movie.
Its got mind blowing slow mo action sequences and it would not be justified to see this movie with poor A/V quality.

Thanks.. Cheers.

Is there an option for that? I don't see any... Or is it only for registered users?

Yeah , I think its for registered in users only. I checked in another browser without logging in & I can't find it there.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Wow how did you land up watching this movie, this is one twisted tale of sex, intelligence and charisma. Not for everyone.
Well Involvement of india got my attention. :)
I really feel ashamed when I see how most of the western filmmakers show india in their films. I know that is the bitter/naked truth but come on.. every coin has two sides. Atleast for a change show some better parts too.

Top Bottom