detoxicated

Right off the assembly line
English: Sweet November, Watchmen
Hindi: 3 Idiots, Dil Chahata Hai, Ram Lakhan
Others: Poison Ivy series, American Pie series, Eurotrip, Kamasutra

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Secretary - Not sure how to rate this movie, but it's quite an unusual dark love story. Excellent performance by Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Daybreakers - This movie had a good concept and potential, heck it started out good, but the last 20-30 mins just ruined the whole movie. The cinematography was excellent.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I need help with a movie which was recommended in this thread earlier. Don't have time to go through all the threads, so I thought of posting it out here.

I'm not sure who recommended it, but the plot was about a family getting kidnapped by a group of thugs and they are tortured or something like that in a cabin. I can't seem to remember much about it, but people said the movie was very disturbing.

Can anyone try and recollect it's name or just provide names, I'll try to look up for it on IMDB?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The Man from Earth. A movie shot in a single room (almost). unbelievably engrossing. Make sure you understand each & every dialog.
P.S. It isn't a horror movie

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
There are lots of movies like this, but I think you are talking about Funny Games.........other movies I can remember with similar theme are...
But no couple gets kidnapped in that movie. May be you can call it "taken hostage"

Cape Fear
The Strangers
The River Wild.......nice concept
Deliverence.....bit similer to The river wild but better
Then there will come
Eden Lake

Will tell more when I go home...

azzu

AJJU
Badmaash Company
Nice movie New story ( i haven't seen any English movie like this) by story i mean new ideas concepts and the Ending Was awesome , Movie could have been good if it was directed properly ,,
Shahid is Avg
anushka sharma isReal hot...rest ok

7/10 extra one for climax

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
There are lots of movies like this, but I think you are talking about Funny Games.........other movies I can remember with similar theme are...
You're bang on Sam. That's the name I was looking for. Thanks a million. I'll also queue up those other movies you have mentioned. :smile:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Ethan, Vacancy can be considered, but it won't satisfy you ;-)

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

You're bang on Sam. That's the name I was looking for. Thanks a million. I'll also queue up those other movies you have mentioned. :smile:

OMG!!! You have not watched this yet....

Get the old one...though Naomi Watts did good but.......

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The original one (1997), thats the one I saw.......
I have queued up both of 'em. Also saw the trailer of Cape Fear and that has to be in the list as well. BTW how is Full Metal Jacket?

a_rahim said:
@Ethan: I agree with you Secratary is dark but a very pure romantic movie.
I know. It was not your conventional love story. For most part, I thought it would be about BDSM only, but the end turned out to be quite different.

Krow

Crowman
I liked it very much........its not a full blown war movie, but more on what mental challanges a soldier faces in the battle field and for that how brutely he is trained..Movie's first half is dedicated showing that "Brute" training. Rest is showen in vietnam, and the last 10-20 minutes is in the battle field....

Plus it is Stanley Kubrick's film, so the cinematography and soundtrack are pretty good too. I loved the film. I saw some war films one after the other some time back. These were:

Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Full Metal Jacket

Loved all three. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
There are two Funny Games by the same director? Which one to watch? 1997 one or Naomi Watts wala?

Check out 1997 one...

IMDB

Gosh!!!
All of a sudden "Funny Games" is in business.
Somewhat similar (in disturbance category) will be "The Wicker Man", "Straw Dogs", "Peeping Tom" etc... (obviously Vengeance Trilogy)

(Itna hi yaad hai abhi)