Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Inhabited Island - First part of the russian trilogy. Clone of star wars, matrix and lots of movies. And the end result was bad. I usually don't stop watching the movie in between. This time I had to.

Matrubhoomi-Watched it again with friends. One of the very original movies ever made in bollywood. First half has an awesome dark humor. Its the story set in future rural India in which there are no females left due to infanticide!

yippee

lost in my world
1)Silent Hill:6.5/10
one of my favorite movie

2)Southland Tales:5.8/10
good movie but confusing

3)Children of Men:8.1/10

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
3:10 to Yuma - 6/10 : Decent western film having two talented stars in the lead(Russell Crowe,Christian Bale). Good background score it has. Good watch for Western Lovers, although there were lot of stupid things in between!

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
OngBak 2 - 8/10.. By Looking at the end..may be a sequel will arrive soon...
Chocolate - 8.5/10... Stunts look similar like Tony Jaa,but the girl got some nice moves and she is so cute too...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
THE GREEN MILE - 10/10 :

One of the best film I've ever seen in my life!! Very entertaining (although its 3 hrs long, it never drags) and very very very very sad!!!:( :( MUST WATCH!!!:) :) :)

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
do u choose ur movies to be that good or its just ki u rate most movies that high.come to think of it this is a "must watch" movies thread but still.......

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^I think it's former :). That's why I am avoiding Twilight because of its low RT and IMDB score!!1

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
THE GREEN MILE - 10/10 :

One of the best film I've ever seen in my life!! Very entertaining (although its 3 hrs long, it never drags) and very very very very sad!!!:( :( MUST WATCH!!!:) :) :)
Thats my favorite. B4 this movie I didn't that d huge man can act, he's just awesome, and no comments on Tom hanks.

do u choose ur movies to be that good or its just ki u rate most movies that high.come to think of it this is a "must watch" movies thread but still.......
R u talking about giving Green Mile 10/10? If yes, then plz watch it, I guess u won't rate it less than 10.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Strange Circus- Awesome Japanese film. Again David Lynch style direction, keeps you curious throughout. But be warned. Has strong sexual content, child abuse, incest, gore and what not. Its directed by Sion Sono who has also directed good movies like Love Exposure, Noriko's Dinner Table and Suicide Club. I think this is one of the best directors from Japan to watch for!

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Off topic:

Slumdog Millionaire at number one spot in Korean box office too hehehe

*www.hancinema.net/korean_boxoffice.php

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I'm planning to watch Spirited Away. I know it's Japanese flick and like any non-English flick It should be watched subbed and not dubbed!! But since it's animation , there are no real actors and both Japanese and English voices are over dubbed!! So can anyone tell me if I should watch it with English voiceover or is it any worse than Jap audio + eng sub!!

Top Bottom