Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Piyush

Lanaya
good recommendation liked the movie
will give it a 8/10
which movie r u talkin about?

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

1 romantic flick i love-A Walk To Remember

must watch for college studs-American Pie -BETA HOUSE
u'll die laughing

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just came back from watching Iron Man 2. I'm not impressed at all. I didn't find the first movie that good, but the sequel made it look like a good effort. This movie was just made up of lousy comments from Robert Downey Jr. and action put up only in the last 20 minutes or so. The race track scene was already introduced to the public, so we'll just move on with what's left in the film, which isn't much. What's with the sequel's these days having half-arsed humour? What happened to those witty lines? What happened to less talk and have more action kind of super hero movie?

For me, I don't really have plans of visiting a theatre if a third installment is planned for it. <_<

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
No Country for Old men - 7.5/10...
Good acting by Psycho man ... albeit very slow film

Shutter Island - 8.5/10..
WTF story...and cinematography..really good acting by Leonardo.. Must watch

Firewall-7/10
Run of the mill stuff movie starring Harrison Ford....Nothing special ..a nice timepass

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Death Proof - I had seen Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror long back, so thought would pop in Death Proof and complete the Grindhouse double feature. It's split into 2 acts and both of them possess a similar set up but the endings have a twist. Overall, I enjoyed the movie. The first part was excellent and the second one was a bit over the top in terms of performances and the end being laughable.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Road, Movie - I m a big fan of Abhay Deol and I expected to be good even though it was a boxoffice flop. It's one of the whackiest movies you'd ever see with the interpretation left to the viewer. Very wierd. Strange music, strange song, strange script, strange humor. Frankly, I am confused whether I liked this movie or not!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Road, Movie - I m a big fan of Abhay Deol and I expected to be good even though it was a boxoffice flop. It's one of the whackiest movies you'd ever see with the interpretation left to the viewer. Very wierd. Strange music, strange song, strange script, strange humor. Frankly, I am confused whether I liked this movie or not!

That means you have not liked it ;-)

A Serious Man 8/10

This movie is totally an one man show, and that is "Michael Stuhlbarg", awesome acting by him, even when he's not speaking, his body language is speaking for him.
Every subtle moves, gestures he makes are an integral part of the movie.

Rest are a few good striking scenes, black comedy but very slow and if not very willing to sit through might feel boring.

@SAm and ethan, what do u guys say, IM2, theater or not? Should I go?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The New Daughter - Horror movie starring Kevin Kostner. Good comeback by him. Movie was interesting but the end was a bit lame for me. Some might like it though.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@SAm and ethan, what do u guys say, IM2, theater or not? Should I go?
I would personally wait for Blu-Ray release. If you want to go to the theatre then please don't spend a huge amount on it.

sam9s said:
I would have to agree with you here to quite an extent, though I disagree that the first was an OK movie, for me IM 1 was AWSOME
Again, it's a personal opinion. I didn't really find it that good while introducing the character of Iron Man. I haven't read any comic or seen any cartoon for Iron Man. So I expected the first movie to just blow me away - it didn't. So I didn't really fancy Iron Man as a super hero. It just failed to create that impact. But after watching the second movie, it felt like the first one was a well focussed movie and the second one was just a rushed attempt.

a_medico said:
The New Daughter - Horror movie starring Kevin Kostner. Good comeback by him. Movie was interesting but the end was a bit lame for me. Some might like it though.
I saw it yesterday night as well. The entire build up was a total let down. I was expecting something really exciting towards the end, but it all went down the drain. Costner's acting was really good, but I think the script should have been handled properly.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I would personally wait for Blu-Ray release. If you want to go to the theatre then please don't spend a huge amount on it.

Again, it's a personal opinion. I didn't really find it that good while introducing the character of Iron Man. I haven't read any comic or seen any cartoon for Iron Man. So I expected the first movie to just blow me away - it didn't. So I didn't really fancy Iron Man as a super hero. It just failed to create that impact. But after watching the second movie, it felt like the first one was a well focussed movie and the second one was just a rushed attempt.

I've read Iron Man comics, it used to come in last few pages in Spider Comic books.

Like it very much, but the story in comics is totally different from movie. In comic the incident happens in Vietnam whereas in movie it happens in Afganistan, again there were no such Iron Man vs. Iron Man so soon introduced in the story.

The movie story is not in line with comic story.... :cool:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fermat's Room 8/10

Wow!!! After a long time a really engazing thriller.

Only issue is the math problems are not very much upto the level of math geniuses. I guess it might be due to the reason that the audience should also at least what the problem is. But seriously most of the problems we have already done in our college ragging period ;-)

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

LOL, guys check this out in IMDB only, "Human Centipede", its a horror movie.

***Warning***
I've not seen it, so if u end up watching it, don't blame me.

b/w check out its review here review link :p :D oh, the review does contain spoiler.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

A comment from one of its reviews in IMDB
"what kind of sick and depraved human mind could possibly have come up with such a horror concept". The answer: Dutch born writer/director Tom Six

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

b/w check out its review here review link :p :D oh, the review does contain spoiler.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Wow the reviewer has drawn a very good diagram !!:grin:

D

Deleted member 26636

LOL, guys check this out in IMDB only, "Human Centipede", its a horror movie.

***Warning***
I've not seen it, so if u end up watching it, don't blame me.

b/w check out its review here review link :p :D oh, the review does contain spoiler.A comment from one of its reviews in IMDB

i read that review & also checked the film on wikipedia...wikipedia has an image from the film.....just the thought of this movie is giving me the creeps...watching it is totally out of the question..