Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Nah i just wanted to see how much films i watched recently . And the number is amazing . Never really counted !

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Anybody saw Upstream color ?

Upstream Color - I didn't know what hit me after watching this. It had tinges of few David Lynch movies, Perfect Sense, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and Primer. And it turns out that this is the second movie of the director after Primer!

After reading the spoilers, I am able to decode it slowly. I couldnt decode Primer but I guess I am doing good on this one. This is not everybody's cup of tea. But a must watch for Primer fans.

@rhitwick - Yes. Compliance was sickening.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/84916-must-watch-movies-recommended-digitians-post1861049.html?highlight=compliance#post1861049

quan chi

mortal kombat
Aashiqui 2
I really couldn't decide where to put this film in "must not.."or in this thread. At last i decided to let you guys decide.

The film is damn boring with no theme at at all. I think mahesh bhatt wanted to make a musical album but by mistake made this movie.I also wonder how many gallons of alcohol were used for this movie. Throughout the movie you will see our lead character who of course is a hit singer drinking and drinking and drinking......but why? er...may be because mahesh bhatt wanted to make a movie thats why.

This movie may be a treat for all drunkards. If you get bored atleast you can play a guessing game on the brands of the liquor used.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rhitwick - Yes. Compliance was sickening.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/84916-must-watch-movies-recommended-digitians-post1861049.html?highlight=compliance#post1861049
I know, you were my source for this movie.

Jolly L.L.B 6.5/10 (+1 grace mark)

A true blue court-room drama from bollywood. IDK, when was the last time I saw an original courtroom dram in hindi.

Saurabh Shukla was awesome!
Must watch...

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Aashiqui 2
I really couldn't decide where to put this film in "must not.."or in this thread. At last i decided to let you guys decide.

The film is damn boring with no theme at at all. I think mahesh bhatt wanted to make a musical album but by mistake made this movie.I also wonder how many gallons of alcohol were used for this movie. Throughout the movie you will see our lead character who of course is a hit singer drinking and drinking and drinking......but why? er...may be because mahesh bhatt wanted to make a movie thats why.

This movie may be a treat for all drunkards. If you get bored atleast you can play a guessing game on the brands of the liquor used.

I liked the movie. Both the actors and songs were nice. Script too.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm really curious to know why this is not "Abhimaan" remake?

The Bay 6.5/10

Another good "found footage' movie. Check it out.

The scene near the fountain where that man was lying was clearly one of the spookiest one.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I liked the movie. Both the actors and songs were nice. Script too.

I dont know why you liked the movie but if you have then its your choice.
For the script i would say it was just average.

I'm really curious to know why this is not "Abhimaan" remake?
Exactly i was going to say the same. The character of abhimaan was dipped in a tank filled with alcohol then a little bit of rockstar flavor was sprayed over it and you get this movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I haven't watched Abhimaan but I know about it. And yes, I did get the feeling that it must be a similar movie to Abhimaan, while watching Ashiqui. Didn't prevent me from liking it. Even a tinge of Rockstar, I would say.

Flake

Linux User
Abhimaan's story is exactly opposite of Aashiqui 2.
In Abhimaan, protagonist gets jealous with his wife's success. In Aashiqui 2, protagonist tries his best for success of his girlfriend.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Snyder Spree Begins
Today Watched - 300 - 7.5/10
I almost laughed in some scenes in the early half hour of the movie because I have already watched Meet The Spartans .
This Is TDF.:Kicks:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
All I know about movie "abhimaan" is that the songs are good.

Anyway, I watched Go Goa Gone yesterday and liked it. Any more such movies I should watch? Comedy/ZomCom? :p

TIA.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Now You See Me - 7/10 never got bored .. but they could have made it a little longer and added a backstory.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched After Earth. Good one time watch.
Reviewed: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-2.html#post1921398

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
All I know about movie "abhimaan" is that the songs are good.

Anyway, I watched Go Goa Gone yesterday and liked it. Any more such movies I should watch? Comedy/ZomCom? :p

TIA.
Zombieland (2009) - IMDb
Shaun of the Dead (2004) - IMDb
Warm Bodies (2013) - IMDb

Watched After Earth. Good one time watch.
Reviewed: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-2.html#post1921398

Fine Review .

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
The Host (2013)

*ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjMwNDg1MTAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk5ODI3OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg
Dont go just by the IMDB rating guys,
its awesome..