Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Thalaivaa - 8.5/10

Mass Entertainer , Nice twist around half time .

Same old story . Some cliche moments .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalaivaa

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rhitwick this time i am sorry i have to say you are carrying this fanboyism of yours too much. From next time please state specifically you are rating for what? The movie or srk! Btw i am not a hater nor a lover of any specific actor i just see their work.

7/10 for chennai express?
Then why not 9/10 for golamaal series by rohit shetty.
Singham would then score 9.5/10.
Dude, its too much. Did you go for this movie by getting influenced my review. I guess not.
Then why blame me. You all know I'm a fanboy and this is how my reviews would be for any SRK movie.
Deal with it!

And I'm going to bold few parts of my review, hope that would clear up few things.

Chennai Express 7/10

Cast: You all know!
Duration: 142 minutes

After a long time SRK did a movie where neither he nor the director tried to achieve anything but entertainment. Throughout the movie none tried to take anything seriously and that works.
You already know there wouldn't be anything new so hardly any disappointment.

Movie starts well, light slapstick jokes (and you would laugh on few of them for sure). Till intermission its all good. After intermission the movie drags a bit and slows down but picks up at the end. The climax is also predictable.

+ve points : SRK, Deepika (with every movie she's proving she can act, she's becoming a complete package day-by-day, my best wishes to her), beautiful cinematography, very (I say very very) colourful set design, comedy (few old and few new jokes)
-ve points : It seemed a Tamil movie with occasional hindi dialogs, screenplay (noticeable holes in story; still better story than JTHJ and Ra.One)

Verdict: Those of you are going to watch it, you already know what you are going to watch. Those of you are still not sure if you should watch it, let me tell you...you know its story. And those of you whose only reason of discarding this movie is SRK well stay away from it, may be.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dude, its too much. Did you go for this movie by getting influenced my review. I guess not.
Then why blame me. You all know I'm a fanboy and this is how my reviews would be for any SRK movie.
Deal with it!

And I'm going to bold few parts of my review, hope that would clear up few things.

No I am not blaming you but yes this(see the below quote) part is true. Maybe my mistake.
Dude, its too much. Did you go for this movie by getting influenced my review.

@Quan, what were you expecting from a movie like CE, I am surprised that you even took that huge leap of faith and actually went to see this movie. It had disaster written all over it right from its first promo day.

SRK has gone towards proper main stream cinema doesn't give a rats ass about the quality of the movie or the script. (it should earn money, thats all and it will, with the kind of fan following SRK has and the crap we audience have accepted to take.) In recent time I have lost quite a respect for this actor.
Like i said it was a mistake. Yes i agree on the other part too. SRK fits more in serious roles like chak de. In this movie he makes fun of his previous films which really wasn't funny at all.

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ rhitwick if you are a real fanboy of SRK you need to watch Guddu, Oh Darling Yeh Hai India, Zamaana Deewana, Maya Memsaab, Raam Jaane,Chahat back to back without any breaks. Preferably each of them twice.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No I am not blaming you but yes this(see the below quote) part is true. Maybe my mistake.

I'm sorry but as I mentioned earlier and pointed in bold too about my views on this movie.

Know for this one thing and it'll be true till I change..... there are three types of movies for me. Good movies, bad movies and SRK's movies.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
The Conjuring : 6/10

Nothing new,good for one time watch.
Would completely agree with you on this. Just back from the movie.
Rhitwick this time i am sorry i have to say you are carrying this fanboyism of yours too much. From next time please state specifically you are rating for what? The movie or srk!

Then why not 9/10 for golamaal series by rohit shetty.
Singham would then score 9.5/10.
I wouldn't have put it in better way Thanks Buddy.
So rhitwick sir tore apart Golmaal series and Singham and saying good things about CE? Is it rhitwick? Look who's talking!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ rhitwick if you are a real fanboy of SRK you need to watch Guddu, Oh Darling Yeh Hai India, Zamaana Deewana, Maya Memsaab, Raam Jaane,Chahat back to back without any breaks. Preferably each of them twice.
Have seen
Guddu (Liked it)
Ram Jaane (No inclination on it)
Chahat (oh, I love that movie. Marvelous acting by SRK. Specially last scene. "Mar Narang, mar!" )

Haven't seen,
Oh Darling Yeh Hai India
Zamaana Deewana
Maya Memsaab

ajayritik

Technomancer
Have seen
Guddu (Liked it)
Ram Jaane (No inclination on it)
Chahat (oh, I love that movie. Marvelous acting by SRK. Specially last scene. "Mar Narang, mar!" )

Haven't seen,
Oh Darling Yeh Hai India
Zamaana Deewana
Maya Memsaab
Why don't you watch the above three ASAP.
No inclination on it or for it and why not? You would know Shahrukh Khan's acting Calibre to the top most. I would seriously recommend you to watch it especially if you are his fanboy.
If you like Guddu and Chahat that means you are a true fan or fanboy.

Know for this one thing and it'll be true till I change..... there are three types of movies for me. Good movies, bad movies and SRK's movies.
Please watch the movies I mentioned and you will have another category movies starring SRK which are crap.
So rhitwick sir tore apart Golmaal series and Singham and saying good things about CE? Is it rhitwick? Look who's talking!

I'm waiting for your response on this rhitwick. You didn't like Golmaal series and Singham but liked CE?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Finally, yeah finally, watched The Dark Knight.

Slept at last 2 attempts while watching it. :|

But I enjoyed it. Joker is really Joker, if you know what I mean.

Would give it 7.8/10.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Finally, yeah finally, watched The Dark Night.

Slept at last 2 attempts while watching it. :|

But I enjoyed it. Joker is really Joker, if you know what I mean.

Would give it 7.8/10.

The Dark Knight?

or should I take that as sarcasm, which is quite insulting to a movie like TDK.

amjath

Human Spambot
The conjuring 8/10
Yes it's same old and repetitive but behind every horror movie success there's something called background score, which is too good for movie. Some place it is loud

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Just watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (its animated, not a live action).

9/10

Hope DC makes a live action Flash movie next :D
Fans, it a must watch.

Top Bottom