Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Sleuth is good.
Check out "Fracture" on the same league.

Fracture is one Hell of a Movie, I simply Loved this movie, every part of it. Have not seen sleuth but Primel Fear (another hell of a movie) was very much in the same league, and much so because both are directed by the same director.
Untracable was also by the same director which was decent I would say. Something like SAW.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^Better nate than never :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------

Thanks. Bookmarked !
U've not watched "Being John Malkovich" and Adaptation yet???!!!

Then please do watch "Being John Malkovich" as soon as possible...its one of its kind.
And Adaptation, I'm still not clear ;-)

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
2012 - 6/10. An average flick. The initial parts were good, but towards the end it really dragged along. The acting was really poor. Pretty much everyone in the movie was over-dramatic. What else can you expect from Roland "The world is going to end" Emrich?

I have loved his previous flicks like The Day After Tomorrow, The Patriot and Independence Day, but this wasn't very satisfying.

What about "Godzilla"....lol anyway my take on the movie, not worth, 5.8/10. I dont now why ronald chose to go the "very" typical hollywood way. The main Protagnist family for what ever reason was able to dodge death every 10seconds with a cheezy humour under serious situation was not at all crafted properly. The plot, I mean the concept was the bonus point but Ronald ruined it, with no characterization, nothing about the actual theory and no deapth in any explanation.....bad bad bad for me, even godzilla was better than this for me. I'd rate 2012 the worst Ronald Flick with Patriot the Best, then Independence Day, then Stargate, Day after Tomorrow, Godzilla, 10,000BC then last 2012. You can put Universal Soldier also some where in between.
I think Deep Impact is by far the best "End of the word movie"

Thank god we have movies like "District 9" which completly blows us away.

well Waitng for "AVATAR" now let see what Camron has to offer after 12 Fuc*n years......

Krow

Crowman
Kudos to Ethan_Hunt for having Watchmen in his signature. I'd give the movie a 9/10.

Powerful characters, powerful story, great dialogues and nothing lacking for the action fans as well. Blew me away completely. A must watch for action/adventure/sci-fi lovers. :)

Krow

Crowman
^^ Good songs too....especially the one at the beginning.
Hell yeah, in my excitement I forgot the soundtrack entirely. That starting song was by Bob Dylan I'm sure, although I can't recall the name. There was Sounds of Silence by SnG too, and others, basically, if you watch the movie, you realise that the songs chosen are not the standard music you would expect at various scenes, yet they are better than the standard soundtrack that one is so used to and tired of. Beautiful music all over really. :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Ya..when i saw The Watchmen for the for the first time.. Opening song almost made my balls drop. Amazing song. And the BGM is great in the movie. Rorschach is the favorite character in the gig.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^You all will just love the soundtrack for "The Crow" then. Seriously. And Ozymandias was my favorite. Read the graphic novels. Some book stores in the city are stocking Sin City graphic novels too... the movies make much more sense after going through them. Have to catch Fracture and Slueth though... not done that yet.

Krow

Crowman
^You all will just love the soundtrack for "The Crow" then. Seriously. And Ozymandias was my favorite. Read the graphic novels. Some book stores in the city are stocking Sin City graphic novels too... the movies make much more sense after going through them. Have to catch Fracture and Slueth though... not done that yet.
Ozymandias is a movie? Both you and rhitwick are making me regret not yet watching The Crow! :( Now I'll catch it soon! :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What about "Godzilla"....lol anyway my take on the movie, not worth, 5.8/10. I dont now why ronald chose to go the "very" typical hollywood way. The main Protagnist family for what ever reason was able to dodge death every 10seconds with a cheezy humour under serious situation was not at all crafted properly. The plot, I mean the concept was the bonus point but Ronald ruined it, with no characterization, nothing about the actual theory and no deapth in any explanation.....bad bad bad for me, even godzilla was better than this for me. I'd rate 2012 the worst Ronald Flick with Patriot the Best, then Independence Day, then Stargate, Day after Tomorrow, Godzilla, 10,000BC then last 2012. You can put Universal Soldier also some where in between.
I think Deep Impact is by far the best "End of the word movie"
I totally forgot Godzilla and Universal Soldier. I loved both those films, Godzilla more-so. It had pretty spectacular visual effects back when it released. Now that you have reminded me, I have to get the Blu-Ray.

2012 started off with a bang, but the length of the movie with super cheesy acting just killed it. The end, in particular, was very sh*tty. Remember the Russian blonde, Tamara? How in the hell can she die by drowning, when she is in the middle compartment sealed from both sides?

There seemed to be no post processing done to the movie either. A lot of parts seemed to go into digital mode and hence looked like a B-grade camera work. I didn't expect this from Emmerich. The Day After Tomorrow had a more realistic feel to it compared to this movie.

Thank god we have movies like "District 9" which completly blows us away.
Amen brother. It's not often that we get movies with such unique concept and good presentation.

well Waitng for "AVATAR" now let see what Camron has to offer after 12 Fuc*n years......
Me too. Although, I am really sceptical about this movie for some reason. For some reason, the trailer really hasn't sparked any high expectation or blown me away. But it's a Cameron movie and shouldn't be missed under any circumstances.

Krow said:
Kudos to Ethan_Hunt for having Watchmen in his signature. I'd give the movie a 9/10.

Powerful characters, powerful story, great dialogues and nothing lacking for the action fans as well. Blew me away completely. A must watch for action/adventure/sci-fi lovers.
I hope you got the Director's Cut version. It was an unusual, but outstanding super hero movie. Watching it in HD was awesome. Also the soundtrack, like a_medico, mentioned was superb. I loved Rorschach's character more than anyone else. Comedian, too, had a good impact. But nothing comes close to Jackie Earle Haley's performance in this movie. Playing both it's games has made me an even bigger fan of his dialogues.

I think Anorion has followed it's graphic novels, so Ano do you think there could be sequel indication? *SPOILER* Does Rorschach die in the novel too?*SPOILER*

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - 9/10

1 mark cutted only due to long story...I was too lazy too read the novels ..was always wondering why ppl praise it so much....Finally got 4.38 GB trilogy thru the usual sources....
Its mesmerizing..

Must watch film for every movie buff !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Jurassic Park, Billy Madison, Godzilla, Terminator II and Rush Hour - some movies I can watch over and over again.
@Ethan_Hunt: no chance of a sequel, it was one compact story. Some aspects were totally killed in the movie though, and yes,- Watchmen spoiler - Rorschach dies in the graphic novels too.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Darn! Watchmen's that good? I have to get it! Can't wait for Avatar! Cameron, we've high, very high hopes on ye. Let's see.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'm a bit skeptical about Avatar.
Not expecting it being an unique story, what can be watched out for is acting and special effects.

IMO, Avatar=Transformers+Good Acting :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I liked the FX in the Avatar trailer, then watched the anime series at a friend's house... very childish I think, did not like it. I came to know today that 2012 has been released - want to catch it soon. Can't wait for the Last Airbender.

Krow

Crowman
IMHO Rorschach and Blake were two most powerful characters I've seen in quite some time. @ Ethan Please remove the spoiler part from your quote of Anorion's post. Its easily readable man. :)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I dont remember who recommended "Assasination of high school professor " as a comedy movie ????

What a BS movie..my marks to it 3 out of 10..CRAP !

Top Bottom