Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Princess Aurora 7.2/10

A mom's revenge for her daughter's rape and murder. A known premise but executed differently. The mom becomes a serial killer here!

But I would anyday prefer Messiah: The Harrowing for movies on such concepts. Where Messiah had a convincing storyline (IMO Dexter season 6 was inspired by it), brilliant acting and neat screenplay, "Princess Aurora" was a bit loose. Sure the flashback scene is heartbreaking but the whole movie can't be excused for that particular scene.

And, the asylum scene is obviously inspired by "The Bride Wore Black"

Socha Na Tha 7/10

When this movie released it was highlighted that its a launchpad for another Deol. Till Jab We Met released I continued ignoring this movie solely of that reason. I should have watched this long ago.

Today when I saw this movie it never looked like an Imtiaz Ali movie, where in his latest movies he focused on love, pain and feelings more, here the focus is more on family values and drama. I'm sure he were forced to alter the original script under some pressure.
And, who the hell wrote the dialogues for this movie? total noobish approach.
Songs are misplaced but few scenes shows the spark of genius that the Imtiaz we know of today.

At times I found this so similar with "Jab We Met", may be that is what he wanted to make first time instead made this one. A nice watch though. Common, conventional, bollywoodish run-of-the-mill movie. Thus it failed at the box office.
Also, Abhay Deol hammed.

//As people know about "Joker" now, Sirish Kunder was editor of this movie, could be another reason of its failure.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ponyo - Good for children.

The Raid Redemption - Ok but it felt less coherent and abrupt. Fighting scenes were good. Thai movies still excel comparatively.

The Girl Next Door - Still one of the better movies. But not as appealing as it was before.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Raaz3. Should go in Must not watch movie. Not sure why this movie is a hit. Vikram bhatt is a very inconsistent director in bollywood. I liked his movies 1920, Haunted and Raaz.
Raaz 3
Bakwas
enough said :/
Wish I had taken your comment seriously. I wouldn't have wasted my money and valuable time on this crap.
Rs 380 to be precise.

Vicky Donor 6/10.
First half was good but second half wasn't that great. Refreshing movie though. Liked the character that was played by hero's grandmother.

Flash

Lost in speed
Watched THE DICTATOR last week.
Loved the way the movie was spun around the characters and monarchial dictatorship.
Though some scenes are not suitable for indian-viewers,i personally loved the dialogue deliveries and silent comedies.

Surprised to see Megan Fox in this movie
Now, I know why these movies is banned in most countries!
:doublethumb: Hail the Supreme Leader!:doublethumb: - 9/10

pratik385

In the zone
Raaz3. Should go in Must not watch movie. Not sure why this movie is a hit. Vikram bhatt is a very inconsistent director in bollywood. I liked his movies 1920, Haunted and Raaz.
Wish I had taken your comment seriously. I wouldn't have wasted my money and valuable time on this crap.
Rs 380 to be precise.

Holy cow!!!
380 Rs :?
I watched it for 60rs :D

Looking forw for Barfi
any good holly movies coming this w/e? Ted?

pratik385

In the zone
Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama - 10/10
This is my Fav. Childhood cartoon flim...
I always watch this whenever Cartoon Network screen this.
Its animation is really great, makes you wonder that its created in 1992
Great songs and dialogues too

Please do watch this if not seen before :)

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
The corporation (documentary peeling the insights of the corporate world )
The social Network
The wall street (1987)
The wall street : money never sleeps (2010)

you will enjoy if you love the financial world

Top Bottom