Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Are baba itna violence mat dekh re. Kaya baat hai? princi ko marna hai kaya, aur uske liye proper motivation (gussa) nahi a raha hai??

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Nope... pissed off with certain people.. so whenever I see movies like this, I just visualise the victims as those 'certain' people :D.

Off to watch The Hills Have Eyes II and then Braindead :D

D

Deleted member 26636

The Good, the bad and the ugly....awesome movie...a complete entertainer...Clint Eastwood rocks.

Krow

Crowman
^^^ Its awesome!!! If u go back a bit in this thread, u'll find my post in which Ive mentioned a couple of other movies too by the same director.

@ Psychosocial
If uve not already seen these, u cn try :

Se7en - 1995 - Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman
A Clockwork Orange - 1971 - Stanley Kubrick(director)
The Killing - 1956 - Kubrick
Reservoir Dogs - 1992 - Tarantino
The Shining - 1980 - Stanley Kubrick
Passion Of The Christ - Lol! ---> I think it sucks, bt good for gore and violence. If u angry on sm ONE, then u cn imagine him/her as the lead character.
Raging Bull - 1980 - De Niro - Scorcese

I Recommend :

Natural Born Killers - 1994 - Oliver Stone(director)

War movies :

Platoon - 1986 - Oliver Stone
Apocalypse Now - 1979 - Coppola
Full Metal Jacket - 1987 - Kubrick

Anyone seen 2001:A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick? Best Sci-Fi ever. Much better than any Star Wars movie. King of grandeur and yet accurately depicted Science and Tech. It was made in 1968 and the SFX dont look outdated even today, although they are a bit easier to make today. Watch it guys and lemme knw if u liked it!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Passion Of The Christ - Lol! ---> I think it sucks, bt good for gore and violence. If u angry on sm ONE, then u cn imagine him/her as the lead character.
Explain to me again why you think it sucks? :|

The movie was a cinematic masterpiece from Mel Gibson. I would like to hear your thoughts on which part specifically you felt "sucked" because I sure as hell can't think of any.

ajayritik

Technomancer
!
I can't understand how can you term this movie as sucks! I really didn't find any thing in that movie which sucks. If I'm really angry at someone I would either bash him or bash some thing else rather than watch a movie and imagine that person.

Krow

Crowman
Explain to me again why you think it sucks? :|

The movie was a cinematic masterpiece from Mel Gibson. I would like to hear your thoughts on which part specifically you felt "sucked" because I sure as hell can't think of any.

Cz it plays on people's religious feelings to rake in money. All right, I know what happened to Jesus Christ et all, bt as a movie, what does it have other than exaggerated violence? If u liked it, then I'm totally fine with it. I dnt expect everyone to share my opinion. Frankly speaking, Ive seen Mel's Apocalypto too and I find it better than Passion. At least he tried and partially succeeded in depicting a culture and a way of life which isnt that well-known, i.e. , of the Mayans. He explored a rather unexplored part of our history. In Passion, he's picked up an exceedingly well-known story and depicted it as it is. The only good thing abt Passion is that its true to the Bible at least.

Anyways, no one can confirm that any religious myth is in fact true. If u still disagree, then watch Zeitgeist by Peter Joseph. We can discuss history after that.

Plus, Napolean once famously said that History is nothing but a fable that has been agreed upon by the rulers and the ruled. If u read Digit regularly, then u may remember a sci-fi blog by Nimish in the march issue, pg 38. It kinda makes my point. We really cant cnfrm history and hence must keep our eye on both the widely accepted documents and also the conspiracy theories and decide for ourselves.

Anyways, I dnt wanna get into a fight with any1, so if u like Passion, watch it ovr and ovr no probs. But u may wanna watch Zeitgeist and a South Park Episode called "The Passion Of The Jew". U cant look at one side and say that its great and the other side is crap without even seeing it.

Krow

Crowman
I can't understand how can you term this movie as sucks! I really didn't find any thing in that movie which sucks. If I'm really angry at someone I would either bash him or bash some thing else rather than watch a movie and imagine that person.

That was specially for Psychosocial who said he imagines those who anger him as the victims. Plz read the thread b4 posting.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Okay, okay guys... dont start fighting over a movie... its just a movie after all! Thanks to Techalomaniac for the list of movies and his opinions!

Krow

Crowman
^^^ Seriously u should try Natural Born Killers. Its not just another smash and bash and gore and blood flick. Watch and tell buddy! :D Just imdb it and and u'll knw why its good. Chk its writers and check a rather long comment by a user called Posthuman2000.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/usercomments

Tarun Agrawal

Right off the assembly line
~snipped~

Moderator note: No discussions related to Piracy allowed here! This is your first and final warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
STAR TREK -9/10 :Fultoo entertaining film with very good story and characters to back it up. Go to your nearest theater and Watch it!! Not to be missed or watched on Laptop/PC!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Cz it plays on people's religious feelings to rake in money.
I'm amazed you use the words "play with people's religious feelings". I'm a Christian & I don't think he played around with any of our feelings. He made a movie, a movie is supposed to rake in money. No movie is made for charity purposes.

All right, I know what happened to Jesus Christ et all
Do you, really? Only the things which are written biblically, right? It won't give you the faintest of idea what a scourging actually looks like, nor carrying a cross, let alone being nailed on it.

bt as a movie, what does it have other than exaggerated violence?
It was supposed to be a movie showing the last 12 agonizing hours of Christ. What did you expect? Bed of roses? What did you expect when flesh were to be hit with a whiplash?

Frankly speaking, Ive seen Mel's Apocalypto too and I find it better than Passion. At least he tried and partially succeeded in depicting a culture and a way of life which isnt that well-known, i.e. , of the Mayans. He explored a rather unexplored part of our history. In Passion, he's picked up an exceedingly well-known story and depicted it as it is. The only good thing abt Passion is that its true to the Bible at least.
You're comparing movies which are in 2 different leagues altogether. Apocalypto was based on the Mayan civilization & Passion was centered around Christ. Both shouldn't even be compared. You're comparing religion to a culture. Two different aspects.

Anyways, no one can confirm that any religious myth is in fact true. If u still disagree, then watch Zeitgeist by Peter Joseph. We can discuss history after that.
Who spoke anything about religious myths? I merely remarked upon your usage of the word "sucks" for the movie.

Anyways, I dnt wanna get into a fight with any1, so if u like Passion, watch it ovr and ovr no probs. But u may wanna watch Zeitgeist and a South Park Episode called "The Passion Of The Jew".
No one is getting into any sort of fight. I loved passion, I can't watch it over & over again, I just can't. Name me one movie in the entire history which depicts the amount of realism to Christ's death portrayed in this movie. If you have paid attention to every intricate details, he has made a cinematically stunning movie. Using the word "sucks" these days has become so liberal. So that is the reason why I had to probe me question. I'll watch Zeitgeist, but South Park isn't something I prefer.

U cant look at one side and say that its great and the other side is crap without even seeing it.
If read through my post, I never said anything about being crap. I merely asked you a question. Plain & simple. It was you on the other hand who said it "sucks", remember?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
STAR TREK -9/10 :Fultoo entertaining film with very good story and characters to back it up. Go to your nearest theater and Watch it!! Not to be missed or watched on Laptop/PC!

have been waiting for this one for a long time......am a fan of the series especially since I read the novels by peter david (imzadi and Q squared)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Religion sucks :p... ahh okay, I dont play around with anyone's religious matter from now on... sorry :|.

The Hills Have Eyes II :- 7/10... not as intense as the first one but more gore! Yay!

I just saw Iron Maiden's documentary, Yeah. Flight 666

I'd give it 7 to 8/10. Definitely worth a watch, not watching again and again, but atleast once. As Kerrang! puts it, you get a peak behind the Iron Curtain, which is pretty much humorous, serious at times, and of course, great music.

A must watch for metalheads if not casual movie go-ers :twisted:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Taste of Tea 7.5/10
IMDB

This movie is based on a family. Everyone in that family is unique on its own way. Demands, success all are different to all of them.
The movie does not care about a particular plot or theme. Its something like a few days from our life are just in front of us. This does not need a beginning or ending. It just happens. U cope up with ur fears, u show courage, u overcome ur sorrow all happens in our life and in this film it just portrays that.

Camera work is brilliant. Someone at IMDB has just used my exact words what I was thinking while watching this film. This movie is a art masterpiece; at any point u pause it and the screen can be kept as a independent art work in some art gallery. The scenic beauty has just doubled or trippled due to the diff camera angle used to show them on screen. It proves the much said quote "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder".

Story, well I just could not understand this movie at maximum part as I'm not that much into art movies. May-be some experts here can get the meaning (or this film just doesn't say anything, its just there)

Acting, all characters are gr8 specially both the child artists.

Try this movie. Remember, don't expect ANYTHING from this movie, that way u might enjoy it. Else, it would seem to be a very boring movie.

Top Bottom