Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

anispace

dattebayo
The Day the Earth Stood Still(2008 ).... had high expectations from this movie but sadly was let down by the crappy ending.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Wall-E 10/10

That was awesome. Theme, presentation, story, message everything.

Now my top3 animation films are
1>Wall-E
2>Ratatouille
3>Monster Inc.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Resident Evil : Degeneration. 9/10

At last a RE movie based on the game. The animation is so amazing that I first thought that it wasnt an animated movie :razz:. The story is gripping and good. The action scenes are fantastic and you can even watch it with your little siblings as the movie is void of any 'that' type of scenes :).

A must watch for everyone.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Quantum of solace- What was so extraordinary about it? I found it to be a pretty average bond movie. It was good, but not extraordinary as it was praised.

Rules of dating- Light Korean movie. Babe was cool.

...ing- Another korean love story. Nice soundtrack.

Dostana- Couldn't watch for more than 30mins. They act so fake.

Next: Kim-Ki Duk's Dream

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dostana 5.5/10

First of all I want to compare the film with chewing gum. If not the camera work and presentation was so classy it can be compared with Partner.

~~~~~~~~Following comments can contain spoilers~~~~~~~~~
Let me tell u d story (actually there is no story, its a thought which was made into a story).

Story: Two guys r in search of house in Miami. They chose a house but owner refused to take two guys as her nice is going to share that apartment. Our heroes become desperate and pose a Gay and convince owner now she wouldn't fear. Both of our heroes fall for owner's niece but our heroine falls for her boss. THIS IS IT. This is the end of the thought which in turn was made into a movie.
A lot of endings could be thought of this scenario and our confused director has chose one.

Some characters were just introduced for the sake of comedy and to lengthen the screen time. Like Sam's mom, Priyanka's gay boss (Boman irani). Their contribution in the movie does not affect the story (or whatsoever) in any way.

Jokes/comic situations created around immigration officer/govt. invigilator are now seemed to be repetitive. A lot of movies have already shown them (Hey Baby, Ramji Londonwale, one film with Jimmy Shergil-Kim Sharma etc.)

Lots and lots of dumb scenes, beautiful song picturisation, a very few intellegent humor(may be 2-3), John's only one expression (confused) are the elements of the cinema.

If not a few humor moments the film should be released as a video song album only. Why torture people with such dumb cinema.

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ arrey yaro post all this in "Not recommended movies thread" ..not just jo bhi movie dekh lee uski post kar dee :) ...hope u understand

JYO_JVL

Right off the assembly line
Frequency-sci-fi type....good one

tron-kids type..related fully to computer sofware..(old movie..old=gold:p)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Money Pit (comedy) a hilarious movie.
Just about to load it. I had this movie lying around for months now & somehow it got buried under all the newer movies that came along. Tom Hank's is a fantastic actor. I remember watching Bachelor Party & it was freaking hilarious. Hope this movie is as good as it looks. :)

Rahim

Married!
Pather Panchali.......no words would do justice to this masterpeice by Satyajit Ray.....its in Bengali, watch it with English subs and rediscover what cinema is.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Pagal hai kya??? 9.5 for that ciche's fulled films

Pather Panchali.......no words would do justice to this masterpeice by Satyajit Ray.....its in Bengali, watch it with English subs and rediscover what cinema is.

I want to see that film so much!!! so rare!!!(I'm bengali......lucky me)

Last edited:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
The Last King of Scotland 3.75/5 good performances but lacks a killer story.

Disturbia 2.5/5 average flick but shia seems to be improving each day

Click 2.75/5 Adam Sandler really pulls this movie this high a time-pass movie but with some good emo scenes

You Don't Mess With The Zohan 2/5 a tea time movie thats just a little stretched.awesome first few minutes though :D

Top Bottom