Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
In Rockstar the heroes expressions are so lame. Just in the songs, I saw. Would never watch such trash.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be frank, the film looks like a caricature of the rock/metal bands/singers, only the comedy was missing.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
They successfully passed of a Bollywood choco boy as a hippee, and sold him as a Rockstar to the masses. Surprisingly it worked.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You all went to see a movie on/about rock music but Rockstar is not a movie in the similar topic as "Rock On"...its a love story.

I'm not gonna fight whether its good or bad, should you watch or not (though my full review is posted in movie review thread! ) I love this movie.

"Topic is over"

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Me too, didn't liked rockstar much.

Instead yeah, Pyaar Ka Punchnama was great.

Yesterday I saw, Jodi Breakers, it's good too :) I'll rate it 7/10.

Not some really great movie, but a good watch for having a sweet timepass :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You all went to see a movie on/about rock music but Rockstar is not a movie in the similar topic as "Rock On"...its a love story.

I'm not gonna fight whether its good or bad, should you watch or not (though my full review is posted in movie review thread! ) I love this movie.

"Topic is over"

Now extrapolate this love story to your life, is that how it works ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Azaan

I dare not rate this. Its a brainfcuk movie. Inception is a kid comparing to this.
Things happen throughout the movie, no one knows why! And then there are loose ends which we audience are supposed to decode.

This movie asks for your brain, this movie asks for your undivided attention but more of all it requires your patience.

Then there is the hero...Sachin Joshi. In the movie everyone spoke apart from him. Even Candice Boucher has more dialog than him in the small 10 mins role she did. And, the moment Sachin opens his mouth for the first time, you know WHY!!!

Good cinematography though. They shot the movie most of the world. India (Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata), Afganistan, Germany, Paris, China, South Africa.

Watch it. There are movies which are so so bad that they end up being a legend and immensely fun to watch.

Puss in Boots 6/10

So so... nothing special. Breathtaking animation is no more a plus point of animation movies. Its kinda norm now-a-days. Missed the fun.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Braveheart - old but seriously epic movie. Its blend of love with courage. IDK if someone has already shared the name here. My rating 9.5/10. A must watch.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Awakening (2011) - Good British horror. If you liked The Others, you'd like this too (this wasn't a spoiler).

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Guys , today i lost 1 tb of my data on a stupid seagate HDD !! :cry:
That HDD was full of rare movie collection and many TV shows . This thread was an inspiration to collect those movies and i had almost all the movies mentioned here ! R.I.P
Please observe a 2 minute silence and pray that i can try my luck on various HDD recovery softwares .
HDD is still in warranty but the data lost is worth millions . Lesson learned . Always back up data since HDD failure is a heartbreaking experience ! :cry:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
That HDD was full of rare movie collection and many TV shows . This thread was an inspiration to collect those movies and i had almost all the movies mentioned here ! R.I.P
Please observe a 2 minute silence and pray that i can try my luck on various HDD recovery softwares .
HDD is still in warranty but the data lost is worth millions . Lesson learned . Always back up data since HDD failure is a heartbreaking experience ! :cry:

I think DVD disc is more secure to store data.

korn72

Right off the assembly line
Hey all !!

I am fresh out of assembly line apparently :p

anyway .. I am sure we'll have a lotta movies to talk about. But I've been watching a lotta sitcoms and english series of late. To name a few good ones:

In the funny section I've watched:

How I met your mother .. The first few seasons are way better than the last few ones ..

Big Bang Theory - It simply rocks !

Two and a half men - All the ones with Charlie Sheen

Modern Family - Interesting characters ..

That 70's Show - Plain funny .. takes you back to the 70's .. shot in the early 2000 of course :p

Seinfeld - Brilliant characters ( my fav being George and Kramerrr :p .. a classic sitcom !

Scrubs - Comedy set in the background of a hospital .. Not bad at all ..

Friends - But am sure its not worth mentioning coz am sure evryone's watched it .. atleast one episode ..

In the not so funny department:

Dexter - Brilliant series based on a blood splatter analyst who is also a part time serial killer with a twist ! :p

Castle - About this mystery novel author and his chemistry with a pretty detective. They solve mysteries together.

Prison Break - The first four seasons ..

House MD: I am not sure if everyone would like it .. but I watch it for Hugh Laurie. He is this crazy intelligent super doc. :p

There are so many .. but I am blessed with a horrible memory and cant think of more right now ..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

I know how you feel. I also once lost 930GB of data due to HDD failure.

I had backup of all torrents I had downloaded so I re-downloaded them again. Took 4months to complete but I've them back now.

Wish you best of luck. If you are in Mumbai...can meet me, at least 60%-70% refill guaranteed. :)

Hey all !!

I am fresh out of assembly line apparently :p

anyway .. I am sure we'll have a lotta movies to talk about. But I've been watching a lotta sitcoms and english series of late. To name a few good ones:

In the funny section I've watched:

How I met your mother .. The first few seasons are way better than the last few ones ..

Big Bang Theory - It simply rocks !

Two and a half men - All the ones with Charlie Sheen

Modern Family - Interesting characters ..

That 70's Show - Plain funny .. takes you back to the 70's .. shot in the early 2000 of course :p

Seinfeld - Brilliant characters ( my fav being George and Kramerrr :p .. a classic sitcom !

Scrubs - Comedy set in the background of a hospital .. Not bad at all ..

Friends - But am sure its not worth mentioning coz am sure evryone's watched it .. atleast one episode ..

In the not so funny department:

Dexter - Brilliant series based on a blood splatter analyst who is also a part time serial killer with a twist ! :p

Castle - About this mystery novel author and his chemistry with a pretty detective. They solve mysteries together.

Prison Break - The first four seasons ..

House MD: I am not sure if everyone would like it .. but I watch it for Hugh Laurie. He is this crazy intelligent super doc. :p

There are so many .. but I am blessed with a horrible memory and cant think of more right now ..

There is a TV series thread. Please continue there.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/133844-all-tv-shows-related-discussions-here.html

Top Bottom