Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
X-Men:First Class

A movie with a good story and comparatively good action.

Due to heavy rain reached late to cinema hall here so missed first 15 mins. I hope I did not miss much.
But the rest 2Hr was amazing. Really good acting by all.

I would like to say, X-3 and Origins:Wolverin was bad, but this one is what "Dark Knight" to batman series.

one question, generally "Stan Lee" does a cameo in all his movies, did I miss him or he he did not show his face this time?

Hall Pass 6.5/10

The movie started well, went good till intermission but then it was simply boring....really boring and then again the climax car chase scene was good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Hills have Eyes II (2007) - 7/10
a good sequel to part 1.must watch

Feast (2005) - 7.5/10
The intro of characters is superb.plus the scary & spooky scenes.
goes to my must watch horror movies

Ponty Pool (2008) - 6.8/10
This movie is unique than other horror movies....
this movie has damn freaky moment like silent hill.
& lots of mystery...just watch it....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Trollhunter 7/10

This is a nice try for a mocumentary.

But it fails in the shock value. "The Blair Witch Project", "REC" or "Cloverfield" succeeded on building tension but that was missing here.
Rest assured is a good watch and not a dull moment.

Question: Why all of them started running at the end?

Zangetsu

Dying Breed (2008) - 6.5/10
Its far more scary than Wrong turn.
a must watch for horror fans....
This is not a good ending movie....

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Trollhunter 7/10

This is a nice try for a mocumentary.

But it fails in the shock value. "The Blair Witch Project", "REC" or "Cloverfield" succeeded on building tension but that was missing here.
Rest assured is a good watch and not a dull moment.

Question: Why all of them started running at the end?

Can't recall the details but I had liked this movie when I watched it some 6mons back.

R2K

In the Zone
Notes on a Scandal (2006)
Theme is kinda disturbing but i have to say that acting crew have done a wonderful job

Zangetsu

Scream of the Banshee (2011) - 4.5/10
Nothing special about the movie only thing I liked is the head of the monster.....

Dread (2009) - 7.8/10
After watching this one you will say WTF***.
this movie has immense amount of shocking/freaky nature....
do watch it for horror/thriller genre

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched King' Speech and Finding Nemo the other day. Both were brillaint.
Liked the peformance of Colin Firth and the character who played Lionel Logue

For your resolution 720p will itself be good !
But 1080P will be the Best !!!!

Try to get the 1080P Rip always
They are within 5GB and 1st class Quality !

Only one advice : Don't fall in the side of craps

A release may be 1080P 7GB but OK quality
But a 3GB 1080P will be unbelievable !

Check this sample ..
U wont believe your eyes ! :shock:

*www.mediafire.com/?e553vm91l1a21cx

Just sample - no offense - no piracy - just technically speaking
Thanks for the details. Will try to get more of 1080p if possible.

I agree with your point wherein you say that there maybe something of bigger size which may not be as good as the smaller size one with the same resolution.

The thing is how do I judge unless I download a sample of the movie clip.

I usually go for DvDRip, it usually takes 3 hours. Which is better than waiting fir 12 hours for a 3GB file ;). To my surprise, I found that my LCD doesn't support HD resolution from USB and when I tried HDMI, I found that my laptop doesn't have an HDMI port. HD doesn't want me.
By DVDrip do you mean 700 MB size coz there are some which are dvd rips but have size around 2 GB as well.

Also how can I know whether my LCD supports HD Resolution using USB.

3hrs for a DVD rip!!! which connection are you using ...?? In 3 Hrs I can download a 3GB movie!, usually I stick to around 2 to 2.5 GB 720p rips.

Few movies like Tron Legacy, District 9 etc I downloaded 1080p 6,7GB size with full 1500kbps DTS track ........ these movies deserve HD A/V .. :smile:
Which Airtel BB plan are you in ?

Zangetsu

@ajayritik: if u have low bandwidth than 720p is more than enuf...
otherwise 1080P is birlliant....

A Ripped Movie is nothing the re-encoded(lossy) version of original source using codecs & encoders(DivX,XVid etc)...

so,a BR Rip is always better.....

but do remember that not all BR Rips is medium sized(2~5GB) they can be bigger....
so forget abt the size of original Blu-Ray files

R2K

In the Zone
I prefer BRrips and HDrips that are in 550-600 MB range....much better than traditional DVDrip in terms of video quality as well as size:D

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ajayritik: if u have low bandwidth than 720p is more than enuf...
otherwise 1080P is birlliant....

A Ripped Movie is nothing the re-encoded(lossy) version of original source using codecs & encoders(DivX,XVid etc)...

so,a BR Rip is always better.....

but do remember that not all BR Rips is medium sized(2~5GB) they can be bigger....
so forget abt the size of original Blu-Ray files

Thanks for the info! I know about the various file sizes available in BRrip ranging from 700 MB to over 10 GB. Atleast as far as I have seen esp talking about the max size here.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I watched Source Code finally. At first I thought it's a Vantage Point, on the half way I thought it's Inception, near the finish I thoughT it'd be a Deja Vu but at the end I am confused!!! Well the movie is really well made, well edited. Jacky has done some good acting. But I don't even know why I am putting this in Must watch!!!
I liked these anyway, would love to go Chicago and have that piece in my collection :)

*img684.imageshack.us/img684/1204/94682123.jpg*img811.imageshack.us/img811/2177/sc1dh.jpg

Source Code (2011) - IMDb

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Guys stay on topic and avoid drifting into these unwanted discussions, which could invite trouble later on.

Monster - Saw this movie over the weekend. Felt it was average, but hats off to Charlize Theron for pulling off such a look and role.

X-Men: First Class - I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. With all the hype and reviews going for this movie, I thought it was good, but not great. I heard someone had compared it to the likes of The Dark Knight, which is a joke. The good thing I liked about this movie was that it explored Magneto & Xavier's past properly. The CGI effects seemed good at times, but amateurish as well. They PG-13'd it way too much. I guess they were catering to a large audience.

Source Code - Now this movie was a surprise watch. Very engaging and fast. Jake Gyllenhaal was very convincing in his role. Good storyline and well acted.

Top Bottom