Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Inglorious Basterds - 6/10. Didn't match my expectation and all the hype. Certain parts were good, but wasn't too satisfied with the climax.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Sunset Blvd. - 10/10 : Wow! What a classic piece of cinema!! Just wonderful! Although it's an old film it has aged very nicely! From the first scene it grips you and tells you an amazing story of Hollywood! Just awesome! Surely it is Billy Wilder's Finest! Any movie bluff who hasn't seen it has to see it!A Masterpiece!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
FOX (Hindi) 3/10
(Sunny Deol, Arjun Rampal, Udita, Sagarika)
Let me tell you why I watched it...its because of the storyline I got from a review.

One criminal lawyer quits law practicing, moves to Goa for self redemption. Meets one person who introduces himself also as criminal lawyer. Invites him to his home and gives him a novel dat he wrote to read. He read it overnight and next day finds the person is dead. Publishes the novel in his name. Novel becomes hit. Suddenly police arrests him saying every incident in the novel is true and none but the victim or the killer may not know such details.

I liked this theme, so risked watching this movie with such star cast.

The story starts when its already halfway which I guess is after halftime. My sympathies with those had to bear the boredom till this time and had to go through such painful, tuneless, bakwas songs.

When the main plot unfolds, it looked good, but again started lacking pace. Sunny Deol just seemed tired. Every scene of him seems telling "Leave me, I want to go home".

And, what can you expect when u cast Udita and Arjun, every boring scene becomes more boring.
Arjun, after "Rock On", is back to his branded "wood" performance. In one scene he had to shout to the killer to come out of a room and the way he shouts seems he is pleading him to come out.

When it started it seemed to be "The Monk Who Sold The Ferarri"+Thriller.
Later it became "The Monk Who Sold The Ferarri"-Thriller+bad directing+bad songs+bad acting

Why still I mention in "Must watch..." thread.
Its because of the concept/idea. I know a few here who likes to see bad movies with good idea (even one line idea movie would also work for them)...

Last edited by a moderator:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^

Fortunately or unfortunately even 3 of us went for the movie, that too in the theater.

The ticketwala warned us "Agar 10 log jamege to hi ticket window khulega aaur show shuru hoga".

In the end, the total was only 7 so went went to Cafe Coffee Day.

Krow

Crowman
^Fortunately IMO. Anyway, if you guys had a good time at CCD then well and good, else movie would have been fun. Do they allow Chillum in CCD? :lol:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
FOX (Hindi) 3/10
(Sunny Deol, Arjun Rampal, Udita, Sagarika)
Let me tell you why I watched it...its because of the storyline I got from a review.

One criminal lawyer quits law practicing, moves to Goa for self redemption. Meets one person who introduces himself also as criminal lawyer. Invites him to his home and gives him a novel dat he wrote to read. He read it overnight and next day finds the person is dead. Publishes the novel in his name. Novel becomes hit. Suddenly police arrests him saying every incident in the novel is true and none but the victim or the killer may not know such details.

I liked this theme, so risked watching this movie with such star cast.

The story starts when its already halfway which I guess is after halftime. My sympathies with those had to bear the boredom till this time and had to go through such painful, tuneless, bakwas songs.

When the main plot unfolds, it looked good, but again started lacking pace. Sunny Deol just seemed tired. Every scene of him seems telling "Leave me, I want to go home".

And, what can you expect when u cast Udita and Arjun, every boring scene becomes more boring.
Arjun, after "Rock On", is back to his branded "wood" performance. In one scene he had to shout to the killer to come out of a room and the way he shouts seems he is pleading him to come out.

When it started it seemed to be "The Monk Who Sold The Ferarri"+Thriller.
Later it became "The Monk Who Sold The Ferarri"-Thriller+bad directing+bad songs+bad acting

Why still I mention in "Must watch..." thread.
Its because of the concept/idea. I know a few here who likes to see bad movies with good idea (even one line idea movie would also work for them)...

This is story of some classic Hollywood movie or some novel I had seen /read..F**K I forgot the name ..:evil:

Krow

Crowman
QT says that Reservoir Dogs is to him what The Killing was to Kubrick.

Yet to see The Killing, although Reservoir Dogs is my favourite QT movie.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ninja Assassin - 7/10. Good action, non-existent/clichéd storyline, gore and NINJAS. So yeah it's pretty much a good pop corn muncher.

Top Bottom