Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A Thousand Words 6/10

I liked this movie. And really loved Clark Duke's performance as "Aaron Wiseberger". He's just awesome. Yes, in a Eddie Murphy someone else gets to be awesome!

Malegaon ka Superman 8/10

Superb!

Must watch.

reddead

LoSt!
Dark knight rises not up to the mark...
I guess my expectations were way too high after dark knight...

Frankly speaking besides action sequences it didnt at all look like a nolan movie

But still i recommend this to everyone:thumbup:

reddead

LoSt!
The Dark Knight Rises ..... Well, coming straight to the point, for me to begin with TDK was far better than TDKR ....., again not that TDRK was a poor film, it had everything that made the Nolan's Batman franchise so immensely popular, its just that I had high expectations in comparison to the second movie. In that respect TDKR was a let down. TDK had more drama, action and not to forget Joker in itself was a pleasure to watch as villian apart from this ...... there were quite a few ...mmmm I should not call them as plot holes, but certain instances which made me unhappy ..... one of it was ....... when Batman comes out of the Prison Dig Hole ....
He is totally bloked, bagged and broken, still somehow manages to reach the town, that too which is heavily guarded. Movies shows nothing just one cut and he is there, I was like ...@#$%& ... ........there are few others as well, but those might be labeled as nitpicking ....

I will not give this more than 6.8 ..... sorry ... :)

PLUS ....

Plus Robin was adopted by Batman when he was just a kid, and then trains him. I wonder with Batman Dead and Bruce Wayne living, whose gonna train the kid, if at all we are looking at more sequels ....

use spoilers....
BTW how the heck did he come back into gotham after escaping from the well?
and he should have died in the end...

watched
The amazing spiderman-
4.3/5(better and much more realistic than orignal spiderman)
Cocktail-3/5(totally crap)

are you saying amazing SP was better than the old one??:-o:-o

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
About the Batman debate:

Nolan's Batman is/was supposed to be a trilogy. So, we can't just say that *this* is better than *that* and all. As Ico said, "TDK was about intensity and chaos. But Batman Begins is the movie which created the hero/legend. The character transformation. You didn't see this in TDK. That's why I personally like Batman Begins more."
Thats specifically why its a trilogy. And the climax of TDKR is just kickass!! Only "Batman" dies. But his legend remains and symbolizes hope for the people of Gotham.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
An Epic finale to the Batman trilogy.
But i liked TDK more, because of Joker.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@SAM, after a long time, I would say I completely agree with your opinion on TDKR.

And, it was a nuclear explosion of 6 miles radius. I don't know how they would ever explain that Batman escaped it.

And, I would like to believe that Batman still exists in Gotham. He never left his role. I just simply refuse to believe that Robin replaced him. Robin never replaced him in any story.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This one I think I have an answer,
Batman was never in the plane carrying the nuke. It was on Auto pilot. At the end if you notice, cop/scientist explaining Fox that the Auto Pilot was fixed 6 months ago.....and was working. This in itself was an indication that batman was not on the plane, plus it was also a way to let Fox know, Bruce Wayne escaped ......
But,
There is a shot where Batman looks down on Gotham from the jet while going towards sea. I guess, I just have to agree that he escaped long b4 d explosion

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have watched three movies this weekend. All of them are average...

Ip Man - 6/10
The Mechanic - 5/10
Dear John - 5/10

icebags

Technomancer
today i went to see The Amazing Spiderman at last. And it was very enjoyable with a different storyline. Garfield guy was felt a bit normal, whereas Toby has a bit inward and emotional aspect.

It was a good action movie, with awesome 3D. :D

shashankm

I reign hell..
The Departed - 9/10
Scorsese's finest since Goodfellas. Uber fantastic script, brilliant camera work and dialogues are just jussst awesome! Jack Nicholson's another jaw dropping role and Leonardo Di Caprio surprises me each time be it blood diamond or Shutter Island! Though there were few things in plots which I didn't get the logic why they were there, but a breathtaking movie that will keep you on edge with its twists and turns till the climax!

Norwand (North Face) - 9/10
Another edge of the seat thriller depicting the story of two mountaineers and their quest to conquer the North Face of gangly Eiger! Epic movie indeed, stress tension is very high and cinematography is grand, covering beautiful vistas of Switzerland Alps and eiger very well. Based in 1936 it portrays the efforts made by Nazis to conquer the 'Last problem of alps'. A must watch for its cinematography alone!

Top Bottom