Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Let me in - The Hollywood remake of Let the right one in....bombed at the BO but getting good reviews.

By the way, those who are looking for good movies to watch and don't have many good choices (I am in such a situation right now)...I'd recommend:

Four Lions - British Comedy (Subtitles recommended)
Repo Men - Twisted movie, Nice OST
Hachi:A dog's story - Must watch whether you are a dog lover or not (I am not)
The Art of Travel - You'd like it if you loved Into the wild
Six Shooter - 30mins movie. From the director of In Bruges. Strong Irish accent(need for subtitles). Great humor. Nice acting.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 7.9/10

Straight from IMDB: In 1900, a young widow finds her seaside cottage is haunted...and forms a unique relationship with the ghost.

Very good acting by both the leads. Nice love story.
For some reason, I liked the story very much.

@sam, dude, thanks for icheckmovies. I'm getting to know about such nice and "new" movies which I could have never found out.

ajai5777

Youngling
I started to play Batman Arkham Asylum.But I didnt get the plot as I have never read any batman comics.Then I decided to watch Batman movies.The movies were far better than I expected.

Batman Begins - 7/10
The Dark Knight - 7/10

Then I completed the game that was also good.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
The Last Airbender - 7/10

I liked the movie and its action scenes...

what I didnt like is why it took soo much effort to create a power...very boreing actions when creating a power...it would be much better if its like X-Men..

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
I started to play Batman Arkham Asylum.But I didnt get the plot as I have never read any batman comics.Then I decided to watch Batman movies.The movies were far better than I expected.

Batman Begins - 7/10
The Dark Knight - 7/10

Then I completed the game that was also good.

You mean to say you watched them NOW?
Anyway,better late than never.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Watched Anjaana Anjaani on saturday, I did not find anything to watch except Priyanka (if you are her fan)...for girls they found Ranbeer drool-worthy and that's about it. Acting was average, story not so surprising but you will get a small tour of US of A. Nothing more to watch in this movie in my very humble opinion.

4/10 from me.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Try Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

One more for Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Its a movie which really touches you. Yet to watch Marley and me.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009) - Watched an amazing movie after a long time. Cutest dog. A heavy tear-jerker. A must watch for dog fans and non fans. The movie was a dud because some dumb distribution company ruined it in marketing. But Sony has stepped up and released it for DVD sales. Hope this movie gets the attention it deserves. Highly recommended

Thanks guys for your recommendations.
Watched a real good movie after a long time. I really loved the movie. What's more surprising is that this movie was based on a realy story? The dog was absolutely adorable.

ajayritik

Technomancer
By the way, those who are looking for good movies to watch and don't have many good choices (I am in such a situation right now)...I'd recommend:

Four Lions - British Comedy (Subtitles recommended)
Repo Men - Twisted movie, Nice OST
Hachi:A dog's story - Must watch whether you are a dog lover or not (I am not)
The Art of Travel - You'd like it if you loved Into the wild
Six Shooter - 30mins movie. From the director of In Bruges. Strong Irish accent(need for subtitles). Great humor. Nice acting.

Mate do you have any good suggestions on some light entertainers.

ajai5777

Youngling
The departed - 7/10
I didnt like the ending thats why 7

Cashback - 6/10
A teen boy loses sleep after breaking up with his girlfriend then he joins a supermarket to spend his extra hours.Watchable and a different treatment.

Stepbrothers - 6/10
Can be watched once.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Robot - 5/10
I tried to like it..am still trying...agreed this had some good comedic moments & i laughed some time in between but as a sci fi movie it was just so damn cheesy...the song & dance was meh..the love triangle was...well...unnecessary..comparisons between iron man/T2 & robot is just laughable...Didn't find the story appealing & the last half hour where he transforms into snake & what not..oh & the mosquito part..was erm bad....I know many wouldn't agree here but this is more of a comedic family movie than a sci-fi movie....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Why all are going these big budget bullsh1ts rather trying the real find of this year "Khichdi".........
A total nonsense, mindless "Hot Shots", "Naked Gun" level laugh riot...........

Top Bottom