Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Wanted
English
Action
this is my favorite movie and I want to everyone watch this if they had never seen
they will really enjoy this...

I could'nt help but smile on your enthusiasm, I welcome you with a happy stay with Hollywood movies all around us in this thread ....

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Lebanon (2009) - A movie shot inside the tank! A bit slow and has its flaws, but quite gripping. If you loved The Hurt Locker, Black Hawk Down, Enemy at the gates, this one's for you. Its just that don't expect too much of action.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Call Northside 777 7.7/10

Another movie on "he-didn't-do-it" theme. (hey, I invented this term. Copyright with me ;-) )

The movie claims its based on a true story.

IN 1932 during unrest, one cop gets killed and two small time crooks are caught for the murder. Gets convicted and gets jail term of 99 yrs. After 11 yrs the case gets reopened by a reporter who was doing a story on the whole thing.

Nice mix of sentiment, thrill and obviously James Stewart

Check this out.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Copyright accepted, except it should be .... "He-didn't-do-it" .......rather done it ,,:)

Lebanon (2009) - A movie shot inside the tank! A bit slow and has its flaws, but quite gripping. If you loved The Hurt Locker, Black Hawk Down, Enemy at the gates, this one's for you. Its just that don't expect too much of action.

If you liked this then definately give a try to The Beast ........ I loved it more than the Lebanon ...... bit similar theam .......

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i have seen this movie(last 30mins) but dnt remember its name...cud u guys help me out.....
a man planes crashes in a jungle & then he roams with a woman naked in this jungle....
then the woman gets caught in jungle tribes...the tribes r canninbals so they eat her..
the man finally escapes...with another frnd in the end...& at last it is written that the author has described the tribal people as real world tribal people living in jungles(africa or sumthing else).......still.....it was very old movie....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Khichdi the movie 8/10

Its a total nonsense fun. For the two long hours I kept on laughing. Its been a long time since the days of "Hot Shots" and "Naked Gun" there has come any clean comedy.

Those who are a regular follower of this comedy series may feel things are repetitive but for audience like me its a great gift in shape of movie.

Please watch this.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Last Airbender - Syamalan is losing it. Its a typical fairytale movie in the league of LOTRs, Narnias, HPs etc... Nothing new really. Room for sequel but hope he doesn't come up with it.

@Sam - Would have loved to watch 'The beast..' but movies prior to 1995 just don't appeal me with rare exceptions. I know I am missing many classics, buts it's just like that :)

hot zubs

live life king like...
Khichdi the movie 8/10

Its a total nonsense fun. For the two long hours I kept on laughing. Its been a long time since the days of "Hot Shots" and "Naked Gun" there has come any clean comedy.

Those who are a regular follower of this comedy series may feel things are repetitive but for audience like me its a great gift in shape of movie.

Please watch this.

Code:

Dude do we still get this series on TV, i remember i use to watch it on starone almost 3 yrs back, but now there is no sign of it...
can u just temmi on which channel we get it now and at what time???

quan chi

mortal kombat

R0B0T

Rating:- 3/5

Just returned after watching this movie.
Well I dont believe in rating system and dosent like to rate also but for the simplicity.i have rated it.

1. STORYLINE

Overall not a bad storyline.But few elements have been borrowed from I robot as suspected.If you are movie buff then the story is quite predictable.

2.DIRECTION

hmmm here i was a bit disappointed.There are few elements in the story where the direction seems totally nonsense.For the risk of spoilers i wont tell much.But i will describe one scene here.The scene where robot kidnaps aishwarya and flees with her in a car and the police starts chasing and shooting at that car madly was totally absurd.I mean how could they act so stupid they dont know the bullets could hurt the victim also.Infact even after the bullet rain nothing happened to ash.
3.SPECIAL EFFECTS

Here i would agree with all the other members who have seen the movie.The special effects at the climax was quite good.

4.MUSIC

Well the sound effects were good too.but the music or the songs in hindi really is quite disappointing.Half of those songs i couldnt understand even though it was sung in hindi.

5.OVERALL

Overall the movie is quite good atleast watchable for one time.Though i havent seen many rajnikanth movies but atleast in this movie those funny typical action styles of rajinakth was almost nil.All the actions executed were good atleast not funny like in his other films.

A good popcorn movie.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Get him to the greek 8/10...i laughed a lot...Damn funny movie..its kindaa a spin off from forgetting sarah marshall...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude do we still get this series on TV, i remember i use to watch it on starone almost 3 yrs back, but now there is no sign of it...
can u just temmi on which channel we get it now and at what time???

I think it does not come in TV anymore. U can still watch the previous episodes in YouTube.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Let me in - The Hollywood remake of Let the right one in....bombed at the BO but getting good reviews.

By the way, those who are looking for good movies to watch and don't have many good choices (I am in such a situation right now)...I'd recommend:

Four Lions - British Comedy (Subtitles recommended)
Repo Men - Twisted movie, Nice OST
Hachi:A dog's story - Must watch whether you are a dog lover or not (I am not)
The Art of Travel - You'd like it if you loved Into the wild
Six Shooter - 30mins movie. From the director of In Bruges. Strong Irish accent(need for subtitles). Great humor. Nice acting.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 7.9/10

Straight from IMDB: In 1900, a young widow finds her seaside cottage is haunted...and forms a unique relationship with the ghost.

Very good acting by both the leads. Nice love story.
For some reason, I liked the story very much.

@sam, dude, thanks for icheckmovies. I'm getting to know about such nice and "new" movies which I could have never found out.

ajai5777

Youngling
I started to play Batman Arkham Asylum.But I didnt get the plot as I have never read any batman comics.Then I decided to watch Batman movies.The movies were far better than I expected.

Batman Begins - 7/10
The Dark Knight - 7/10

Then I completed the game that was also good.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
The Last Airbender - 7/10

I liked the movie and its action scenes...

what I didnt like is why it took soo much effort to create a power...very boreing actions when creating a power...it would be much better if its like X-Men..

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
I started to play Batman Arkham Asylum.But I didnt get the plot as I have never read any batman comics.Then I decided to watch Batman movies.The movies were far better than I expected.

Batman Begins - 7/10
The Dark Knight - 7/10

Then I completed the game that was also good.

You mean to say you watched them NOW?
Anyway,better late than never.

Top Bottom