Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Watched The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009) - IMDb 9/10 , I won't get bored of the Court Scene..

db22

Right off the assembly line
Movie Name:The Shawshank Redemption
Language:English
Genre:Crime, drama
Here's a short description:
Adapted from the Stephen King novella Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, the film tells the story of Andy Dufresne, a banker who spends nearly two decades in Shawshank State Prison for the murder of his wife and her lover despite his claims of innocence. During his time at the prison, he befriends a fellow inmate, Ellis "Red" Redding, and finds himself protected by the guards after the warden begins using him in his money laundering operation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The movie's so good dt i wud giv 9 out of 10 !!!!!!!! :!::!::!::!::!:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sherlock Holmes:A Game of Shadows 6.5/10

First part was more intriguing and had a good story. I'm still not comfortable with the idea that someone had to perfect what Sir Conan Doyle wrote.

A bit touch of Holmes's original story and bring in the main twists and turns and you get modern day Holmes saga set in old London.

And I still can not accept such short height of Holmes!

Well, lets talk about what you got here.

Acting: Well, none questions this part. But Holmes is a bit more witty and too talkative which I noticed.

Direction: I missed a soul in the story and presentation. Even last scene failed to provoke any shock or emotion.

Cinematography: Good.

Special effects: Good and too much. It was supposed to be a detective story not a remake of "Saving Private Ryan" :O

Verdict: Watch it for a new representation of Holmes and some witty humor.

Krow

Crowman
Most good theatres in Delhi have a minimum ticket price of Rs 250. :x No concept of cheap morning shows. Gah!

MI 4 was good. May watch Sherlock Holmes soon.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Most good theatres in Delhi have a minimum ticket price of Rs 250. :x No concept of cheap morning shows. Gah!

That's not true. Most of time I watch cheap morning shows, the price of which varies between Rs. 60 to Rs. 100!

There does comes some rare occasions where I have to shell out more money to catch the shows, but that's not because morning shows weren't cheap, that would just because the movie is not available in morning slots. But as I said, that's rare.

ajayritik

Technomancer
And you decided to watch Don2 , as a better alternative?*www.sigma-galant.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Watching Don2 has nothing to do with Sherlock Holmes. It was not an alternative. I liked the first part so was planning to watch it. I was planning to watch it this week but looking at couple of the guy's posts about it doesn't look great.

Neuron

Electronic.
Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge - 7/10 Great acting by the cast.I do not understand why song/dance scenes are considered "a must" for Indian movies.Most of them suck big time.

The Lion King - 7.8/10 .Pretty late but still a good watch.
Easy A - 7.4/10. A thorough fun movie.Loved Emma stone.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Now you have to watch Warrior mahn, Amazing movie. Tom hardy's screen presence is just unmatched. Last 30 mins are really great. :)

yup watched both warrior and money ball,both good planing to watch the ides of march,a lonely place to die and the next three days:-o

Top Bottom