Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
However D9 is a new film!!! It's still a lot away from ACO mania!!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Gimme more....(can I say Hollywood sucks :oops: , plzzz )

such a troll!!

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
NewYork - 8/10
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 8/10(only for action)

when District 9 going to release in india? or is it released?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
11:14 - 6/10

Mazza nahi aaya...........disappointing end!

But end is the beginning!
He followed the concept of Memento but hurried the incident relations. They are too con-incidental.

The Classic 7.6/10

I expected a heart wrenching love story. If sad, more better.

Well after this I'm neither too sad or happy. This movie has nothing new to deliver (at least for me).
I've seen them all, heard them all, in different languages, different movies...

And, it started reminding me movies like Forest Gump, The Notebook, Kal ho na ho etc...

And too much crying wiki says the gal cries 16 times in the movie :shock:

Well, to sum it up, its not unique. Better than a few others and recommended only if you just started liking a girl (i.e. u r falling in love)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
DISTRICT 9-7/10
Good SFX, Top Acting, Good dialogues...high paced action near the end ,good premises and presentation as documentary, and a bit of social commentary!

And yeah , if you like this movie you will surely like THE FLY

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Eye 8/10

Very good horror movie. Good acting and good scare.

Would have enjoyed much if not have watched Naina and Gothika already. Well both of these movies have released after "The Eye", where Naina is shameless bakwas copy, Gothika is very much inspired by it.

"The Eye" recommended for all

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Eye 8/10

Very good horror movie. Good acting and good scare.

Would have enjoyed much if not have watched Naina and Gothika already. Well both of these movies have released after "The Eye", where Naina is shameless bakwas copy, Gothika is very much inspired by it.

"The Eye" recommended for all

I think Gin gwai is the original one. Saw it way back in 2004 and enjoyed it. Naina came after that.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
OPEN YOUR EYES -8.5/10 : A twisted film!! Must watch for ppl who like brainfu(k muvies....
No let me see how good its Remake VANILLA SKY is?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think Gin gwai is the original one. Saw it way back in 2004 and enjoyed it. Naina came after that.

Yes, that is the movie I've mentioned here.

I mentioned Naina because I've seen Naina long back so already got an idea how this movie is going to be. Missed the surprise and shocking element for the same.
For first time viewers this movie is gr8!

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Observe And Report - Wtf Seth Rogen thought before accepting this movie. I am a fan of his comedy but Observe and Report was just awful to watch. Avoid it at any cost. It feels like a total spin off of Paul Blart Mall Cop.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^ Hey welcome back... :)

Well, I did not like "Dragon Tiger Gate" that u already know, but that movie at least had some good action which FP lacks. Even FP lacks as a movie.

Look at "Ip Man", gr8 story, greater acting, and great action. Not only Donnie Yen is explored from acting side but also from action.

I'm disappointed with FP. It didn't quench my thirst properly.

Hansel and Gretel 8.8/10

Awesome!!!
A very good horror movie. It falls in the genre of "A tale of two sisters" but not that twisted.
Has more good scare than that but a bit stretched at the end. Or else would have ended up getting 9 from me (like thats very important :-D).

This is a complete movie.
A good story has become awesome by acting and environment only.
From the beginning you will always feel uneasy with what you are seeing. You would be shown something but the environment will always make u wonder why are these happening.
Use of color, sound, different objects are so brilliant and every thing (living or dead) has their impact on this movie.
Not even a single character can seem to u as being useless.

This is an Oscar material (if only the climax can be tightened a bit).
Watch this and have a new experience.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Finally saw District 9 and I am left speechless. Fantastic movie and rated it a full 10/10. Brilliant piece of cinema. Fresh script, realistic approach, nice acting, outstanding make up job and well directed. I must say I never expected this much from the movie. Thought it would be yet another alien-human rebelling movie, but I was wrong. I must admit, start was a bit slow, but it really picked up after half an hour. What I immensely liked and appreciated about this movie was it's make up job. It was very refreshing to see them using traditional make up effects rather than going all out with CGI. A must watch for everyone.

Top Bottom