Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Revenge is one genre; if executed properly can never go stale! "The Punisher" falls in the same category. I got original DVD at 99 bucks and man I can't ask for more! It is the screen adaptation of the comic hero by the same.

If you are looking for some pure unadulterated revenge saga dipped in oodles of raw action then this is where you should spend your 99 bucks! No fancy CGI, no crotch asphyxiating super hero costume, no lame-brain mask. Just an average Joe out to seek revenge!!!!

BTW; Most of the of the movies that has been recommended in past two-three pages are fit for film festivals. IMO they suck! Good only for verbal diarrhea!!! :evil:

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Yup. We're all serious movie lovers here who can actually appreciate smart films...no place for folks like you ..........please keep enjoying films like The Punisher!!:)

Krow

Crowman
^^Yup. We're all serious movie lovers here who can actually appreciate smart films...no place for folks like you ..........please keep enjoying films like The Punisher!!:)
Offtopic: eggman, when are we seeing your eggy face again in your avatar? I asked coz this comment was very eggy. Spoken straight from the yolk. :razz:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I guess u've seen "Being John Malkovich" of him...

Yup ..and Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind too..

**MILD SPIOLERS**
Did you know that his fictional brother Donald Kaufman is credit as one of the writers writers.Moreover they both were nominated for Golden Globes and Academy, despite donald being fictional ! First time ever that a fictional person was nominated for for Oscars!

Also , I read in an interview Charlie credits himself for writing the first 2/3 of the film and Donald for the remaining 1/3. That is why you have all that shooting, drugs, sex, murder, revaluation and all those cliche' in the last 'act' of the film the Donald was so fond of!
Funny how, Donald's film name was supposed to be THE THREE and how he writes the THIRD act of film.

**SPOILER ENDS**
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Offtopic: eggman, when are we seeing your eggy face again in your avatar? I asked coz this comment was very eggy. Spoken straight from the yolk. :razz:

hehe...its about time

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yup ..and Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind too..

**MILD SPIOLERS**
Did you know that his fictional brother Donald Kaufman is credit as one of the writers writers.Moreover they both were nominated for Golden Globes and Academy, despite donald being fictional ! First time ever that a fictional person was nominated for for Oscars!

Also , I read in an interview Charlie credits himself for writing the first 2/3 of the film and Donald for the remaining 1/3. That is why you have all that shooting, drugs, sex, murder, revaluation and all those cliche' in the last 'act' of the film the Donald was so fond of!
Funny how, Donald's film name was supposed to be THE THREE and how he writes the THIRD act of film.

**SPOILER ENDS**
Yup, knew a few of them.
Infact, I had to go through IMDB pages, to understand the beautifullness of the movie.
Its a movie in movie.

That guy has done so many things with it.

******Spoilers ******

1>Fictional brother and his relationship with him
2>Conflicts b/w both of them
3>Screenplay having authors own inputs
4>He hates writing cheesy stuffs (in movie) like sex, drugs, etc but ends up having all those in his own life (in movie)
5>He's the main lead of the story and at the end of the movie he kills his brother.

Well, when I first saw that movie, I got that the author and the main lead in the movie are same Kaufman. Thought it being a true story (till now u must have got that, its 70% true, he actually got the task to write screenplay for that book). But, in the end when his brother is killed I was sad.
But, when I was going through IMDB pages, I was like WTF??? total eyewash!!! I felt like a stupid:oops:

******Spoilers End ******

dd_wingrider

In the zone
There will be blood - Cant decide how much points i should i give to this movie. Acting was great but i simply fail to understand the whole concept of this 2+ hours movie. Total oscar material I say not for everyday viewing.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

Did I ruffled few feathers here :D! Anyways I don't encourage trolls...so good bye!

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Flash Point 6.5/10

Sorry Sam, can't rate it more.
Being an action movie it has action only in the climax, I found "Dragon Tiger Gate" better than this.
Moreover, has very disoriented scenes. Scene to scene transition is very bad. May be due to bad editing.

Donnie Yen is wasted in this movie. Only climax!!!??? Come on, he could have beaten 100 more guys till the movie reached the climax.

(any other movies of this man??)

As a movie, I would rate it 5.
Only because of climax I rate it 6.5.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
11:14 8/10

Very good movie.

In line of Memento (matching with storytelling as being non- linear ) and somwhat similar concept (only concept) with "Vantage Point".

Very much recommended if u've already liked,
Running Scared
and
Kaminey

jerryelvis

In the Verge of Evolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryelvis *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
Movie Name: FIghtclub
Language: English
Genre:[SIZE=-1]Narration,thriller,action,crime.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
I have watched this over 20 times.Yeah,I'm addicted [/SIZE]:lol: :grin: [SIZE=-1].

We can be best friends..I love that movie too.its my All Time FAV!!

wee can be dude :razz: .......Finally someone like me.
Great to hear from you. :-D

IITian

Broken In
Glengerry Glen Ross - 9.5/10

A beautifully crafted movie with some of the greatest acting performances ever..

A must watch for drama lovers!

Rahim

Married!
I am watching a documentary by Moore: SiCKO and 10 minutes into and my eyes are watery already :( I hope i can last the whole 2 hours.

Top Bottom